1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 227 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Diomer View Post
    There was no BLM and they planned on melee LBing the 2nd casting Sahagin apparently. One of the members exited duty after the first wipe and that led me to inquire why they would opt to use that inefficient strategy... dude was quite offended by that apparently:
    We use Caster LB3 on 2nd Dread Sahagin+Head/Tail, nothing inefficient about using it then. Prolly don't need Melee LB3 for it but spumes are easy as hell and getting rid of the 2% risk that Dread gets hysteria or a pool off is smarter, as those nearly always create a wipe. Sounds like people in that party sucked anyways though.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    We use Caster LB3 on 2nd Dread Sahagin+Head/Tail, nothing inefficient about using it then. Prolly don't need Melee LB3 for it but spumes are easy as hell and getting rid of the 2% risk that Dread gets hysteria or a pool off is smarter, as those nearly always create a wipe. Sounds like people in that party sucked anyways though.
    I actually find it odd people lb the splumes, but that is basically the way it is always done on Sarg. It seems in the past people always want to follow Mr. Happy's strat, and his is to lb the second dread, which ya makes more sense to me, but no one does that here. If you can kill the first set of splumes, you can kill the second set.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    If you can kill the first set of splumes, you can kill the second set.
    The same logic applies in reverse; if you can kill the first Dread add w/o LB, you can kill the second. Personally, I'd rather use the method that gets some extra damage on Levi, but a win is a win either way it's done.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The same logic applies in reverse; if you can kill the first Dread add w/o LB, you can kill the second. Personally, I'd rather use the method that gets some extra damage on Levi, but a win is a win either way it's done.
    If you are using Caster LB3, you are doing the same damage to Levi either way.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Meteor on both parts of Levi in theory (and in practice? *shrug*) does more than Melee LB3. 5400 x2 potency vs 9000. If it wasn't known.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    It's definitely inefficient to use a melee LB3 to kill that 2nd Dread Sahagin instantly; Casting LB3 makes much more sense if you'd prefer to use your LB on that Sahagin instead of Spumes as it will damage Leviathan at the same time, which is what I was saying. However, I guess Mr. Happy's video explains where that strategy originates from, although I'd bet that they have moved away from that strategy now since he was probably in one of the very early clear groups. I've seen pugs fail in pretty much every way possible at this point, but I'm 100% sure that their group would've enraged Leviathan if they had used melee LB3 instead of casting LB3 on the 2nd Dread Sahagin given that the 4th DD was dead virtually the entire fight.

In the end, for a solid group or with your FC, it's pretty much irrelevant how you use LB or if you even use LB at all with how easy it is to pass the DPS checks, but these are pugs we're talking about so I guess it's just about finding the method that you think your particular pugs have less of a chance to fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Meteor on both parts of Levi in theory (and in practice? *shrug*) does more than Melee LB3. 5400 x2 potency vs 9000. If it wasn't known.
    Doesn't caster LB damage decrease with # of targets?

Justin Bieber
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justin Bieber
    FFXIV Server
    Masamune

Always seems to deals the same of damage that few times Hygieas run off and got out of range from LB.

Home stretch in Levi EX, 1 BLM down with 3 other DPS alive (MNK/BLM/SMN) make it past Tidal Wave and, super add arrives. We get it to about 10-15% before hysteria starts coming out and naturally everyone dies.

I say that in that scenario the healers could've helped

Spoiler: show

Keep in mind I was the only 91 DPS. I dunno about you guys, but when I heal Levi in PUGs, I make sure the one thing that almost always wipes a group dies.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

"let everyone die during tidal waves"

Yes. Because if you don't fucking kill it everyone dies anyways. Same thing for the last 2-3 rounds of double roar before enrage Tidal Wave. I tell people don't bother healing after the 2nd one because we're dead either way. They just get pissy and offended.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Spoilers: Fluid Aura and Holmgang can both interrupt the cast even after it goes stun immune.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Spoilers: Fluid Aura and Holmgang can both interrupt the cast even after it goes stun immune.
    Not to mention Shockwave from the SMN.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Warning: Old man yells at cloud.

Back in my day, when running turn 1 in darklight and shit, you learned it properly. None of this is required now due to overgearing, but it still irks me sometimes. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

1) Tanking near the entrance vs. tanking near the rear of the arena - One of the slime spawns is tough to get to since it can pop on two pads near the rear, forcing the person that pops to run all the way across the arena. Annoying. Tanking near the rear removes this scenario from ever happening.

2) OT feeding vs. brd feeding before split - one takes more damage than the other, just why? I get the "So OT is ready for split" argument, but if you're watching your dps and splitting when you're supposed to, this isn't an issue.

3) Holding dps until after 2nd feed vs. lolburnthismotherdown - snakes split around 69%. Splitting with 1 stack is not ideal and can cause headaches/wipes. Pepperidge farm remembers when we had to slow or hold our dps so we could force the split with 0 stacks.

I get it, shit's auto-pilot now, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zeille View Post
    Warning: Old man yells at cloud.

Back in my day, when running turn 1 in darklight and shit, you learned it properly. None of this is required now due to overgearing, but it still irks me sometimes. Not gonna lose sleep over it.

1) Tanking near the entrance vs. tanking near the rear of the arena - One of the slime spawns is tough to get to since it can pop on two pads near the rear, forcing the person that pops to run all the way across the arena. Annoying. Tanking near the rear removes this scenario from ever happening.

2) OT feeding vs. brd feeding before split - one takes more damage than the other, just why? I get the "So OT is ready for split" argument, but if you're watching your dps and splitting when you're supposed to, this isn't an issue.

3) Holding dps until after 2nd feed vs. lolburnthismotherdown - snakes split around 69%. Splitting with 1 stack is not ideal and can cause headaches/wipes. Pepperidge farm remembers when we had to slow or hold our dps so we could force the split with 0 stacks.

I get it, shit's auto-pilot now, but it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    Grab some PUGs and teach them non-enrage T2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So during an attempt on a practice run some people died and warped back. All but one person was still stuck in the instance. I don't know if this person was conflagged or what, but rather than reset the instance, Twin decided to come for people on the elevator. Well we broke the instance, might as well try for the kill. So we went to work.

The first 50% was straight tank and spank. She didn't bother doing fireballs or conflags or even Death Sentence. She just flapped there and pummeled. We thought we might have this. But then when it came time for divebombs Twin's AI script went absolutely apeshit. She was warping all over the place spamming the "action stunned" sound.

Sadly it came to an end when the person inside the instance died marathoning the snakes around. Too bad. I would have loved to see how this worked with Twisters or Aetheric Profusion. Or even better, force an emergency maintenance!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

prepare for ban

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My own amazing fail. Luckily this shit doesn't matter, but seriously it made me rofl

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I see that more & more now a day:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2r4rb5s.png

Also, this one from a few days ago:

http://i60.tinypic.com/10fanvp.jpg

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    I see that more & more now a day:
    I see your DF and raise you...

http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachm...2&d=1397263727

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm ok with shit talkin, but this had me curious of his i100 pld.
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...3f237b5fa5.jpg
    Went and made a new character to say hi and have him prove me wrong.
    http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...3f237b5fb7.jpg

Never replied, entered duty and is being a little bitch about it gosh oh gosh I wanted to see how mad skillz he had that sprinting on ifrit and wasting TP was awesome.

Oh and 2 wars in party, don't need stun if people know the fight which we didn't wipe and killed nails just fine.