1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

15 skill speed on its own is junk, Without that ring I'm already sitting at 554 Parry which I'm not even convinced I'm really benefiting from. If you want Parry, the Ultima ring has a better secondary stat and only like, two less Parry or something and if you don't care about Parry, Vortex ring has the same VIT and better stats. Even if you want skillspeed, there are better places to get it than the ring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Vortex Ring is Crit and Det, no Acc.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Jesus did I botch the stats on that ring. Whatever, still better stats than Allagan. I must've been thinking about Titan's earring. Woops.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's almost like you can use a parry ring when you want full turtle and vortex ring when you want hybrid.

Porque no los dos?

(I don't know the spanish for "shit is situational")

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I would still never use the Allagan ring of Fending. We actually got one tonight and I passed on it (along with Body and Feet... Heavy Allagan Gauntlets do not exist).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    It's almost like you can use a parry ring when you want full turtle and vortex ring when you want hybrid.
    If you want hybrid surely melded 70s stomp the shit out of some secondary stats?

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Current Gear

Tried tanking T1 snake (PS picture is in PT with food)

I kep dropped fast like he was hitting me for 1k-2k per hit

I was rotating my skills as i could Rampart, Fosight Bullwark and Sentinel, bloodbath to help

Each time someone was proc Tail swipe I was casting Stoneskin on me.

When snake hit 4 stack I died in 3 seconds (should've poped HG) BLM said it showed i was a new tank, but Not sure what else i couldve done

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    But the Allagan Ring of Fending sucks anyway. If you're after Parry get Ultima Band of Fending. Otherwise just get a Vortex ring.
    If you want increased survivability then you should be using the Allagan Ring of Fending. It is hands down the best choice in that regard.

If trying to create some kind of hybrid dps PLD is your thing then by all means wear a Vortex Ring of Fending or even a Gryphonskin Ring but you should probably stop spouting crap like Ultima ring is better.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eurlin Vindictae
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Dalvengyr

Why in gods name did you pass on Feet and ring? those are soooo good. No reason to take a step down in items unless someone else can benefit more i.e. FC tank buddy who needs to up his gear. I've been very happy with Coil post patch, be it random luck or whatever I don't know. I just know I finally have my Feet, Ring, Bracelet, and Choker from just the 3 weeks it's been up <3

@Ratapa

I would suggest saving your Defense skills for until Stack 3, have the healer hit you with Eye for Eye around 3 stacks and start with Rampart/Foresight > Sentinel > Bulwark/Convalesence > Hallowed ground > Awareness?????? pray he's already dead?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Similar story for me this week. I passed on Feet and Earrings. I know they're both awesome but they were far better upgrades for the back-up tank than me so meh, would rather he take them than me get a marginal upgrade.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post

Porque no los dos?

(I don't know the spanish for "shit is situational")
    "mierda es situacional"?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Current Gear

Tried tanking T1 snake (PS picture is in PT with food)

I kep dropped fast like he was hitting me for 1k-2k per hit

I was rotating my skills as i could Rampart, Fosight Bullwark and Sentinel, bloodbath to help

Each time someone was proc Tail swipe I was casting Stoneskin on me.

When snake hit 4 stack I died in 3 seconds (should've poped HG) BLM said it showed i was a new tank, but Not sure what else i couldve done

I assume this is after the split? I use Rampart right at the split while people get situated. Then I save CDs for 3 stacks and just rotate through them. Rampart will be back up by then as well. When you get to 3+ stacks healers need to be on the ball and keep you topped off. You have more then enough HP/gear for t1-4.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eurlin Vindictae
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Dalvengyr

I think realistically DPS or Healers are your problem more so than your gear. That's not to say you can't fuck it up, but if they're not tossing Virus or Eye on you, then it's going to hurt a bit more. low dps groups should get Caduceus down by 4 stacks, maybe the second split with a LB by stack 5?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    I assume this is after the split? I use Rampart right at the split while people get situated. Then I save CDs for 3 stacks and just rotate through them. Rampart will be back up by then as well. When you get to 3+ stacks healers need to be on the ball and keep you topped off. You have more then enough HP/gear for t1-4.

Was before split (I was MT)

But just got another group and 1 shot it

HEalers gonna suck

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

HEalers gonna suck
    Definitely was a healer problem. Pre-split Caduceus hits pretty hard even without any stacks, especially that Hood Swing. I had pretty similar gear to your PLD when I first started tanking it too, so I know for sure that you're not undergeared for it. Should actually be able to tank Turns 1-4 easily with that same gear if you upgraded your shield to allagan or Holy Shield +1 along with some good heals.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Definitely was a healer problem. Pre-split Caduceus hits pretty hard even without any stacks, especially that Hood Swing. I had pretty similar gear to your PLD when I first started tanking it too, so I know for sure that you're not undergeared for it. Should actually be able to tank Turns 1-4 easily with that same gear if you upgraded your shield to allagan or Holy Shield +1 along with some good heals.
    Well that group made me do T1-2 and started 4, got wreck on dread but that was my fault

Feeling a bit better

P.S how much ACC and HP recommanded for the 3 EX primals, might try for Onion shield

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

HEalers gonna suck
    Agree with healer issue. I have done caduceous numerous times on PLD with full DL + myth ring. My luck in coil has been terrible and I'm not excited about spending myth til I start getting drops. I have been taking whm to coil so I'm glad I held off.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

P.S how much ACC and HP recommanded for the 3 EX primals, might try for Onion shield
    According to the Bard thread, the EX primals don't appear to have a minimum accuracy requirement. Someone reported 100% accuracy on Ifrit EX with a mere 361 accuracy.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    According to the Bard thread, the EX primals don't appear to have a minimum accuracy requirement. Someone reported 100% accuracy on Ifrit EX with a mere 361 accuracy.
    Ok thanks, because i got Heavy Allagan Legs and CT feet atm, and i got like 200-300 more HP but i got like 430 ACC, i wanna do the EX so i can hope for Onion shield I have like 5.8k HP Atm solo

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurlin View Post
    Why in gods name did you pass on Feet and ring? those are soooo good. No reason to take a step down in items unless someone else can benefit more i.e. FC tank buddy who needs to up his gear. I've been very happy with Coil post patch, be it random luck or whatever I don't know. I just know I finally have my Feet, Ring, Bracelet, and Choker from just the 3 weeks it's been up <3
    I already have the feet and body, is why. Still haven't seen a bracelet or Allagan gauntlets.

As far as rings, A difference of 2 Parry between Ultima and Allagan hardly makes Allagan "by far" the best option when I'm already sitting at 570+ Parry with food; a 0.35% increase and who knows how small an increase to my actual Parry rate. Or I could bump my base DET from 230 by 7/11 (a 3% and 4.8% increase respectively) and potentially my crit rate by 11 (a 3% increase).

If it had literally any other stat besides skill speed, it would be the best option. But until and unless they change that, it will continue to suck compared to other (more easily obtained, to boot) options. The extra 2 Parry does effectively nothing, the 15 skill speed does even less.

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast