1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Isn't it 10%? Unless you're stacking it with something else in your post.
    It is 10%; I flip-flopped the duration (20s) and %reduction while at work. It's still worthwhile.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Nvm. Doesn't do that anymore.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just a minor nitpick, bomb's "Bust" is "Burst".

As SCH I'm sometimes out of things to "do" while getting in position for bombs (or waiting for a quick cast to go off) so I'd advise setting a mark1 sign to an easy to reach hotkey, just to help for circle bombs in case someone gets completely turned around.

This is more of an applicable-to-everything thing but: set focus targets. Set a "snap to focus target" keybind. If you're a healer, either set an easy-to-reach "snap to party member 2" bind (and set tank to that party slot) or make them the focus. If you're tank or DD, set focus to Titan so you don't have to fish around with mouse/Tab/whatever pad does. This helps you watch those bomb cast bars.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Can just run as soon as landslide goes off. Works everytime on phase 3.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Can just run as soon as landslide goes off. Works everytime on phase 3.
    Are you saying to dodge landslide?
    Or something else?

I know I'm saying something stupid here or I'm missing something.

After Landslide comes the Rockbuster(cleave) and Mountain Buster(tableflipping Titan). I would hope that Titan is not facing anywhere besides where the tank is and the tank can't run backwards (will fall) or towards somewhere else (risk cleaving others) so I'm missing something when I process that statement.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I was on my phone but, the dude above me talked about dodging bombs by looking at the cast bar.

I'm saying you can just run as soon as Titan slams his fist for landslide and the bombs will have 100% exploded by then. Unless I'm misunderstanding what he's saying.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Referring to how first bomb explosion coincides with Landslide hitting in post-heart phase.

Edit: ninja'd. Though in my case I was speaking for people who aren't even getting that far in the fight and are just failing to dodge, say, first circle bombs.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I'm just dumb. Totally get it now!

I never paid attention to that landslide slam for bomb explosions to be honest. That's a good way to check if you don't want to tab over the bombs!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm hearing discussion of mass SMN groups for easy Titan kills. Assuming this means putting 4-5 Titan-Egis on Titan and just avoiding/dodging dangerous moves while he does the tanking and the DPS. Has anyone heard of this working or is it a bullshit idea?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It sounds like bullshit. Summons have huge amounts of natural damage resistance sure (and Titan-Egi has ~double regular summon HP on top of that) but I can't imagine they would survive constant cleave+table flip. For that matter can that even get through heart?

From experience I know ~2 bombs will take Eos down to near-dead, so Titan-Egi would in theory have no issue with eating a couple if Mountain Buster doesn't just annihilate him. The more I think about this, the more curious I am. It seems like it would have to be all SMN DD/"tanks" though because Titan kind of sucks at holding hate against geared DPS I believe.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Doesn't Titan take 20% damage from aoes? If Mountain Buster only did 800 damage or so I see no reason it couldn't tank it. Also around a 50% chance Landslide would be aimed away from all the SMN... pretty funny strat if it works.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any tips for maximizing BLM damage? With all the dodging and inability to set up spell spammage, I am having trouble being an adequate DPS on him...

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Doesn't Titan take 20% damage from aoes? If Mountain Buster only did 800 damage or so I see no reason it couldn't tank it. Also around a 50% chance Landslide would be aimed away from all the SMN... pretty funny strat if it works.
    is this so? I feel like it should be in the OP if true. 20% is a lot if you mean +20%

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Talking about damage Titan-Egi (or all summons) takes from AoE, not the big guy himself.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Any tips for maximizing BLM damage? With all the dodging and inability to set up spell spammage, I am having trouble being an adequate DPS on him...
    use your swiftcast wisely, dont use swiftcast as part of your regular rotation, pre-heart I always use swiftcast + either fire/ice/thunder depend on how your mp looks like after titan lands for quick set up. Post heart is just as easy, everything is scripted, you know when everything is coming, so you can time that yourself. Also, since you're moving alot, use scathe inbetween for minmax dmg.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

With 6-8 summoners there would be no shortage of Virus... or DoTs... I'd have to see a video of this because I can't put it together in my head or look at it on a piece of paper. How many non-summoners would you have/need?

I've never had Titan-Egi out for Titan and standing next to the tank to see what all of this does.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

As a summoner this is relevant to my interests. I may do some experimenting with this tonight. At the worst I'll just waste a bunch of summoner's time, and no one will pity us.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Main issue to the idea I see is you still need to do aoe healing, so unless you run 3 healers to spread threat, it's most likely the healers that will end up tanking after a few aoe heals. Don't think SMNs can keep themselves up during stomps with Physick alone. Maybe 2WHMs rotating healing during the early phase and dropping threat with shroud asap to stay under the egis as much as possible.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do multiple Viruses stack for lower dmg? I imagine with 4+ per Tulmult or so on rotation it might be managable with self heals or a SCH

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Waku View Post
    Do multiple Viruses stack for lower dmg? I imagine with 4+ per Tulmult or so on rotation it might be managable with self heals or a SCH
    They don't stack. Will just refresh duration.