1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 227 FirstFirst ... 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

600ish from what I was told , and yes, failing mechanics, and stuff he wasn't failing he was leaving boss way early for etc.

edit: and honestly, even after seeing that we approached him nicely at first, asked what was up and if he knew he was doing that badly and were ready to give him a chance to do better before that wall of text saying it was fine because we could carry him

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Sounds like he wants to join a casual raid group, or buy carries. While he makes some fair points about concentrating on mechanics during progression, but he shouldn't be failing mechanics when doing that and he shouldn't be doing that low DPS.

It just sounds like he needs a lot more practice to learn his rotation and learn to do mechanics.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Sounds like he wants to join a casual raid group, or buy carries. While he makes some fair points about concentrating on mechanics during progression, but he shouldn't be failing mechanics when doing that and he shouldn't be doing that low DPS.

It just sounds like he needs a lot more practice to learn his rotation and learn to do mechanics.
    A raid group being "casual" isn't about people being clueless at their job and looking for other people to carry the dps. If anything, a casual raid group is about the time put in, and to a lesser extent making up for less than perfect dps with ilvls. Within a tier though no amount of maxing out ilvl will make someone like him competent. We are a casual group; we raid less in a week than some do in a day, but performing like he did and then defending it based on expecting others to carry you is terrible. If you had 8 people with his attitude in one group they'd never clear anything with even the most lenient enrage. And at least asking to buy carries would be more honest than him.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post

It sounds like the approach I take when learning new fights - first concentrate on passing mechanics, and while smoothing out your movements you can improve your dps. As a main BLM you kinda hafta do it that way, but the same principle applies to other jobs. Seems like he either wasn't fast enough getting to the second part, or wasn't working hard enough.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Don't ignore the part where he specifically says it's ok for him not to work hard enough because other people can do that for him...

edit: and no amount of "I'm getting used to mechanics" excuses 1 geirskogul every 2 hours (if you're not familiar with drg it should ideally be 3 per minute, even 1 per minute would be terrible but acceptable for a casual group learning a fight)

and a botd uptime of 25% means at best he's using the buff every 2 minutes when it's a 1-minute cooldown...and while not using geirskogul at all would also mean he's also not using any of his 4th combo hits to prolong it.

So don't believe him when he says he's "using derpy's rotation", he very clearly isn't. So it's not a matter of just "guy doesn't do mechanics or optimize dps well", it's "doesn't understand his basic combos while repeatedly saying he uses the optimal rotation"...but all of this after blaming things on needing to use a controller.

And then topping it off with "but it's ok, you guys can do the dps cause I'm a chill guy."

2nd edit: oh, also forgot, we had also parsed a bismark ex to see if he'd be any different on that and he wasn't.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    A raid group being "casual" isn't about people being clueless at their job and looking for other people to carry the dps. If anything, a casual raid group is about the time put in, and to a lesser extent making up for less than perfect dps with ilvls. Within a tier though no amount of maxing out ilvl will make someone like him competent. We are a casual group; we raid less in a week than some do in a day, but performing like he did and then defending it based on expecting others to carry you is terrible. If you had 8 people with his attitude in one group they'd never clear anything with even the most lenient enrage. And at least asking to buy carries would be more honest than him.
    You're right, I shouldn't have said casual. I should have said beginner/low ability.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just met this mofo in expert:

Ofc the most obvious question here is HOW THE FUCK!?
    Well, the answer is simple:

This is a completely new lvl of shitter. I've literally never seen anyone this bad before.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Because dotted indicators around boxes for combo actions is too hard, please nerf se.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I guess he just liked shinning boots.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lmao what.

Was SMN, MNK, AST, PLD. Myself, Ehe MNK, Berg PLD, Pig AST.

They left quickly before I could comment.

edit; http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/14104467/

turns out they are on hyperion, must have a bad taste left in their mouth. Sorry for the carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    lmao what.

Was SMN, MNK, AST, PLD. Myself, Ehe MNK, Berg PLD, Pig AST.

They left quickly before I could comment.

edit; http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/14104467/

turns out they are on hyperion, must have a bad taste left in their mouth. Sorry for the carry.
    Dont hate nigglet, Hyperion nothin but superstars.

Gratz on the carry tho.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Saw this on imgur just now, this has gotta be inspired by mr happy

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'd love to think so too lol. Funny enough I'd sooner watch a guide by Dashie than I would mrhappy >.>

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Yesterday while leveling up a SCH I’ve met a DRG in the level 57 dungeon (The Vault), who was botting so obviously (as it looks like to me) that I’ve decided to post a video about it.

Pay attention to:
    – how he is following the tank and the enemy. This is especially noticeable during the boss fight when he’s chasing the boss during the orbs phase: 5:59; 6:54;
    – stays on the enemy after the health bar disappears;
    – never attempts to dodge a single AoE;
    – uses the same rotation for single/multiple targets, never tries to get good positionals on the enemy and has the “appropriate” DPS results (see ACT numbers on the video).

He was kicked from the party after the first boss, with us not being a premade party and without talking about it.

The character name is “Soul Tubbs” (from Odin), and here is the permanent link to his Lodestone profile: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/6219020/

P.S.: I probably should have reported him to SE, but since I haven’t done it immediately I’m not going to do it now that some time has passed. I don’t think that they would take serious measures against him anyways.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw you adlo in clerics and bane on a mob that has 0 dots before it hit a minute, does that count?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I like Mr. Happy

Missteq (spelling) is way better though. That voice, so soothing.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hafa Nana View Post
    Pay attention to:
    – how he is following the tank and the enemy. This is especially noticeable during the boss fight when he’s chasing the boss during the orbs phase: 5:59; 6:54;
    – stays on the enemy after the health bar disappears;
    – never attempts to dodge a single AoE;
    – uses the same rotation for single/multiple targets, never tries to get good positionals on the enemy and has the “appropriate” DPS results (see ACT numbers on the video).
    Now we just need a bot that'll recognize when you're in an aoe, and switch to aoe'ing trash, and you'll be lucky to get them.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Finished a squad mission, get this warning:

(turns out it was crafting scrips)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had my first encounter with a "I'm the tank, I dictate the pace of the pulls" today. Running fucking snowcloak on 50 roulette to level my 53 Bard, everyone overgeared and synced down. The tank starts off by pulling the first 3 mobs and proceeds to take em out slowly, the healer and I both physically moving ourselves along assuming a big ass pull as usual. Nope, killed 3 first, then the next 2 and then we went into the first little room with the set of 3 dogs, another 3 dogs and the polar bar.

The tank pulled the first 3 dogs. I shot an arrow at the other 3 dogs and we easily mowed them down. This is what proceeded to happen.

My "it's your $12" was followed by a quiet moment. We went out to the 3 trolls in the next area. The tank got the first one and stopped before claiming the 2nd and popping the 3rd. And that's where the "regen" comment to the healer came. Tank also proceeded to sit on the ground while the healer and I kept moving on and cleared out the next group of mobs (the ice elementals) just the two of us. At my "Jesus", vote kick happened and the tank got booted. The other DPS must have been it's friend as they bailed too. I think Ryan (the healer) was half considering just duoing the dungeon but we decided to call it a night.