1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DoH/DoL Class Quests     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Chysahl greens appear at 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM in the NW part of coerthas western highlands in slot 6.

Anyone knows if there is a hard cap to perception and Collectables? I cannot get past 170 collectability with Disc Eye + Methodical, no matter how high I increase my perception. Getting the same now at 580 Perception than I was back at 550. Lvl 6o ofc, and this happens on any collectable, regardless of its level.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There does seem to be a cap with methodical = 115 (so with discerning its 172).

I've tried boosting my perception with food but still get 172, and even on lower tier items.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Many are probably already aware, but the journal entry for the level58 botany quest is wrong. Birch logs are from Sea of Clouds, not Churning Mists.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Impulsive is pretty OP when it procs since it applies for that Impulsive and the next hit it seems like. Net 17% increase vs doing Methodical 30% of the time.

115 cap on Methodical seems tuned to 450 collectibles since that's attainable in 4 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Impulsive is pretty OP when it procs since it applies for that Impulsive and the next hit it seems like. Net 17% increase vs doing Methodical 30% of the time.

115 cap on Methodical seems tuned to 450 collectibles since that's attainable in 4 hits.
    Always assumed it as an HQ/crit strike when that happened. Still too much RNG for my taste.

double posted

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Impulsive is technically better than Methodical in the long run, but when are looking to just hit a tier threshold I think you want a rotation that has no RNG in it.

That's why I only use methodical, no RNG!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I can't find 16,38 in sea of clouds to fish, but it is listed for multiple location fish in xivdb.

WTF? Someone gimmie some guidance or something

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok, you gotta be on like the very edge, and you need to have done cloudfishing, which I hadn't. Anyone know where Churning mists Sohm Al Summit pos is?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone know where Churning mists Sohm Al Summit pos is?
    hastily cropped pic from fishing log:

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

No one posted FSH yet?
    53: 3 HQ Icepick
    55: 3 HQ Shadowhisker
    58: 1 HQ Letter Puffer
    60: 1 HQ Catkiller

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Catkiller is a bitch, the gathering requirements are pretty high. I'm going to have to wait till I have some gear before I can get it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was the most annoying, illuminati fish was the highest script payment with no window required. Farm that enough with a goblin jig to get you script gear. From there get the bladed steel jig! Makes life 110% easier. Catching the fish doesn't require using Patience, precision for toad, then powerful for Catkiller, you can do it with out. I got mine through just waiting on GP to build up. I did eat an nq spinach quiche and had +4 gather/perception acc's on.

The illuminati are a fking Joke to catch.. went there with about 1m left on xp to 60, walked out with around 10 illuminati in about 30m .:.:

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    The Catkiller is a bitch, the gathering requirements are pretty high. I'm going to have to wait till I have some gear before I can get it.
    It's perfectly catchable with top-tier pre-3.0 gear. However, it can take a LONG time to get lucky enough to get a HQ. I was there for hours last night trying and still haven't managed.

As far as scrips go, it's interesting that FSH has no real (visible) limitation on how much you can gather, unless the fish called for has a specific daily window. Many of them are up all the time, though.

Catkiller being a hoe. Been at it for like 4 hours, cant even get a bite, and when I do, it turns into a fkin NQ one even with Patience up. Otherwise is fkin lobster all damn day. Even more annoyin is seein the fkin frogs run away with my 200k lures.

487G/403P, not like it matters.

Sorry to ask something out from your loop,
    What's the best way to level DoL ?
    Levequest?
    Or spend time mining and logging?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Collectable rotations depending on your level. Old world figs / yellow copper ore spam till 57? Then move onto the lvl 58 of either btn/miner. Which is red quartz / old world figs, or Banana / yellow copper ore. If one job is ahead of the other and you can focus on btn, you can hit Mistle toe, farm adaman ore quickly, bananas, then old world figs. Doing those 3 collectables for btn gave me 1.1m xp for turning them all in, 2.2m after an hour~

I'm 52 both Miner and Botanist