1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Good lord, you have a ton of identical-looking macros. All blocked together like that, I have no idea how you keep them all straight.
    just the hq rotation, hit the first, if it says 4 5 6 etc just count to the right one. plus i can't figure out how to get the big numbers to appear else i'd change the icon x:

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    ahhh God's wrath

lol.

Usually the game I play with BLMs when I go SMN to Titan Ex is can I DPS more than you without my Garuda? Gods Wrath has played and lost.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    just the hq rotation, hit the first, if it says 4 5 6 etc just count to the right one. plus i can't figure out how to get the big numbers to appear else i'd change the icon x:
    In your macro menu, click on the macro, then there should be an icon next to the name, probably a blank one, click it and select what you want it to appear as. I think big numbers are at the end.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Probably the same way people who play with hidden hotbars do.
    He still needs to have keybindings displayed on the buttons. I'm certain he couldn't handle a hidden bar.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Had a fun vigil run yesterday...

First pull; tank pulls, I toss dots up on main target and bane like I always do. The other two mobs come almost immediately to gang bang me. Same thing happened during the second pull and this ensued after I told the healer if he was going to sleep, he should do it after I use bane.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    I told the healer if he was going to sleep, he should do it after I use bane.
    Just a heads up, you/he don't have to wait. Bane doesn't wake the extra targets.

I had a tank exactly like that in Stone Vigil about a month ago. Bane every pull, pulled hate. I stopped doing that and instead just made Eos pop WD and kite stuff along the whole dungeon with her. Usually I just do this until the tank wises up and starts trying. Never happened.

To humor him I did one pull without that. I pulled hate in 3 heals and he blamed me for dying.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    He still needs to have keybindings displayed on the buttons. I'm certain he couldn't handle a hidden bar.
    Did I unintentionally make someone mad?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Did I unintentionally make someone mad?
    Did you lot a BiS over him?

Jokes aside, I didn't actually know you can hide those, but is there a strong reason to other than OCD?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by gaogaostegosaurus View Post
    Did you lot a BiS over him?

Jokes aside, I didn't actually know you can hide those, but is there a strong reason to other than OCD?
    Nah not even the same server unless he transferred and hasn't updated his BG profile. Unfortunately I need to see what buffs I have up when I play my jobs. Can't countdown in my head of when something is ready or not. Suppose I could make echo's for everything to tell me when it's up but that's more effort than needed.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I decide to run a CT on BRD instead of my instant-queue WAR. We get to the bomb boss, right after it dies 3 tanks (naturally) call towers for KB. 3 minutes pass... not a sinlge tanks calls for MT on KB, so I ask who is going to MT? Nobody responds. Some stupid fuck even makes the comment "whoever is last standing", so I pull on my BRD, I last about 15 secs since I held it at the spot where the MT usually would stand. After I die finally a tank shows up to MT, so about 5 minutes (or w/e, was after second meteor) later in the fight, shit was going fine until we suddenly wipe. Naturally it is the BRD's fault for pulling. So about half the ally continues to bitch at me for the rest of CT because no fuckin tank spoke up when asked...

I should have come WAR...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    I decide to run a CT on BRD instead of my instant-queue WAR. We get to the bomb boss, right after it dies 3 tanks (naturally) call towers for KB. 3 minutes pass... not a sinlge tanks calls for MT on KB, so I ask who is going to MT? Nobody responds. Some stupid fuck even makes the comment "whoever is last standing", so I pull on my BRD, I last about 15 secs since I held it at the spot where the MT usually would stand. After I die finally a tank shows up to MT, so about 5 minutes (or w/e, was after second meteor) later in the fight, shit was going fine until we suddenly wipe. Naturally it is the BRD's fault for pulling. So about half the ally continues to bitch at me for the rest of CT because no fuckin tank spoke up when asked...

I will be honest with you, I naturaly hates BRDs and have instant animosity toward them because everytime I had bad encounters with someone in the game it was a fucking stupid BRD who couldn't behave for 30 secs, pissing off the whole team.

However I have seen the situation you describe too often, and funnily enough if you had been going in as WAR you probably would have met some other tank trying to shine over you because Tank E-peen, y'know.

Its alway like that for me, I go as WAR and I have to argue with other tanks because I generaly say "I MT" first, but whenever I go as BLM or MNK its like nobody want to.. lol

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    However I have seen the situation you describe too often, and funnily enough if you had been going in as WAR you probably would have met some other tank trying to shine over you because Tank E-peen, y'know.

Its alway like that for me, I go as WAR and I have to argue with other tanks because I generaly say "I MT" first, but whenever I go as BLM or MNK its like nobody want to.. lol
    Fucking this, in every CT I do. Every. Single. One.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I will be honest with you, I naturaly hates BRDs and have instant animosity toward them because everytime I had bad encounters with someone in the game it was a fucking stupid BRD who couldn't behave for 30 secs, pissing off the whole team.
    I haven't seen BRDs do this much actually. It's pretty much all over the place for me. Seen a tank get booted yesterday because he was be annoying at Bone Dragon. I am really surprised pissing people off doesn't happen more often in (my) CT runs, every boss has a mechanic to abuse.

In a CT run before the one I desribed above, I actually had a tank in my party who apoligized to me for pulling hate on the Vagossos (w/e at bomb boss) from me, because he forgot he had Shield Oath on, to which I replied: I don't care as long as one of us is actually doing the tanking, it's fine. I don't see tanks argue who will MT often either, sometimes I see it on KB, like above, where nobody will. I am a pretty laid back tank, if nobody calls MT, I do it, if somebody already ran ahead on w/e boss, have fun. The only thing I usually call is Giants (and nobody objected to that so far), because I see way too many tanks fuck that shit up.

But ya, as soon as I went DPS, suddenly nobody wants to tank.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I haven't seen BRDs do this much actually. It's pretty much all over the place for me. Seen a tank get booted yesterday because he was be annoying at Bone Dragon. I am really surprised pissing people off doesn't happen more often in (my) CT runs, every boss has a mechanic to abuse.
    I was talking in general, from WP to CT or HM primals/Castrum, everytime I see someone mess with hate and be an ass bout it its a BRD, the other day I did a DR main story and a BRD with Allagan bow was trashing down the AF1 PLDs for not keeping hate from him... I mean the guy was prolly BiS lol.

I don't see tanks argue who will MT often either, sometimes I see it on KB, like above, where nobody will. The only thing I usually call is Giants (and nobody objected to that so far), because I see way too many tanks fuck that shit up.

But ya, as soon as I went DPS, suddenly nobody wants to tank.
    Once I was in a CT, and no one wanted to either MT or OT, so our tanks decided to do both and our healer couldn't keep it up, so they asked help & they got trashed down badly resulting in us wiping.

Then everyone called on us being bad at the game & gave us the "L2P" fest, we noticed a PLD with Allagan blade sitting in a corner from these parties we were like "Oh shit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Fucking this, in every CT I do. Every. Single. One.
    I mean its true isn't it? @ Bone dragon you see a provoke-fuck fest betwin each tanks stealing mobs from each others because they have to be the one taking the skellies to the last square platform, resulting often in killing 2 Skellies next to each others >.>;

Then come thanathos, where we all fight on the same platform and take turn, funnily enough all these tanks magicaly forgot what is provoke and they let you keep tanking it several minutes after your "ghost" status wear off.

Do I need to talk about KB? no I dont.. lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I usually sick titan-egi on it to make someone step up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was talking in general
    Me too, I haven't seen much of those bards. Messing with hate? Sure. Even do that myself sometimes on BRD (usually not on purpose), but BRDs being an ass about it after it happened? Nope, can't say I remember one of those.

I think I only had it once where the MT and OT were in the same PT and we won on KB. Most healers I see just seem too scared to even try it, so it usually goes "ok other PT needs to have the OT then". Just from eyeballing seems to me the average MT/OT duo take more of a beating on Garuda EX than at KB, yet you never hear a healer bitch there.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Me too, I haven't seen much of those bards. Messing with hate? Sure. Even do that myself sometimes on BRD (usually not on purpose), but BRDs being an ass about it after it happened? Nope, can't say I remember one of those.

I think I only had it once where the MT and OT were in the same PT and we won on KB. Most healers I see just seem too scared to even try it, so it usually goes "ok other PT needs to have the OT then". Just from eyeballing seems to me the average MT/OT duo take more of a beating on Garuda EX than at KB, yet you never hear a healer bitch there.
    Or healers that says, that you need at least 4-5 healers on KB tank at all time.

Shits hard man

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

So, the most recent project I had been working on was to get BRD to 50 on my alt before 2.2. With the news about relics I decided I should probably get the Artemis Bow just to have it when the patch drops in case I want to upgrade it further since we don't really have details at the moment. My brd has absolute shit gear, as my plan was just to get it a relic and then retire it until I can spam myth farm to get it to i90 and possibly spend new tomes on it. I decided to DF Chim, Hydra, and the primals.

In ifrit, we see this guy. Decent gear right? Nothing wrong here. I was actually glad to see him, I figured he'd help carry us so I made sure to give Foe Req whenever I could and even battle voice it.

Spoiler: show

Here's my shitty BRD. I'm awful, and I know it. My only saving grace is the Elfin Bow and the aiming ring. I figured this BLM would smoke my ass.

Spoiler: show

This is a DF group with lots of first timers, so we wipe twice and the kill was a miraculous everyone is starting to wipe kind of kill. Then I look at the damage and shake my head. (I'm the BRD Elizabeth Bathory if that was not clear).

How the fuck? I don't fucking even right now, especially with Foe Req and BV.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Leina Dee
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You took more damage friend he beat you in the take less damage department.

Did a CT and there's some guy in my party on Thaumaturge who starts talking only in translate quotes. From the start I know this guy's going to do something to fuck with everyone but no one wants to kick him after I bring it up. Get to dragon boss and on final phase he starts provoking the damn thing over and over. After that we just had to sit around waiting to kick him since he wouldn't pass on loot.

Obviously trolling, but fail on my party for not realizing what was going to happen.