1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    They don't stack. Will just refresh duration.
    Virus won't stack from different sources?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They won't. Generally only DoTs and HoTs stack. Not counting special boss mechanics.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the only debuffs that stack are DoTs. I've never seen Virus stack, I've never seen Storm's Eye stack, Blind can't stack, Sleep can't stack, Slow can't stack, etc.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Same as Rain of Death; one BRD can start it and the second BRD's usage will just extend duration.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ah, derp. Keep forgetting Virus isn't a DoT like every other damn ACN skill/spell.

Will a Fever-enhanced Virus get overwritten by someone else's non-Fever Virus? Or will it just increase the timer?

Or derp again and the Fever effect is separate... eh it's been a while since I played ACN.

Sigh. NEVERMIND.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Fever is its own debuff icon.

Actually wondering which of Titan's AoEs are considered magical or physical. For the purposes of not-ACN Virus or BLM's Manawall/ward.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Fever is its own debuff icon.

Actually wondering which of Titan's AoEs are considered magical or physical. For the purposes of not-ACN Virus or BLM's Manawall/ward.
    Both busters are physical since I've parried them a bunch. Not sure about Tumult but would assume rest are magical.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Bombs and Tumult are the ones I'm really curious about. I would assume magical and physical respectively but that's only a guess.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I've never blocked or parried Tumult. I don't pay enough attention to bomb damage to know if I've ever blocked or parried it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've absolutely never blocked or parried Tumult either. 99.999999% inclined to believe it's magical. Haven't been hit by bombs enough to know about that

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there a way to hit titan's heart from behind? I've tried a couple times and it didn't seem to register as a back attack, unless I missed

Edit: Nevermind, I must have just been off when I tried before, because i did it just now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

as a tank is there any set of bomb you're supposed to eat in the face so other don't get hit by titan, or only move titan does when bombs go boom are single target and I just play with people that get bombed ?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Does it absolutely have to be blockable/parryable to be physical? Basically I'm asking a BLM to get hit by these things with Manawall/Manaward up. Unless those arbitrarily don't absorb certain attacks.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Two great charts btw.

Titan's moves order:

Titan moves order for healers:

Also, my favorite video explanation:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The healer rotation is wrong on the last row for the record. It's:

Mountain Buster > Tumult > Plumes > Bombs + Landslide > Mountain Buster > Plumes > Prison + Landslide > Repeat

You also shouldn't be AoE healing during plumes. Divine Seal + Medica II precasted on Tumult followed by Swiftcast Medica will top everyone off, and if not close enough that Medica II ticks should finish. If it doesn't, Medica during bombs. This is made even moreso if you have DDs popping CDs like Mantra or if you have people run in for Sacred Soil for the first couple of stomps. Trying to AoE heal during plumes would be a good way to get you or someone else killed.

Notice another mistake. You can most certainly precast heals during Earthen Fury. Use Surecast if necessary, but I've never been interrupted casting regardless. Surecast will guarantee it goes off though, because that's how I used to precast through Aerial Blast.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

General note, not specific to Titan... for people using Sacred Soil on as SCH (and for people wondering why a SCH may not use Sacred Soil in certain situations), please realize that the effect of Sacred Soil activates and deactivates in ticks. If you throw it up immediately before an ability is used, the Sacred Soil effect won't be on players when the damage hits, even though they are inside the bubble. Make sure you put your bubble up a good 2-3 seconds before whatever damage you're trying to block. Likewise on the back end, when the bubble is gone, players will still maintain the effect for another 2-3 seconds.

For example, if you're trying to block Geocrush damage, if you don't get the bubble up immediately after he jumps away, don't bother putting it up. For Tumult, if you don't put the bubble up until he starts stomping, the effect won't be active for at least the first three stomps (put it up right before or after he flips the table prior to stomping).

And yeah, as Taco said above, that healer chart is kinda wonky. I would just use the general one above that as a reference, it's good enough. It's pretty obvious that you need to AoE cure before/during/after Tumult and Geocrush, and I've never been interrupted by Earthen Fury either. Also, instant cures can be life savers with Mountain Buster later on. On SCH, I highly recommend saving at least 1 or 2 Aetherflow charges at all times so you can Lustrate immediately before or after MB.

This video make it very cleared ...
    Prefer this video guide than another.

http://youtu.be/I3S8w0yT6no

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well I got my relic, but I know I'm gonna have to tank this asshole again.

As a tank, I keep myself positioned near the cliff for the Post-Heart phase. I can avoid barely avoid the bombs, except for the set where they form in a circle and there's one bomb in the middle. I always had to save Hallowed Ground and Sentinel for them and eat one in the face.

Is there a way to avoid that without having to move to the middle (which means my entire party is gonna get Rock Buster'd), or do I just have to take it like a man?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For the circular bomb I stay on the edge and avoid them, lowest I got it so far is like 20-25%, so I'm not sure if something change below that.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I personally dislike that chart because if you follow a script then you aren't adapting as a good player should. Using it as a reference perhaps, sure.

Also, I have never been interrupted by Earthen Fury. It does not interrupt, same as tumult.