1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The new Windhurst.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

WHATEVER, CAPTAIN SPELL CHECK!

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Critical hit bonus work the same way for magic damage as they do normal damage. If the rate is the same, just use the equation valk displayed on his website:

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

That may be true but I don't think that a DoT works entirely the same as a one off ability. Each DoT has multiple chances to have crit damage, so per spell cast the likelihood of having crit affect your damage is greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Can anyone even consider Allaghan weapons to be a priority at this point? Does anyone (other than a potentially cheating JP) have one yet? I feel like someone holding off on +1ing their relic because of an unconfirmed Turn 5 drop is a bit silly.
    Even if beating Twintania were a legitimate proposition for most people, relic+1 is still a good idea. You only get to visit once a week with one roll on 9 possible weapons. Who says you'll ever see it?

Ifrit sure as hell doesn't care about probability and you can visit him dozens of times a day.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got my hands first for bard. Probably going to get legs next. Then either +1/Body/Ring.

If DL Body -> Relic Body is a very close call with +1, then Toxotes Legs -> Relic Legs should be obviously more important.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    That may be true but I don't think that a DoT works entirely the same as a one off ability. Each DoT has multiple chances to have crit damage, so per spell cast the likelihood of having crit affect your damage is greater.
    Remember that the "higher critical hit chance" applies to the chance of landing a critical hit over multiple tries rather than the rate of landing a critical hit each tick. The rate of each tick will be the same as a single cast and because the gain should stack to roughly the same as criting an attack with the combined potency.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The choice is maddening here. I have the relic hat for BLM and now at 300 for this week and ready to hit 600 by the end of the week. By then I will have a choice between relic body or relic+1. What to do???

Oh and having my smn relic now, I was wondering if I should just get the relic horn this week and start fresh again on the quest for the BLM relic +1 after.... I have to admit, this 300 myth cap really limits your ability to progress past darklight upgrades. Then again, this stupid patch better hurry up

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

BLM staff gains +3 damage which is worth ~20 primary stat, so I don't really see a choice to be made there.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    WHATEVER, CAPTAIN SPELL CHECK!
    Lmao

But yeah, as others have said I wouldn't base your current gear choices off the assumption you're going to get an Allagan weapon.

Allagan weapons seem like bonuses for people that don't want to make relic+1s for their non-primary job.

ie. The one they spent all their resources gearing to the teeth to clear Coil in the first place.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I'm curious what other PLDs are doing with Mythos in terms of order.

Edit: Nvm, going to the PLD thread!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just posted this on another thread for a totally different purpose, but this video says all jobs besides bard should get +1 over relic body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8lPa-EXjUE

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Interesting video, but again this guy is using DRG specific gear. On SMN our relic weapon doesn't have our primary secondary stat on it at all. If the SMN relic weapon had crit then it would clearly be the winner.

I'd imagine this same train of thought can apply to other jobs as I don't know all of the gear for all jobs.

On DRG it seems obvious as the relic weapon has WD STR and Crit. May not be the case on other jobs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Mage relics get +3 weapon damage from going +1. It's really not a decision you need to think about.

Edit: And BRD is +1 (hence they have good reason to think about it), everyone else is +2 (not as clear-cut but generally still weapon first unless you're able to make a jump of more ~20 primary stat from an equivalent upgrade.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    The choice is maddening here. I have the relic hat for BLM and now at 300 for this week and ready to hit 600 by the end of the week. By then I will have a choice between relic body or relic+1. What to do???

Oh and having my smn relic now, I was wondering if I should just get the relic horn this week and start fresh again on the quest for the BLM relic +1 after.... I have to admit, this 300 myth cap really limits your ability to progress past darklight upgrades. Then again, this stupid patch better hurry up
    Might depend on your accuracy assuming you have plans to do coil or are doing it now. If you can get 440 with your current gear or perhaps even a slight downgrade (Darklight > Demagouge waist for example for the extra accuracy) then I'd just +1 your relic, if not the AF2 body might be a decent purchase.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Might depend on your accuracy assuming you have plans to do coil or are doing it now. If you can get 440 with your current gear or perhaps even a slight downgrade (Darklight > Demagouge waist for example for the extra accuracy) then I'd just +1 your relic, if not the AF2 body might be a decent purchase.
    Unless the number is different for mages and physical damage dealers, 440 is not good enough.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm thinking the heroes ring is the best thing to buy with mythology after the relic upgrade. This is because you can only have one darklight ilevel 70 ring, so your other will be the AK ilevel 60 ring if you have it. Swap that 60 with a 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Unless the number is different for mages and physical damage dealers, 440 is not good enough.
    I've heard in various places that it is indeed different, casters requiring less ACC to cap.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I'm thinking the heroes ring is the best thing to buy with mythology after the relic upgrade. This is because you can only have one darklight ilevel 70 ring, so your other will be the AK ilevel 60 ring if you have it. Swap that 60 with a 90.
    I would not judge upgrades based solely on ilvl.

It really comes down to stats vs your current gear, the stats on AF+1 vs Allagan, and what you expect to see drop in the next few weeks.

For BRD I went ahead and did the AF+1 legs first. I want to get the high cost items (body and legs) out of the way first, as well as them being the biggest single piece stat upgrades I could do. I was really, really on the fence about Relic +1 vs AF+1 (like someone else said this is mainly a BRD issue) but I just ended up weighing the stats against everything. Who knows how long it will be before I see Allagan legs or body with the way the coil lockout works... so doing what I can to make Coil easier as soon as possible. BRD BiS hands is AF+1 so keeping that in mind as well.

My current plan is AF+1 Legs > Body > Relic +1 > Hands. Going to take forever and a day, but so is everything else no matter how you slice it. Open to suggestions here on this as I could easily be missing something. Still a noob.