1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 227 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    You should see the amount of AH HQ BRD Body Ilv70 I see with Celerity materia on.. I wonder if the persons did that for the songs or..
    Makes me cringe almost as badly as BRDs with a Striking Ring. Cause, you know, Crit Hit! Got plenty of those running around on Excalibur, gonna make a screen next time I see one.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    Makes me cringe almost as badly as BRDs with a Striking Ring. Cause, you know, Crit Hit! Got plenty of those running around on Excalibur, gonna make a screen next time I see one.
    Isn't Crit + supposed to be good for BRD? Make more sense then Celerity

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's a STR ring, so the primary stat is useless for Bards.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    It's a STR ring, so the primary stat is useless for Bards.
    Thank you, I don't recongnize the name as I don't play in english :3

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    I do that shit all the time on my BRD, just because I don't want to spend philos on it and it's hilarious running around with allagan STR accessories.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I am guilty of i90 VIT accs on my shitty SCH, though they at least help. Someone questioned why I used them (because I'm a fucking cheapskate really) during an AK run so I conveniently ran in front of a Dullahan and ate his AoE, surviving with just over 100 HP. I was pretty pleased with myself.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I am guilty of i90 VIT accs on my shitty SCH, though they at least help. Someone questioned why I used them (because I'm a fucking cheapskate really) during an AK run so I conveniently ran in front of a Dullahan and ate his AoE, surviving with just over 100 HP. I was pretty pleased with myself.
    ...well, at least that last part fits into the thread!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just did an AK run, the BRD of the PT refused to use his silence Arrow on the summoner mobs to interupt the summoning process, his reason behind it? "Its gimp, it last only for 1 sec" ..... Convo in FR again, otherwise i'd post it.. fucking French ppl >.>; I'm glad I went to live in the UK.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Um, last I checked those guys have to be stunned, silence doesn't work.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Um, last I checked those guys have to be stunned, silence doesn't work.
    His argument was with a MNK, they were both arguing on who must stun, I ended up doing it with my 30sec CD stun. Have never tryed AK on BRD & I have no clue about MNK stun so. >.>;

I'm mad at the BRD also because he would do silly other things, but anyway. Both ended up insulting each other & leaving.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah silence doesn't work, has to be a stun. MNK has 2 stuns and a silence but no reason not to do it yourself.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

No reason for the tank not to stun the summoner mob. Stun>Move on to other mobs because it'll be dead before it finishes a second summon.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

My alt is coil ready (turns 1 and 2 at least). I get my first myth piece, valor body, on monday. However, since my FC's alt BC group doesn't start till next week I decided I'd try to get some tanking experience in even if it was with pugs. None of them had ever done BC before. So they ask if anyone has experience, I speak up. Someone randomly drops so they get a new person. Apparently new person is on Turn 2, and everyone else is on Turn 1. I try my best to explain that if they try to go in with him they will be unable, and they will instead need to do turn 2 and be locked out from turn 1 the moment they enter.

The response I got was "Not an issue we'll just back track later." "No, that's what I'm saying - you can't backtrack." "I doubt they'd design it that way." Then he entered us. Long story short, these dudes wiped to monitoring nodes and I was the ONLY one landing silences as a PLD. We couldn't even get to ADS. When they broke 30 minutes later all I saw was "Wtf why can't we go back and do turn 1??" in shout after they broke/reformed and I had left.

You try to help but I guess some people don't want it, lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    "No, that's what I'm saying - you can't backtrack." "I doubt they'd design it that way."
    Am I a bad person for feeling a mix of pity and amusement at this?

I mean, shit don't ask for experience and then not believe the person who says they have it (also on a minor note fuck the turn 2 guy for not speaking up if he didn't).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

See that's what I thought too... It gave me hope that they would listen, haha. And no, he didn't. If he had said "Going in" I would have dropped to avoid the lock out. He just went right on in so I couldn't do anything about preventing my lock out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Why would a PLD provoke AFTER Halone... WHY!?!?!?!??! /cry

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I swear the only people who do DF now are completely clueless and/or beyond help.

Did a Coperbell on my CNJ (since fuck leves) and I thought I had a good party. Tank knew how to flash, LNC/THM knew to attack the tank's target, and the THM even slept. However, things went to hell fast during the 2nd boss.

THM kept killing blast caps and continued to after I said they had to detonate on boss. So after about the 3rd kill he moves away and stops acting so I can finally spawn the blast caps to damage boss. First one kills the LNC and they return before I can even target for raise, so I say fuck it and continue to spawn the blast caps until the boss split enough to damage it. Except the THM did jack shit. Instead of waiting he went AFK without warning so it's just me and the tank DPSing down the slimes. Once the LNC gets back we go in as a trio and get to the boss, which we wipe at twice because the LNC didn't LB. Instead on both occasions it was the tank that LBed. After the 2nd wipe the tank leaves the duty when the announcement about maintenance starting soon.

I thought you actually had to try on purpose to wipe in Copperbell...

/endrant

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I swear the only people who do DF now are completely clueless and/or beyond help.

Did a Coperbell on my CNJ (since fuck leves) and I thought I had a good party. Tank knew how to flash, LNC/THM knew to attack the tank's target, and the THM even slept. However, things went to hell fast during the 2nd boss.

THM kept killing blast caps and continued to after I said they had to detonate on boss. So after about the 3rd kill he moves away and stops acting so I can finally spawn the blast caps to damage boss. First one kills the LNC and they return before I can even target for raise, so I say fuck it and continue to spawn the blast caps until the boss split enough to damage it. Except the THM did jack shit. Instead of waiting he went AFK without warning so it's just me and the tank DPSing down the slimes. Once the LNC gets back we go in as a trio and get to the boss, which we wipe at twice because the LNC didn't LB. Instead on both occasions it was the tank that LBed. After the 2nd wipe the tank leaves the duty when the announcement about maintenance starting soon.

I thought you actually had to try on purpose to wipe in Copperbell...

/endrant

Oh man I am so sorry for you, but your story is hilarous still.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Nevermind

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I haven't done low level dungeons all that much, but I think, at least for WP, average DF groups are getting better. When I first started doing WP, there was like a 50% chance that the group would wipe on Bavarois because nobody would take out spawns and/or run when focused on. Now I can't remember the last time I had a DF group fail on him. AK DF groups, on the other hand, still have rough times on the wall.