1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: DoH/DoL Class Quests     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Thaliak Caiman (near the illidari whatever fish for scrips) can be fsh desynthed for water clusters

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Remember that dumb skill you got at 55? Luck of the Pioneer/Mountaineer (free ability used after getting "HQ Chain 2" i.e. 3 HQ items in a row)? It has uncovered Grade 5 Carbonized Matters every time I've used it (which admittedly has only ever been twice). Lot of good that does when normal gathering points only have 4 gathering attempts. Outside of that, I think I've seen them just up on a node... maybe once.

I'm rather surprised that they aren't more expensive, but I guess the rate at which people are obtaining T5 materia as well as the number of people who give a shit about melding those materias are both very very low.
    So, apparently this can happen. Maybe this is why they aren't more expensive.

whats the best way you found to farm for gatherers scripts for the folklore books??

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

(11pm/am)Adaman ore, cordial, Morel(12pm/am), cordial, Cuprite(2pm/am) and then illuminati fish between windows if you want to be constantly doing something. All the gathering is in the same zone so you could stay there for hours till ready to turn in depending on inventory.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Add in abalathian mistletoe at 10AM/PM to maximize scrips. I only have miner/botanist, so mistletoe > morel > cuprite is most efficient for me in regards to scrip farming. If I had fishing, I'd do that while waiting for next cycle to come up.

Another way to use scrips is to level your leather/weaver desynth. The trailblazer gear themselves are lv58/i120 so they should be decent to go up to maybe 130/140 (haven't tried yet, trying to take up weaver desynth soon).

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Re: Carbonized matter -

I've seen it once without doing anything special at all on the Rainbow Cotton Boll node in Coerthas. It had a massive quantity increase.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm having a devil of time reaching the minimum collectibility # for turn-ins. I've tried Morel and Cuprite. I have best pre 3.0 gear including melds and new main/off-hand tools.

I know I need to upgrade regular gear, but people have been doing this for a while, what am I missing?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are you not using trailblazer gear? Unless I'm reading it wrong, you're still using forager stuff right? The difference between forager's hat and trailblazer scarf is 28 perc. Now add all the differences up for your left side and you'll see how much perc. you're missing out on. Also try perception food. There are cheap ones in jeweled crozier for 200g a piece or something.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Unmelded level 60 HQ gear is also nice to have. I'm still using 2.xx accessories but have Adamantite main/offhands, Serpentskin belt of gathering, and all the main left side. Gives capped value on Morel and Cuprite by a fair margin.

Waiting for Eso patch to see if we need red scrips gear to reasonably DO folklore nodes (ie, Morel/Cuprite give both scrips), or if we need to DO folklore nodes to get red scrips. Or a 3rd option; red scrips nodes ain't even here yet.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'm having a devil of time reaching the minimum collectibility # for turn-ins. I've tried Morel and Cuprite. I have best pre 3.0 gear including melds and new main/off-hand tools.

I know I need to upgrade regular gear, but people have been doing this for a while, what am I missing?

Most people use a rotation that requires 600GP

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah I hadn't upgraded left side yet, and the perception jump is worthwhile. I'll fix that today and try again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4