1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Not sure which leve you're looking for, but most npcs have a rotating set of Leves. For example, an npc may have 6 total leves in their journal, but the menu does not display them all. The only way to access the "missing" leves is to do other leves (from any npc) and the set may rotate (this is global for all leve npcs for your character).
    Battle and MIN/BTN leves rotate between 4 of the 6 (2 of the 3-4 for GC), but DoH + Fisher leves are constant.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Battle and MIN/BTN leves rotate between 4 of the 6 (2 of the 3-4 for GC), but DoH + Fisher leves are constant.
    Thanks .I must have been thinking of rotating rewards for DoH. When you get 10 shard rewards in a row before the (insert non lucis item) comes back ugh...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Not sure which leve you're looking for, but most npcs have a rotating set of Leves. For example, an npc may have 6 total leves in their journal, but the menu does not display them all. The only way to access the "missing" leves is to do other leves (from any npc) and the set may rotate (this is global for all leve npcs for your character).
    I was looking for riveting run but had to go across the universe first to unlock it from the other end.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We don't really have a gathering thread:

1. Looking for advice on DoL off-hand melds.

2. Related, obviously if I'm max melded I'll be able to hit everything, but is there a certain gathering or perception number people have found helpful for a particular high end item like rosemary or HQ luci items? This is related to #1, as I'm trying to determine what to meld on off-hand.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

2. 450/450 is all you "need" for Rosemary/Virgin Basilisk Egg (the highest req and most superfluous gathering items, I'd argue caps for Platinum Ore or Ebony Log are more relevant but I digress). Currently with Supra tool, fully melded Forager's + best accessories + unmelded HQ Forager offhand I have 450/442. So I only need Lucis to be able to clear 450/450 anyways.

Offhand doesn't really need that much melding right now. I don't plan to meld it at all until expansion maybe (depending on what's added or what's needed) but I believe the caps on what you can add to it are +14 Gather, +25 Perc, +4 GP.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Outside of being completionist, why would I meld the last 4 GP to earring and neck, and the last 6 GP to wrists? I'm only missing 14 GP and those 14 GP aren't going to allow me to do anything I can't already do.

I mean I can fill them up with some GP 3/GP 1 materia, which aren't expensive, but I'm wondering why I should bother. I'm at 622. Does 636 or 636 + food allow me a combination of moves I'm not thinking of?

650 is Unearth II (HQ +30%), Solid reason (another gathering attempt), and Field mastery (gather % +5%). Anyone use that for anything?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Outside of being completionist, why would I meld the last 4 GP to earring and neck, and the last 6 GP to wrists? I'm only missing 14 GP and those 14 GP aren't going to allow me to do anything I can't already do.

I mean I can fill them up with some GP 3/GP 1 materia, which aren't expensive, but I'm wondering why I should bother. I'm at 622. Does 636 or 636 + food allow me a combination of moves I'm not thinking of?

650 is Unearth II (HQ +30%), Solid reason (another gathering attempt), and Field mastery (gather % +5%). Anyone use that for anything?
    Yeah they were using it when HQ tomatoes were really high compared to nq.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

630 allows you to go reveal node (5/6 swings), 30% HQ (330GP) 5% hit rate (280GP), 4x swing (300GP, 1/6 swings), Solid reason (0GP, 2/6 swings), swing (1/6 swings, chain 4), brunt force, HQ swing. More GP after that just allows you to still get a solid reason off in case if you miss for an extra attempt with fewer hits required.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    630 allows you to go reveal node (5/6 swings), 30% HQ (330GP) 5% hit rate (280GP), 4x swing (300GP, 1/6 swings), Solid reason (0GP, 2/6 swings), swing (1/6 swings, chain 4), brunt force, HQ swing. More GP after that just allows you to still get a solid reason off in case if you miss for an extra attempt with fewer hits required.
    That's smexy.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When you are trying to double mooch for the supra rod fish in Southern Thanalan, what is the fish order? Sand Leech > Storm Rider HQ > Mooch > ??? > Mooch > Olga-whatever for rod.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

what lol it's just HQ storm rider while Heat Wave

manta and eels bite on HQ storm rider too, but there's no double mooch involved

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ah see, I didn't know, that's why I asked.

Thanks ~

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I'm trying to get Olga-whatever for Supra. I've got 353 gathering and 283 perception including food which from what I've read should be enough. I've used 230 bait and 13 HQ storm rider. Out of those I've gotten 11 Dune Manta, 1 Magic Carpet and 1 that got away.

1. I'm assuming the one that got away is Olga-whatever?
    2. Is this normal/bad luck/something else?
    3. Do I have to be somewhere specific in zone, or anywhere on coast is okay?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You're fishing at the wrong spot if you're getting Magic Carpet.

You should be @ Sagolii Dunes and not Sagolii Desert.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5