1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the other fail here attempting to greentext on a forum?

Spoiler: show
    Who are you quoting?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo View Post
    DF desperately needs a kick function. Worth a read imo, I stalked this person, and he/she/it is from Moogle server.

To set the context. We had just killed the first boss in AK. WHM died to the rectangular area of one of the Golems (Obliterate?) when boss was at 30%. We managed to kill it just barely, with the BRD dying seconds before finishing it, and me being barely alive. The tank, a WAR with Bravura +1 and Pentameld tank set made a snarky comment and obviously diva healer drama ensues:

wow what a prissy, petty little bitch. could have just owned up to making a mistake and it woulda been fine. Golem square aoe is ridiculous easy to avoid (Obliterate is the AoE with no red, should be stunned by DPS if poss)

Extra points to you if you were the person trying to get everyone to stfu and finish the run.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

People talk like XIV has the best community but I swear I see more prima donnas in this game (who coincidentally seem to be lacking in the skill department) then Rift + DF in WoW before I quit in Cata combined.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Only gaming community I can think of that rivals XIV for being the whiniest are MOBA communities, but no real point in comparing an MMO to a MOBA.

Sofo's post is pretty much the reason why I'm in favor of a votekick function. People say it will be exploited too easy have obviously never saw people pull crap like that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hell every MMO i've played with a dungeon finder had a vote kick and it wasn't the end of the world for it. I remember people even cried about the time limits on vote kicking a player in WoW and it never brought upon the apocalypse.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Sofo View Post
    DF desperately needs a kick function. Worth a read imo, I stalked this person, and he/she/it is from Moogle server.

Fuck this shit, just left after that and logged off. If someone is from Moogle and finds this person, please just murder them, I'll get you out of jail.
    I DF'd with that WHM yesterday, they were really bad and died multiple times on the run to random shit, lol. We just kept going though because idc if the healer is retarded as long as we are progressing. On a related note about "don't need healers", we had one d/c on us multiple times and continued without them, we actually made it past Demon Wall without them and luckily they came back before the final Boss.

BLM, BRD, idr if the tank was PLD or WAR. It really would be nice if they had a voke/kick thing for DF. Especially when people d/c and it never drops them.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Hell every MMO i've played with a dungeon finder had a vote kick and it wasn't the end of the world for it. I remember people even cried about the time limits on vote kicking a player in WoW and it never brought upon the apocalypse.
    Exactly. I still don't get the whole abused thing. Yes some people will be asses and votekick against you, but that also happens in every other MMO.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wonder, will someone who was vote-kicked still have the fifteen minute DF penalty of someone who left voluntarily?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Only gaming community I can think of that rivals XIV for being the whiniest are MOBA communities,
    I don't think FFXIV can ever reach LoL levels. It can reach Dota levels of whine though.

BG Level

I never played either of those. Gave SMNC a try and after the initial hype the game forever turned me away from MOBAs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

DPS is suffering.

What happened here was after titan landed for the final phase he got stuck in the middle client side for me. I could only tomahawk this since even though he's in my face to everybody else he would register in the middle of the arena to me and all of my close range attacks would be red because of range.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post

DPS is suffering.
    I'm not sure that being a DD is what the suffering you're feeling is the source of based on that pic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if you wanna do those low level dungeons the best chance is to shout while doing fates and make a party I think

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I would have stabbed kittens. Was aggravating enough queing with the wife fro one of the lowbie dungeons she needed and as two dd's taking 90 minutes to get in.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by matic View Post
    wow what a prissy, petty little bitch. could have just owned up to making a mistake and it woulda been fine. Golem square aoe is ridiculous easy to avoid (Obliterate is the AoE with no red, should be stunned by DPS if poss)

Extra points to you if you were the person trying to get everyone to stfu and finish the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Only gaming community I can think of that rivals XIV for being the whiniest are MOBA communities, but no real point in comparing an MMO to a MOBA.

Sofo's post is pretty much the reason why I'm in favor of a votekick function. People say it will be exploited too easy have obviously never saw people pull crap like that.
    Nah, that was my friend, we queued together. I'm Enki. I was extra frustrated because I generally go as SCH (my main) but my friend needed Toxotes and I was trying to cockblock as DPS so he would get all of it, in the odd chance that it dropped (he just hit 50 not many days ago). Mujaki guy (tank) seemed nice and honestly, among my friends we always poke fun if we manage to survive/kill stuff without Healer (hell, most AK's I spend all the time on Cleric's except pre-pulls). Just didn't understand that poor attitude and extreme reaction out of the blue.

I don't see how votekick would be exploited, I mean, maybe it should have a cooldown so as not to spam it, but I don't really see how people would love to just be kicking other people out of spite. Then again, I've only played FFXI and FFXIV, so I'm not entirely sure how community would respond to such mechanic.

PS: 100% sure this person in on Moogle, because I lodestalked!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don't understand why people even try Titan like this. Rest of the party was pretty gimp too, but I was bored and just wanted to see if I could help a group out.

Had something similar happen weeks ago when LS friends and I were just getting used to running AKs and decided to DF a healer. They cursed us out the whole run and complained, ending up with wiping us at last boss twice because they refused to move when they got tagged with an orb. Said we sucked and went "AFK". Unfortunately reporting them 3x just ended up with a canned SE response, and later we found out the turd was from our server too. Votekick would've been nice.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    Is the other fail here attempting to greentext on a forum?

Who are you quoting?
    Hope you never have to read an email reply. Your mind might break. lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Because quoted text is preceded by ">"s ? Wow, what a twist!

I'm not actually seriously offended by it.