1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 227 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So I've been working on gathering up rocks/logs for the new mining/botany tools the past few days, and holy fucking fuck at the staggering number of people who pop toil each and every time they come back to a node. You'd think after 20+ trips they'd realize that the items are always in the same slots and that they're just wasting 300 GP for no reason.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

300GP for toil is a easy way of getting an extra hit than the lvl25 abil, if you for some reason don't want to use 500 on Yield-2.

Given the items need to be HQ, could be a way of getting chain4 to use the auto-hq ability?

Toil > Gather+15,hq+10 > 5 hits > auto-hq > last hit?

That said, haven't been mining forever, this might not be relevant depending on gear.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Well, I should have mentioned that it's very GP based. For those with 600+ it doesn't matter if their toil + unearth II, or use a swing to reveal + solid reason to get it back. For those below 600 though, they instantly screw themselves out of a 30% HQ boost as soon as they use toil. There's a lot of people with the base amount of gathering materia + food to barely get the job done, and there's no way they're breaking 600+.

I generally use the first swing to reveal the item, Solid Reason/Ageless Words to get my swing back, Unearth/Leaf Turn II for +30% HQ rate and hope that I don't miss (89%). If I get the chain, it's a free HQ at the end. If not, I generally always walk away with at least 1 HQ anyways and usually 1-2 more if I get lucky.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Had alot of bad/dumb players but today was bottom of the line

Doing Levi ex, and there's a monk who gets hit by EVERY spinning dive, ok w/e no buggy I guess, just heal him and all

After Levi 2h we fight normal and Levi does his "jumps" monks get hit but having do dodge so can't heal yet, mnk gets hit again and drops in the water ( he was close to the edge)

He complains and ask that we switch people ( hoping that leader kicks him) but no he kicked me and the whm, saying that if we filled the mnk hp we wouldn't have dropped into the water when he got hit.

People .....

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

For anyone on Sargatanas probably a good idea to not respond to any crafting requests by Deadly Waltz. I had a short chat with him a little while ago and decided he was an idiot, happened to be close enough to see him conducting more bullshit in /say:

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...44d606a210.jpg

A bit later the crafter told me he eventually did get paid, even a bit more than expected, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to put up with that kind of bullshit.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Amice was in all shit tier gear with 4.7k HP as PLD... All three of the rest of us had 4.2k and up. They didn't use combos or anything to hold hate, lost it on every mob, for all 2-3? pulls they lasted before I bitched them out.

My previous Lost City had a BLM whose rotation was something like;
    Blizzard>Blizzard>Blizzard>Transpose> Fire>Fire>Fire>Transpose>Repeat

PLD pulled a big ass pull with like 6 mobs and they switched to their elite AoE rotation of... Freeze>Freeze>Freeze>Freeze>Repeat......

Not sure which was worse, considering the BLM actually had fucking Allagan Body/Hands. Turn 2 Enrage making terribads think they are good..
    (luckily the BLM had a buddy join as WAR and our "lousy party" cruised on.)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    For those below 600 though, they instantly screw themselves out of a 30% HQ boost as soon as they use toil. There's a lot of people with the base amount of gathering materia + food to barely get the job done, and there's no way they're breaking 600+.
    Expected value is the same no matter which rotation you use provided you can only use 1 300GP ability.

If you use toil + unearth I + 15% gather rate, expected value is 5*10% + 1 = 1.5.
    If you use Unearth II + 15% gather rate, expected value is 5*30% = 1.5.

This works for any percentage of HQ rate.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Is the +1 because you can use the 100% HQ rate ability if you use toil? (I haven't even started this yet)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Correct.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Lost City DF earlier. Explained to the new BLM the mechanics of the first boss (If I get eaten, bail me out). I got eaten, he continued DPS'ing. Dead. How is this game that fucking hard?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I get that kind of shit all the time in Lost City. I've had several runs where I will explain to the party about how the doors work and I will take care of all the doors yet people still feel the need to fuck with Markings causing us wipes. Lost City seems to be there all the fucking brain dead idiots seem to go.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It's a fun dungeon but like Siren it is just complete ass with people who don't listen or aren't aware.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Had a most unfortunate wipe on the trash right after the first boss in Brayflox HM. We come back and the mobs we had pulled are all inside of the cage, fighting the caged Goblin. None of them can be targeted and the caged Goblin doesn't deal an awful lot of damage, but can't die either. Guess we'll reset.

Spoiler: show

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Can no on beat Ultima anymore? I beat him once a week ago and any group I PF or DF can never seem to beat him. I've probably fought him a good 80 times in the last month and they all end in massive failure

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Got CM in Story Roulette last night. We have a pretty decently geared everything and draw aggro on the way to the first boss. I drag the pull to the purple line and wait before someone pulls the boss, locking out one of the healers and a bard. We proceed to wipe on the first boss, the SCH inside freaks out blaming no one for giving him ballad while he has 3 aetherflow stacks, the other tank for letting his pet die (since I was dead before the 15s lockout occurred despite blowing Hallowed for 8 of it) and me specifically for talking shit.

I hadn't said a word beyond hello at this point.

He rage quits, one of the other DPS quits right after and we end up 6-manning CM, two of the bards having 2700hp and getting the achievement for exploration.

The joys of DF.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

page 56 post all I saw is this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

T4 "farm" group up on PF. Failed to get past phase two in four tries. Last wipe ending with dragging the P3 dread to the center of the room because WHM's weren't sure how to feed bugs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dot my mobs, bane, and proceed to ruin. Get aggro and tank says to fight same mob, but I was. All 3 at the same time from tic's :c
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...18861adfcc.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Doing Titan HM with my wife for her relic, and we wipe a few times. Nobody got tossed off, but heals were pretty poor and people were standing in stupid. No problem, a few stacks of echo should outweigh the dumb right? After a few wipes my wife notices that the WHM (Ko'kin) has no echo buff and decides to say something:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

You a shity person remember then