1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Well I got my relic, but I know I'm gonna have to tank this asshole again.

As a tank, I keep myself positioned near the cliff for the Post-Heart phase. I can avoid barely avoid the bombs, except for the set where they form in a circle and there's one bomb in the middle. I always had to save Hallowed Ground and Sentinel for them and eat one in the face.

Is there a way to avoid that without having to move to the middle (which means my entire party is gonna get Rock Buster'd), or do I just have to take it like a man?
    Just be smart about your cool downs and eat one. If you die it's your healers fault. Done more titans than I can count and I always eat clock bombs and the 3 row bombs which spawn horizontal to the tanking position.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

My healer bitched at me for apparently confusing people by moving (lol) so I just eat them now, I can eat every one just fine as a WAR, you can definitely do it on PLD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless people know where you're gonna move, it can be dangerous moving as a tank, since someone might think they are running to a safe area but wind up running into an unexpected Rock Buster instead. It's happened to me more than once (as SCH) on a tank that was trying to dodge bombs post-heart.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I want to do this fight. I want it I want it I want it I want it!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Easiest way to handle shit bombs (line bomb that end onthe tank) is to just to designate a direction turned for the tank. In our group the group runs to the NW, the tank moves to his left. The hardest part about shit bombs is dodging the slide.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Bombs only hit for like 600-1000 if you just stack inside one and take only one bomb. I think moving honestly over complicates it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

only bomb set you should ever have to be hit by as a tank is the one that goes in a circle around the perimeter of the arena with the one bomb in the middle. lines you can stand on the edge between two and be safe which requires almost no movement at all, but the circle has them too close together to avoid them and you can't move titan to dodge them properly. eat the hit of one of them and you'll be fine as long as the healer gets you up for mountain buster right after.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You certainly can move Titan to dodge them properly. Watch how they fall and run to the last one around the edge of the arena (or through if that's faster). In some groups a healer will mark this bomb. When the first bomb explodes, shift over to where it was. There is always a way to avoid all bomb damage regardless of role.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    You certainly can move Titan to dodge them properly. Watch how they fall and run to the last one around the edge of the arena (or through if that's faster). In some groups a healer will mark this bomb. When the first bomb explodes, shift over to where it was. There is always a way to avoid all bomb damage regardless of role.
    This is what we do.

For tanks most of the time if they're in a compromising position they call out to me that they're going to sit there and eat one, and I just throw them an extra cure timed to go off as I myself am dodging.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Tanks barely need to move Titan to be safe from the ring. Stand on the ledge dead centre between two of them and you won't get hit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Tanks barely need to move Titan to be safe from the ring. Stand on the ledge dead centre between two of them and you won't get hit.
    I can't tell you how many fails I've seen from tanks trying to do this. I find it better to go with a guaranteed solution to 0 damage rather than one that might work based on your tanks ability to gauge distances and/or not fall off the arena trying (have seen this too).

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I've never fallen off while attempting it. If your tank can't tell where the land stops being the land, you're probably gonna have a bad time. You can also do the same thing on the inside of the ring but you have to be more exact with the distance because of the centre bomb.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The only part of titan that can be irksome for me, is when groups beeline straight for the bomb safe zone, and titan points landslide in a crappy position, I prefer to stand away from the safe spot until he aims landslide and than run into the safe zone.

Wish more people would do this, so many times i've seen people dodge landslides right into a bomb :/

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    The only part of titan that can be irksome for me, is when groups beeline straight for the bomb safe zone, and titan points landslide in a crappy position, I prefer to stand away from the safe spot until he aims landslide and than run into the safe zone.

Wish more people would do this, so many times i've seen people dodge landslides right into a bomb :/
    This, most people die because they're dodging landslide, waiting for the actual animation to clear before running back. By that time, they're probably dead from bombs.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Landslide is only an issue on the box formation; everyone going to the center bomb on the last row then moving laterally together solves that. As soon as the fist comes down, run to center.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I've never fallen off while attempting it. If your tank can't tell where the land stops being the land, you're probably gonna have a bad time. You can also do the same thing on the inside of the ring but you have to be more exact with the distance because of the centre bomb.
    it seems the right thing to do, but if you're not close enough to the ledge, you can actually eat two bombs I believe, happened to me

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

One of you guys in Hyperion should totally let me join in a run and let me leech or learn to tank / dps on PLD!

On another note, is this an accurate video on the tanking procedures for him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_M8rnh_Ktg

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Tanking is extremely straightforward. Prior to heart just park yourself on the edge to completely avoid bombs (use red line when he jumps to easily position). After heart is the only time you have to do much of anything. Main thing you need to do is rotate CDs to mitigate as many Mountain Busters as possible. He always does Rock Buster first so its very easy to see coming even without learning his attack pattern. Only other thing to watch for is the bombs, which you can avoid via positioning or running from the last set that drop to the first set (after the first explode). If in doubt just eat a single bomb rather than risking multiple or confusing party members. The hardest part about tanking is watching 7 other fuckers cause you to wipe repeatedly.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    The hardest part about tanking is watching 7 other fuckers cause you to wipe repeatedly.
    Yep, the same could be said of players of any other role... cept for them its more like 6 other fuckers 'cause you can hardly mess this fight up as the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Landslide is only an issue on the box formation; everyone going to the center bomb on the last row then moving laterally together solves that. As soon as the fist comes down, run to center.
    Yep, that's one way. Also if your connection is on point you can always just avoid the landslide and start moving back to center immediately. It'll 'look' like you're running into the landslide but since it 'already happened' it won't affect you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah one thing that kinda helped me get over the "mental hurdle" of landslide was realizing a few things.

the animation looks way scarier than it really is, and all you need to do is sidestep it just enough. what i always tell newer players is that you don't need to jump across the ocean to dodge it. so if you know it's coming right for you, you just dodge slightly out of the way, stay out of the blue lines, and you can walk right back into it as soon as the blue lines disappear. you can also use audio cues to do the same thing, as there's a humming sound that dissipates when it's safe to go back.

once i figured these things out, i'd just sidestep and walk right back in to give me maximum space, but also the feel that landslide's not really that bad. and this is the kind of thing that will help prevent new players from panic mode whenever you go post heart into non-stop bomb and landslide combos.