+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham (...coming to FOX)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Gotham (...coming to FOX)

“Gotham,” a new drama based on the DC Comics world of Batman, has received a series commitment from Fox, as first reported by Deadline.

Bruno Heller, creator of “The Mentalist” and co-creator of “Rome,” is set to write and executive produce. The series will depict the early stories of both Commissioner James Gordon and Gotham City’s villains, though Deadline notes that Batman will not be a part of the series. “Gotham” will focus on Gordon as a detective in the Gotham City Police Department, before the character met Batman.

The news is notable both for the series commitment — which Variety calls “not quite an on-air order but a hefty down payment” — and the fact that the series is at Fox rather than The CW, which airs “Arrow” and has “The Flash” in development as a possible spinoff. The CW is 50 percent owned by DC parent company Time Warner. Deadline called “Gotham” one of the “two hottest drama projects this season,” along with CBS sci-fi series “Extant.”

One of DC’s oldest and most recognizable characters, James Gordon was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane, and first appeared in 1939′s “Detective Comics” #27; also the first appearance of Batman. Gordon has been depicted multiple times in previous live-action projects, most recently by Gary Oldman in Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight” trilogy.
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...coming-to-fox/

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'd like to have hope for this, but given how much I hate FOX and no Batman... it's looking pretty grim.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, the season finale will probably have the outline of batman just to get people to watch season 2. Could actually be interesting if Batman were just some mysterious guy who shows up at random.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'd like to have hope for this, but given how much I hate FOX and no Batman... it's looking pretty grim.
    Ever heard of Gotham Central?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

And yet another DC cashgrab copycat of a Marvel property (SHIELD).

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    Ever heard of Gotham Central?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Nope.
    Pretty good DC comic that's pretty much this. No Batman (he's there but he's never "on-screen"), just the cops who deal with the fallout of the supervillainy. Pretty noirish, almost to the point of grimdark if I remember right.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Obev View Post
    Pretty good DC comic that's pretty much this. No Batman (he's there but he's never "on-screen"), just the cops who deal with the fallout of the supervillainy. Pretty noirish, almost to the point of grimdark if I remember right.
    ^This.

The whole time I was reading Gotham Central, I couldn't help but imagine it becoming a live action drama at some point.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

<redacted>

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Sooo it's going to be a police drama that takes place in Gotham then? If it's that early, none of Batman's rouges will really be present/created yet, so not sure why they're even calling it Gotham. Oh wait, I know why -- Batman!!!!!!!!!

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Sooo it's going to be a police drama that takes place in Gotham then? If it's that early, none of Batman's rouges will really be present/created yet, so not sure why they're even calling it Gotham. Oh wait, I know why -- Batman!!!!!!!!!
    Jim Gordon is the main character. Young Bruce Wayne. Gotham City. GEE I DONT KNOW WHY EITHER

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

GOD. FUCKING. DAMNIT.
    http://www.avclub.com/article/foxs-g...lains-a-106904
    When news first broke of Fox’s Gotham, the natural comparison seemed to be Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (or, going further back, Birds Of Prey) for its promise to concentrate on the Batman-adjacent stories of a young Jim Gordon and the city he’s tasked with protecting, at least until Batman stops being a little kid. But according to new details from Fox president Kevin Reilly, the more fitting analogue would seem to be Smallville.

“We will arc a young Bruce Wayne from a child [around 12 years old] until he puts on a cape [in the series finale],” Reilly said at today’s TCA presentation, clarifying that Gotham—which already has a series commitment under Mentalist producer Bruno Heller and Tomorrow People director Danny Cannon—is “not some adjunct companion series,” but rather an origin series for the entire Batman franchise. It’s just an origin series that happens to take place adjunct to the timeline in which Batman is Batman and necessarily focusing on people who aren’t Batman, such as his companions.

Naturally, that also means including classic Batman villains—including the Penguin, the Riddler, and Catwoman, all of whom Reilly says viewers can expect to “see how they become what they are,” while also seeing how Bruce Wayne goes through puberty, before he ever even thinks about doing anything about those villains. Reilly didn’t clarify whether this means the Riddler et al. would also be preteens; to get the whole story, one would probably need to go back and see what Kevin Reilly was like as a kid.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So it will be the cartoon that never was instead of the rise of a good cop in a very corrupt department...damn.

maybe we get league of assassins plots like in arrow

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

all of my nopes

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    all of my nopes
    Yeah I was kinda on board before they just decided to make it about Batman.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Gordon's been cast:
    http://io9.com/ben-mckenzie-will-pla...got-1519082200

Fox's Batman prequel TV series Gotham has officially chosen its lead actor. Ben McKenzie, best known for his roles in Southland and The O.C., has been cast as young James Gordon – before he was Gotham City's Police Commissioner, and before he met Batman.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

LOL, yea nope

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

gary oldman gordon is best gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Kind of amusing, Ben McKenzie did the voice for batman in Year One.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast