1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 28 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Depends entirely on how you define better. If you define it as doing more DPS, then no you can't.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Bunch of NQ apologists and +1 elitists up in here. For any lurking paladins looking for advice in this thread the answer is dependent on your situation and what is holding you back from progression. Do you have a trigger happy DPS who severely outgears you and pulls hate constantly? Get +1. Are you dying or your DPS plays cautiously? Get armor. Do you sometimes screw up timing on fight or flight or rage of halone? Get +1. Are timing FoF and queuing up halones on muscle memory for you? Get armor. Will you feel like a chode rolling on allagan blade if you're the only one in your group who didn't invest in +1? Get +1. Want to feel smug in saving 900 myth over everyone else in your group when 2.1 comes out? Get armor. Just want +1 for the shinies? Get +1. Haters can sit back and say "you'll never lose threat if you time everything perfectly" but that bit of wisdom is not going to help you in the moment if you zoned out, didn't get a fast blade off on a clockwork bug in time, and your DPS are about to go ham on your knight and soldier. Or if you're the OT for your static, and you're trying to down T5--where your primary concern is DPS--before 2.1 and you want to say you did everything you could to attain that goal. The point of gear is to increase the margin of error. Both +1 and armor upgrades will do that for you, just in different ways. It's not black and white.

In any case the argument may very well prove moot after 2.1.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    Bunch of NQ apologists and +1 elitists up in here. For any lurking paladins looking for advice in this thread the answer is dependent on your situation and what is holding you back from progression. Do you have a trigger happy DPS who severely outgears you and pulls hate constantly? Get +1. Are you dying or your DPS plays cautiously? Get armor. Do you sometimes screw up timing on fight or flight or rage of halone? Get +1. Are timing FoF and queuing up halones on muscle memory for you? Get armor. Will you feel like a chode rolling on allagan blade if you're the only one in your group who didn't invest in +1? Get +1. Want to feel smug in saving 900 myth over everyone else in your group when 2.1 comes out? Get armor. Just want +1 for the shinies? Get +1. Haters can sit back and say "you'll never lose threat if you time everything perfectly" but that bit of wisdom is not going to help you in the moment if you zoned out, didn't get a fast blade off on a clockwork bug in time, and your DPS are about to go ham on your knight and soldier. The point of gear is to increase the margin of error. Both +1 and armor upgrades will do that for you, just in different ways. It's not black and white.

In any case the argument may very well prove moot after 2.1. Personally, my static is all-in on trying to down T5 before 2.1 and I wouldn't be able to say I did everything I could to attain that goal if I didn't drop the 600 myth on +1.
    Euuhhhhh

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Euuhhhhh
    zzzzzzzz

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

zzzzzzzz
    Holy shit, this is still a thing?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Bunch of NQ apologists and +1 elitists up in here. For any lurking paladins looking for advice in this thread the answer is dependent on your situation and what is holding you back from progression. Do you have a trigger happy DPS who severely outgears you and pulls hate constantly? Get +1. Are you dying or your DPS plays cautiously? Get armor. Do you sometimes screw up timing on fight or flight or rage of halone? Get +1. Are timing FoF and queuing up halones on muscle memory for you? Get armor. Will you feel like a chode rolling on allagan blade if you're the only one in your group who didn't invest in +1? Get +1. Want to feel smug in saving 900 myth over everyone else in your group when 2.1 comes out? Get armor. Just want +1 for the shinies? Get +1. Haters can sit back and say "you'll never lose threat if you time everything perfectly" but that bit of wisdom is not going to help you in the moment if you zoned out, didn't get a fast blade off on a clockwork bug in time, and your DPS are about to go ham on your knight and soldier. Or if you're the OT for your static, and you're trying to down T5--where your primary concern is DPS--before 2.1 and you want to say you did everything you could to attain that goal. The point of gear is to increase the margin of error. Both +1 and armor upgrades will do that for you, just in different ways. It's not black and white.

In any case the argument may very well prove moot after 2.1.
    You're so elitist with all your words and shit.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    >pretending to be Korean on the internet.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    It is when you're trying to bump your post count I guess.

As for +1ing or not.

It's the first thing I spent Myth on back in the day, shield then sword, so I can't really say I can notice any difference since everyone back then had around the same gear. No one would ever uttgeat me or anything so I never really lost hate.
    I just did it cause of the shiny aspect..
    I've seen plenty tanks that can hold hate just fine without one though.
    Normally I'd say, just get the +1, but as someone mentioned, i90 Primal weapons will be here in a week. Maybe aswell check what that's about.
    I'm just happy I don't have to spend Myth on my other 4 jobs for an i90 weapon now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Shiney is more fancy than not shiney. +1 sword and shield are shiney. I think I answered the question. Done and done. Your welcome everyone.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As SE denied me the pleasure of tanking in my first white knight costume thanks the AF being moot very quickly, I had no choice but to fulfill my fantasy/immersion by buying valor body, feet and then +1 sword first. Then hands (this week) and shield to finish up my look (luckily the body shields my legs I can go commando and no one would care), and legs/head at a later time.

Also never really lost hate myself [single target] even in my initial WP/AK days with my GC Sword and AF armor and one of them non-convertible rusty kite shields, when the BG LS was showing me the ropes.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    >pretending to be Korean on the internet.
    what the hell is that? one of my RL friends do that to me and he's too dumb to explain to me that he's not falling asleep in the middle of the day.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

pretends to be korean or pretends to be on 4chan?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Something else worth considering is that limit break damage is based on each party member's weapon damage.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    pretends to be korean or pretends to be on 4chan?
    the "zzzzzzzz" where is that from?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    the "zzzzzzzz" where is that from?
    It's a korean thing (at least it's prevalent in the Korean online community, which is the first place I ever saw it). It basically means "I'm bored" or "this is dumb". For instance you might wipe to an easy boss and someone will say "zzz". You could also use it to talk shit in a game like League of Legends after you kill someone by saying it, basically implying that they're easy to beat.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    To this date: 2 shields, 2 belts, 2 earrings, 1 bracelet.

Le sigh.

At least my SMN is getting drops . . .
    2 body, 1 shield, 1 legs, 1 feet, 1 hands, 1 ear, 1 ring, 1 belt, 1 wrist. My cotank and I pretty much rock complete opposite pieces. 3 fucking Allagan fists out of 6 kills. Want to trade that shit for a sword please.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

From my group (not counting the other group that split off a couple weeks ago), we've gotten one shield, two legs, 1/2 feet (can't remember), two rings, one neck, one body, one belt, and one earring. I would do... things... to get the hands to drop.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Oh you know, I'd take any visible allagan piece at this point.

Would be nice to be able to play more WAR if needed at some point, instead of having a whole lot of useless 5/5 valor when I need some i90 on WAR.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Something else worth considering is that limit break damage is based on each party member's weapon damage.
    I keep seeing this but I don't know where it came from. Is there a link or something that has testing done to verify this? Not saying it's wrong as I have no clue how Limit Break damage works but it seems odd that my Bravers in AK are consistently 5600-5700 regardless of how scrubby the person we fill the 4th slot with is. Also does it calculate based on shown Weapon Damage? Like for Caster LB does it go off of everyone's Magic WD? Wouldn't that skew the results in favor of stacking mages if you plan on using the caster LB since melee weapons have pretty pitiful magic damage ratings?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I keep seeing this but I don't know where it came from. Is there a link or something that has testing done to verify this? Not saying it's wrong as I have no clue how Limit Break damage works but it seems odd that my Bravers in AK are consistently 5600-5700 regardless of how scrubby the person we fill the 4th slot with is. Also does it calculate based on shown Weapon Damage? Like for Caster LB does it go off of everyone's Magic WD? Wouldn't that skew the results in favor of stacking mages if you plan on using the caster LB since melee weapons have pretty pitiful magic damage ratings?
    I've wondered the same. Early reports I read was that LB damage was simply potency (e.g. Braver). This will still scale with gear properly, as 2300 potency at level 20 is still roughly ~10 attacks from that player, just like it is at 50.

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast