1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

never met a man named trevor who wasn't retarded

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

does GTA V's count as retarded? i think he's just cray cray

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Saikou View Post
    It's pretty sad that people have that type of attitude as in gear checking but, then don't have a clue of what they're even talking or asking about. I'm close to 50 but, I hope I don't run into much of this while I'm doing dungeons.

TLDR: I just finished the fight against Ultima arma last monday, decided to go on with Ifrit Brutal at least to try & get its axe, my gears are mostly AF1 with DL belt & bracelet. The rest is Maelstrom.

So I joined that PUG and I had to afk for 1 min, when I came back I saw the PT log & I was like O_o. Basicaly I got trashed down for wearing my AF1 & not having a relic, I decided to not take shit from these random ppl and I left the party, to get more insulted by one of its members. The guy was like "I have 4 relic, going for 5 what about you? Oh & you started the game before me so i'm younger & more advanced" Like it does matter?
    They came out of the fight maybe 7 mins later & that same douchebag claimed that they won, but in fact they did not even go to the fight because another person left them when they saw his mess.

So after what he said I decided to check his Lodestone profile & discover that he's a liar about his own gameplay, as he played during 1.0.

See the degree of retardation below:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2weyweh.png

I joined another group after that, got Ifrit dead on the 1st match no one took a slap but me only, no one died either. Did not drop my axe but got a Codex which is fair enough as SCH is my next Lv50

Edit 2: There is a need of a thread that list the kind of ppl like him per server. Because usualy they trash you down for no reason and their gameplay is really really terrific in most cases.

I have been encountering alot of players like him on Ragnarok, they generaly have no clue about how the current enmity work.

They will start the fight against a boss pulling out the big combos when the tanks did not even have the time to reach the minimum Level of enmity to be able to keep up, run around with the monster (generaly toward mages) get the mages to die & then will bitch about the tank and leave the PT.

Gotta have full DL/Coil gear and relic+1 to do Ifrit Hardmode bro, don't you know? Also need all that gear for doing CM runs now too apparently. Shit reminding me of WoW where people wanted you to have a Heroic LK kill to be able to do ICC10man.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Gotta have full DL/Coil gear and relic+1 to do Ifrit Hardmode bro, don't you know? Also need all that gear for doing CM runs now too apparently. Shit reminding me of WoW where people wanted you to have a Heroic LK kill to be able to do ICC10man.
    Thats funny you mention WoW because most of theses players come from WoW & most of the time they end up like idiots wondering why what they do in WoW doesn't work in FFXIV lol.. thats just terrible, the best remedy I found for that was to make at least 7 friends to do things with, but obviously it cover 50% of the problem as they are not alway available in game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn man you have some bad luck I never met anyone that big of a prick yet doing Ifrit.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I had somebody tell me I needed DL gear for Hydra.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Damn man you have some bad luck I never met anyone that big of a prick yet doing Ifrit.

Well I really wish you to keep having that luck then, as you are on Rag too you can easily avoid the player as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've found myself completely turned off from playing this past week because of what FHT is talking about. Almost without fail every group I get into, whether it be just to help or bored wanting to queue for DF, someone or multiple have really shitty fucking attitude that just ruins the game for me. I usually ask in DF primal fights if anyone is new so I can give them a quick run down, and the amount of drops/shitty comments I've seen just from someone being honest so they don't ruin the fight for everyone is disgusting.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reminds me of WoTLK where you needed 5k gear score to be able to do Flame Leviathan.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

And 5k GS was the equivalent of ICC 10 man gear if i remember right, but yeah i'm kinda like in that boat aswell cba having to deal with shitty people which is why i've still to finish the MSQ, last 2 dungeons and i know that they'd be a bitchfest since i'd be new to em so i'm just sticking to gathering/crafting for now.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I know it's been said a million times in a million threads, but try to find a good FC/LS with like-minded people that will do the events together. I'm lucky that a good number of people from my XI LS moved over to XIV and we all get along well and try to help each other. I hope you guys can find at least some semblance of intelligent people.

I imagine by the time I get to Relic a good amount of people will already be through a few of the fights. I hope I do not run into too much of this. Especially for the last 2 MSQ dungeons becuase they are just that, MSQ dungeons.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That's pretty much the only way to tolerate the 50 content. Sure you can find some good people through DF, but most of the time it's always some elitist prick or idiot that doesn't know what they're doing.

Also not much of a fail, but I had a friend tell me the story is amazing. Not sure if we're playing the same game or if he didn't get to the barrage of filler/useless crap between each interesting bit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Part of the problem is this game has two things that constitute actual content: Amdapor Keep and the Coil. Primals are rendered void by the fact that relic weapons were made so lopsidedly easy to get that you end up running Amdapor for Mythology and the Coil is the only real content left. You can't even include Titan as content since if you can beat him you render everything he drops useless due to the fact that you can built multiple relics in a day.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Today I had some luck, did 2 Party for Garuda HL, 1st one I got trashed down again for not having an Ifrit Axe & for not being full DL, from a bitch playing BLM, second party was full of very nice ppl & I got Garuda's axe =D , I got some hope back up there lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I hope you angled some carefully timed slipstreams to help that BLM go the way of the dodo.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I hope you angled some carefully timed slipstreams to help that BLM go the way of the dodo.
    She said "I see way too many ppl wearing that shit" talking about my AF1, I answered "Well maybe you should quit the game then because it was implented by SE" her answer: "Big words for someone who doesn't even have a relic."

I have a relic & you don't! Is what come back on the table all the time.. Like its hard to get one

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I agree people shouldn't be doing Garuda in AF1. You're doing ilvl70 content in mostly ilvl45 gear. Start lower, work your way up. WP ilvl55 AK ilvl60.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Already Banned
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Garuda and Ifrit are 1.0 content, Titan is 2.0 content and a gear / dps check during the Heart phase. Ifrit and Garuda are more of an endurance fight and not too hard if you are decent at your class and if you're not shit. I do agree you should have an Ifrit weapon for Garuda if you are a DPS, but you don't need to have (full)DL.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Funny thing i went 1/1 on both Garuda and Ifrit in mostly AF with a HQ Picatrix of Casting.

Since I've gotten better gear (NOT WEAPON!) I've actually had worse luck with it... I seem to be paired with far more idiots