+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

FINAL FANTASY IV THE AFTER YEARS (3D graphics port for iOS and Android)

http://www.4gamer.net/games/233/G023382/20130919016/
    Coming out for iOS this year both in japan and in the west. 2014 for Android port.

Up next FFVI!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i was hoping V came first.

also, hope they will release together... on Vita or something.

this makes me somewhat happy.. as it means they've finally consolidated that weird 2D/3D position that FF4 was in especially in the "Complete" Collection. i wonder if Interlude will get a 3D make as well..

also wondering if all the episodes will be released in a bundle

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So... they release Curtain Call on 3DS but not this one? They're even using the same models and stuff, release it as digital only if you're that worried about retail. Or make a bundle for Vita with FF4+AY.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

November

Ceodore and Cecil are retuning in 3D with Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The sequel to Final Fantasy IV has been remade with 3D graphics for iOS and Android. Square Enix announced they will release the Final Fantasy IV: The After Years remake in the end of November.

"Yes, it’s based upon the Final Fantasy IV remake we’ve done in the past, on the DS, though it’s a refined version of that original engine," producer Takashi Tokita said to Siliconera. "Also, we reused environments and polygonal models, though there are new characters and locations as well." As a prelude, Final Fantasy IV for iOS is 50% off, which brings the game to down to $7.99 in the U.S.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/29...roid-november/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/18...-20-years-ago/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

NOW OUT.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id683029090?mt=8

Launch Trailer

45 Minutes of gameplay.

First time playing this game so excited!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i was just thinking when it'd release.
    last announcement said end Nov

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

just need VI now

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

im hoping they bundle FF4 and TAY into a 3D complete collection, for the Vita or something.
    (and while they're at it, add voices to the cutscenes)

while TAY is a lesser member of the FF main series family.. for a completely new 3D remake, its gotten like zero coverage whatsoever. i wonder if its just because its TAY, or because its an iOS release.. which so far as I've noticed.. have always been relatively quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    just need VI now
    If they're gonna go 3D i hope V and VI... but personally i'd prefer vita. i hate rpgs on iOS for some reason.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I hope they do release it as a collection; one of the games I actually got for my 3DS (since I'm also trying to catch up on some of the best of the DS, since I skipped the DS all together) was FF4.

Would love to play The After Years on there or another system. ^^ I'd need to get a new Ipod Touch to play the iOS version though, mine is too old and I can't install anything else. (that's on the list to fix, but it's not a super huge high priorty). I don't mind games on iOS if they are done well, sadly a lot are NOT done well. (Bad controls, etc) And..if it's something like this, I don't LIKE RPGs on my kindle fire b/c it's usually pretty awkward to control b/c of the size of the tablet.

I wouldn't mind rebuying FF4 to get this remake of the After Years not on iOS or on the Kindle Fire (which is my only android system atm) in a collection for say, 3DS. Vita would give me a problem since we don't have one, but I'll deal either way. ^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Am I in the minority when I say "I really dislike the polygon engine and would rather have sprites"? And is TAY the same from the PSP or is there more, as far as story goes?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    im hoping they bundle FF4 and TAY into a 3D complete collection, for the Vita or something.
    (and while they're at it, add voices to the cutscenes)

while TAY is a lesser member of the FF main series family.. for a completely new 3D remake, its gotten like zero coverage whatsoever. i wonder if its just because its TAY, or because its an iOS release.. which so far as I've noticed.. have always been relatively quiet.

If they're gonna go 3D i hope V and VI... but personally i'd prefer vita. i hate rpgs on iOS for some reason.
    VI is getting the Dimension/FFV sprites iirc

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well, fuck.

Should I DL this, or stick to my compilation on PSP? I like the stuff that the PSP release adds for IV, but I didn't start on TAY.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it really depends if you like 2D or 3D then.
    the PSP version is the best 2D version of TAY out there with its "HD" sprites, auto-battle and lost babil.
    iOS is the only 3D version available. We don't know if they took anything out or added anything extra at this point. What we do know it has atm is a new minimap and achievement board. no voice acting in the cutscenes.. which is a pity. and well, touch-screen controls..

I seriously hope for a PSP Vita release of this and FF4 simply because i prefer actual buttons when i play RPGs and I don't feel like im covering the screen.

VI is getting the Dimension/FFV sprites iirc
    i think i'll wait a couple of years then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    I hope they do release it as a collection; one of the games I actually got for my 3DS (since I'm also trying to catch up on some of the best of the DS, since I skipped the DS all together) was FF4.

Would love to play The After Years on there or another system. ^^ I'd need to get a new Ipod Touch to play the iOS version though, mine is too old and I can't install anything else. (that's on the list to fix, but it's not a super huge high priorty). I don't mind games on iOS if they are done well, sadly a lot are NOT done well. (Bad controls, etc) And..if it's something like this, I don't LIKE RPGs on my kindle fire b/c it's usually pretty awkward to control b/c of the size of the tablet.

I wouldn't mind rebuying FF4 to get this remake of the After Years not on iOS or on the Kindle Fire (which is my only android system atm) in a collection for say, 3DS. Vita would give me a problem since we don't have one, but I'll deal either way. ^^
    The After Years is out on PSP/Vita as a physical UMD/digital download if you own a PSP. It's part of the FFIV Complete Collection which includes the original FFIV (with redone sprites like FF and FFII PSP), a new episode set between the two and TAY. This remake is only out on phones atm.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No PSP either but I might look into that..once i deal with a bunch of other stuff that is higher priority atm ^^.

BG Level

So um did they remove the extra dungeon?

Levelled polom to 40 for his dungeon and nothing ....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So um did they remove the extra dungeon?

Levelled polom to 40 for his dungeon and nothing ....
    It's possible but I don't see why they would remove them. Look again or try another tale?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's possible but I don't see why they would remove them. Look again or try another tale?
    Did some google, and yeah they removed it

Square Enix remade Final Fantasy IV: The After Years in the style of the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV, but not all of the game is included.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is an episodic game and each chapter has challenge dungeons that you usually have to grind a lot through to complete. For whatever reason, Square Enix removed the challenge dungeons from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for iOS and Android. You can still get the items from those dungeons in a different way, but there is content missing in The After Years.

One thing they added though is if you have Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years you’ll start the game with bonus small tails.

Read more stories about Android & Final Fantasy IV: The After Years & iPhone on Siliconera.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/09...e5bqjIpXeW7.99

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well they were boring and pointless anyway. Without them the game is extremely short though... unless something else has been added at the end.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The fuck, what was the point of removing those?