1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 227 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Why is Bow +1 a bad augment? O_o I can see why its more logical to take some pieces of ToM Afs tho.
    It basically yields the least dps increase per mytho than any other upgrades considering the relevance of DEX and the fact that the base damage increase is only of 1 point, which is half of what the +1 weapons usually add up.

So, if someone wants to maximize their dps during the way to a "fully best in slot set", +1 should probably be the last mytho piece a brd should get, doing otherwise is a sign of poor upgrade choices dps wise (hey, one could consider the glow a legit reason to upgrade perhaps).

Considering that nobody could possibly have gathered enough tomes for such ideal set even if they were legacy and benefited from the 2 mytho resets, a brd that currently has +1 is most likely a brd that didn't know better when they made that investment.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Thank you for all these explanations both of you

Edit: I'm pretty sure lots of ppl do that because of the other ppl who wont take anyone in their PT if they don't have a relic +1. Players tend to forget that for every action made in game, there is a result, alike RL.

Now everyone expect to have every other players with a minimum of full DL, so you see lots & lots of ppl with Darklight full set & "DL weapons.."

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Sigh. I see way too many of these.

wait did you transfer?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

+1 is fine if you want the glow. I got my body over waist/ring because I wanted something to match my pants. But to get the +1 bow, and buy darklight hands when you still have toxotes head, body, waist, ears. That's just ignorance.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    wait did you transfer?
    How could I transfer Rata? Mina is legacy.

BG Level

Um do another legacy server?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

Most likely using it to spritbond.

Why would you use useful materia instead of something like elemental junk for that?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

especially considering culinarian is one of the few (only?) DoH who make hundreds of consumable items requisite to bond the ilvl55 shit

i mean you're likely to make a profit on the food and the materia setting up quick synth + afk

I can't speak for all servers but most NQ food is made at a loss once you factor in crystal cost.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I spy someone is on sargatanas.

Also, someone shouting to pay a tank to do speedrun WP in mor dhona.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is a tiny bit of a fail given the circumstance but ... I wasn't angry or annoyed, just bemused over the situation.

So I was FATEing as WHM in Dragonhead. Down the south where a bunch of Gigas spawn for a FATE, I applied regen to myself and spammed Stone 2 (level 43), only looking briefly at my screen again to reapply regen and pick a new target to resume spamming.
    During this time, I was watching an episode of Big Bang Theory.
    FATE ends and I collect my gold, look on map and proceed to the next FATE.
    A few mins elapses, possibly 10...
    I finished the 2nd FATE I headed towards to after the Gigas one mentioned above.
    I get a tell asking why I didn't help cure/raise him.
    I thought "whatt??" but then decided to just be a gentleman about it and I asked him where he was so I can raise him
    He explained to me how he died, in the gigas FATE, and how he attacked an Ice Elemental by accident and was running about in front of me all that time hoping for help
    I asked if that was a good 10 odd mins ago and not just now, he said yeh (as I had thought he die in the current FATE I was in)
    He then proceeded to tell me that he was telling his FC about it and was generally amused by my "behaviour"
    I apologised and then admitted I wasn't looking at the screen and that FATEing is boring, and I hope he understands
    He does. But he still wanted me to Raise him (still dead at the Gigas FATE) because he didn't want to walk back from wherever his homepoint was.
    There were no FATEs up anyway, so I head back down to throw him a raise.
    He thanks me (at least)

tl;dr - guy dies in FATE, I wasn't paying attention. I mount up and go do another FATE. 10 mins later he /tells me asking why I didn't cure/raise him -- during these 10 mins he was busy telling his FC about my behavior while I went to do another FATE

He could've ... you know, swapped his priorities around and asked me for a Raise first, then tell his FC lol.

I was minorly inconvenienced but also terribly disappointed at how could someone not bring up something until later, unless he was moping about asking me directly for a /tell with his FC along with "having a laugh" about the way I played.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I can't speak for all servers but most NQ food is made at a loss once you factor in crystal cost.
    I 100% hq in 13 steps with a macro(s).

Why would you use useful materia instead of something like elemental junk for that?
    On my server that materia he's using is the same price as elemental resist materia.

I declare your posts random fail.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

The fail here was he didn't set his homepoint to Dragonhead while FATE grinding.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I spy someone is on sargatanas.

Also, someone shouting to pay a tank to do speedrun WP in mor dhona.
    Oh hey there fellow Sargie! I saw that dude too I was like wtf?

That reminds me if you get a group with Vegan Muffin, run far far away before the duty finder rings.. He has this tendency to quit the run after the first pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I 100% hq in 13 steps with a macro(s).
    Great, I do it in 10.

The profit to be made is still pitiful, the sheer amount you need to sell in order to make a decent profit for most items is massive and that's assuming someone doesn't decide to undercut the item to hell.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Matic Valefor
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The fail here was he didn't set his homepoint to Dragonhead while FATE grinding.
    i thought the fail was watching the big bang theory

BG Level

Can be both?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

He also sat around for 10 minutes doing nothing instead of returning and teleporting back for the extravagant sum of 300g or whatever