1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Item Level 90 Gear Comparison

I started putting a table together for myself to compare the different IL90 gear without having to look at 20+ individual items, and I thought it might be helpful to post them here for others since quite a bit of thought needs to go into AF2 prioritization with the 300 per week mythology limit.
    Images spoilered because they break the page:

Edit: Stopped updating tables below and moved stuff into Google Docs, follow link below (tables below are outdated as of patch 2.1):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hp1NDgtVFl2Y2c

CNJ/SCH/WHM
    Spoiler: show

THM/ACN/BLM/SMN

GLA/MRD/PLD/WAR

PGL/MNK

LNC/DRG

ARC/BRD

As far as a discussion on this thread goes, while primary stats are pretty clearly what you want to max for each slot (except in some maybe extreme crafted item materia melding cases which probably fall out of the scope of this discussion), seeing as all IL90 gear for the same job(s) have the same primary stats, picking Allagan over AF2/Hero's or vice versa is all about the secondary stats.

What kind of secondary stat priority order do people find preferable for the different jobs? I'm not only thinking about obvious bonuses like critical hit rate and determination effects on damage, cures, etc., but also about less obvious bonuses, like how a critical hit on Adloquium doubles the amount of HP the shield it grants will absorb.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    CNJ/SCH/WHM

but also about less obvious bonuses, like how a critical hit on Adloquium doubles the amount of HP the shield it grants will absorb.
    This is what I'm most curious about, but it doesn't seem any good testing has been done. Unfortunately I'm not in any position to do good testing myself, but looking at the stats for these two sets it seems we can get a nice buff to crit as a SCH without sacrificing too much Determination.

Argute head (I'm a fuckin' Scholar!), Body, Legs, & Feet. Allagan Hands & Book. Hero's accessories across the board. With this you gain 170 Crit in exchange for 44 Determination. I think this is a more than fair trade off without testing. I remember a link to someone's testing page was posted showing a correlation of amount of crit gained to a %crit rate, but I was unable to find it. This was a damage dealing perspective, though. It may change for healing.

I figure Argute Feet only because the extra Spell Speed is unlikely to do anything if you are stacking Crit instead of Spell Speed. 5 PIE would give you only slightly more MP, maybe enough for most of a Physick? That's likely more than the Spell Speed would bring to the table.

EDIT: Found the crit testing: http://valk.dancing-mad.com/?page_id...amageMechanics

Can anyone give a base crit value so that we could determine a %crit chance? Maybe someone that has Omnilex/+1, but naked everything else.

Looking at this profile of a SCH with Omnilex, they only have an additional +27 Crit from DL legs with a base of 368, this is 341 without any crit. Total crit rate with this amount of crit is 5.1453%. Crit rate with Omnilex & gear listed above with 341 as a base crit rate would be 14.3622%. That is approximately a 279% crit increase, but is 14% crit enough to trigger when you need it on Aldoquium?

(341+133)*.0693 - 18.486 = 14.3622%
    133 = All gear above minus the Allagan Tome for SCH.

Also, please correct anywhere I am wrong as I'm doing this between other stuff at work. I was hoping the increase would actually be greater than that, or at least the base higher.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's sad that BRD AF2 / Hero's is better than most of its Allagan counterparts. AFK grinding AK for the next four months. Ideal non-quint melded gear is as follows:

Weapon +1 / Allagan are largely interchangeable
    Bard's Hat
    Bard's Shirt
    Bard's Hands
    Bard's Tights by a good margin
    Allagan Feet
    Hero's Belt easily
    Allagan Neck
    Hero's Earrings by it's close
    Allagan Bracelets
    Hero's Ring by a big margin (this is the first thing I plan to buy now that +1 Weapon is done; Tights next)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well you can wear two rings don't forget. On the bright side you can plan out buys easier, unlike Allagan where you can't predict wtf is gonna drop.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Well you can wear two rings don't forget. On the bright side you can plan out buys easier, unlike Allagan where you can't predict wtf is gonna drop.
    It just sucks if you go for the Bard's Shirt and the Allagan Body drops shortly thereafter, it would have been more efficient in hindsight to do another AF2 first and use the Allagan in the meanwhile. Not much you can do about it other than go for the BiS AF2/Hero's gear first and hope for the best.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

In that case just use myth to upgrade the next slot in the priority and ride the Allagan piece out for awhile. Seems the most logical approach to me. Hoping for drops to go your way in a RNG environment is an unhappy line of thought

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    In that case just use myth to upgrade the next slot in the priority and ride the Allagan piece out for awhile. Seems the most logical approach to me. Hoping for drops to go your way in a RNG environment is an unhappy line of thought
    I think he means if you've purchased the Bard's Shirt and then the Allagan body drops right after. It's a waste of Tomestones that you can never see coming. That's the nature of the beast, though.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey slycer,

Thanks man ^^

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I figure Argute Feet only because the extra Spell Speed is unlikely to do anything if you are stacking Crit instead of Spell Speed. 5 PIE would give you only slightly more MP, maybe enough for most of a Physick? That's likely more than the Spell Speed would bring to the table.
    Also of small consideration is that more PIE = slightly better Aetherflow MP (but not Energy Drain; that doesn't seem to change with changes in your max MP). So even if it's not enough to push you into a full Physick right now, it'll add up over time. I guess.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I know that PIE = better Aetherflow
    But I would go (for SCH)

Head AF2 (already has it)
    Body AF2
    Hands Allagan
    Legs AF2 or alagan (first one to come)
    Feet AF2
    Weapon Af2 for now (allagan if i can one day)
    Belt Hero
    Neck Hero
    Earring Hero
    Bracelet Hero
    Ring Both

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What are you using in body slot if you choose head first for AF2? Something better than Strategos?

Argute Head + Strategos Body is:
    VIT+34
    MND+34
    PIE+26
    DET+15
    Spell Speed+17

Darklight Cowl is:
    VIT+32
    MND+33
    PIE+19
    DET+29

From a cure potency perspective, I actually think you're downgrading from Darklight Cowl if you go with head first and put Strategos back in your body slot. The difference is pretty negligible either way, certainly not reflective of the full upgrade you should be getting. Body first makes more sense to me, but I wouldn't go with either of them at the top of the list because you really need both to fully appreciate the improvement, and that's like 1200+ tomes. The same goes for most of the other sets where head/body or legs/feet are combined as one Darklight piece (assuming you're upgrading from Darklight).

For the most "bang for your buck" on first upgrade, I'm like 99% sure Relic +1 weapon is what you should go with. I went with Relic+1 first and my spell potency increased nominally by about 5-6% compared to Relic NQ. It's worth considering that the Allagan weapon is probably more attractive for the critical hit rate, but it will probably be some time before you get the Allagan weapon anyway.

BG Level

I'm using ATM the Imperial Dalmatica HQ quinted Melded atm

Since i'm getting Omnilex +1 monday I still have 3 weeks without Argute, so i might get Vanya Robe +1 to pass the time

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I guess it depends on whether you're on legacy server or not and whether or not gil is an issue as well (relative lack of crafters on non-legacy servers makes the HQ IL70 craft stuff much more expensive and much less available). I know at the price I'd have to pay on a non-legacy server, it would be nuts to buy either of those bodies to just serve as a stopgap for a few weeks while I save for something better.

BG Level

The only problem with vanya Robe is the fact that If i go to coil (before i get argute body) I won't be able to resell it

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Craftable items would be so much more attractive without the bind on spiritbind nonsense.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I think he means if you've purchased the Bard's Shirt and then the Allagan body drops right after. It's a waste of Tomestones that you can never see coming. That's the nature of the beast, though.
    That's MMOs in a nutshell, though. Run a garudas and get axe 1/22 times, then help a friend on ifrit and get axe 1/39. What would help is a goddamn token system, where you can use them to funnel into different supplementary items regardless of what does or doesn't drop from Coil. Tomestones really don't count as a token system, what with the way SE has the endgame structured.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

As a WHM, I could see the benefits of having both a Spell Speed and a Determination set. If a fight requires a lot of non-potency spells, such as Esuna or Stoneskin, or if it's extremely movement-intensive, then Spell Speed starts to look pretty attractive. On gear-check fights that are mostly standing still tank-n-spank fights, however, I could see Quality trumping Quantity. So basically Gear-Check vs Brain-Check (as I've come to call fights that revolve around mechanics and decision making).

The return of Shit-Is-Situational.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    As a WHM, I could see the benefits of having both a Spell Speed and a Determination set. If a fight requires a lot of non-potency spells, such as Esuna or Stoneskin, or if it's extremely movement-intensive, then Spell Speed starts to look pretty attractive. On gear-check fights that are mostly standing still tank-n-spank fights, however, I could see Quality trumping Quantity. So basically Gear-Check vs Brain-Check (as I've come to call fights that revolve around mechanics and decision making).

I'm currently looking at this now, because after +1ing my Thryus I'm looking at where my Mythology is going next for WHM. I'm stuck between these three sets of not knowing wtf is better.

Set 1:
    527Magic Defense
    299Defense
    221Mind
    163Piety
    158Vitality
    77Critical Hit Rate
    76Spell Speed
    57Determination

Set 2:
    527Magic Dfense
    299Defense
    221Mind
    158Vitality
    150Piety
    117Determination
    58Critical Hit Rate
    26Spell Speed

Set 3:
    527Magic Defense
    299Defense
    221Mind
    158Vitality
    150Piety
    100Determination
    82Critical Hit Rate
    26Spell Speed

Set 2 and 3 are identical except for changing Cleric pants (Set 2) to Allagan (Set 3). Set 1 uses Cleric Head/Body with Allagan legs. I feel like you're right and it's a shit is situational, but I'm still not sure where I'm falling into what I'd use most.

I know you started off by saying that you didn't want to include melded gear, but I feel like it's important, especially if you keep the discussion to reasonable melds (IE: III and under for us non-legacy). Full Hero Accessories for my SCH give 20 MND, 20 Crit and 40 PIE more than Rose Gold, which gives +60 Det/Spell Speed (with some extra lvl 5 melds for PIE/Vit if you so choose). HQ Vanya has 9 less MND than Argute's, but 18 more Det and up to 3 Crit/23 Spell Speed more depending on how you want to meld it.

If you could get full AF2/Allagan easily, than the pure MND might be better. But when you're talking about mandatory 2-3 week waits per item, you should really also be considering what item you can get with a day or two of CM grinding so that your tokens can be funneled into gear that you would have a tougher time replacing with ilvl 70 melded gear.

Although maybe this is just me being lazy and enjoying the fact that I can split my Rose Gold gear between my SCH and SMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    You know, I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed that lots of the Coil healing is recovering from tanks getting chunked and ending up with overheals. I'm sure it's even more the case with my WHM brothers. I also notice that, even though my Spell Speed is only slightly higher than the WHM I coil with (whose gear is ever so slightly behind mine), my heals seem to be hitting noticeably faster. Anecdotal, sure. But I feel like Spell Speed and, for SCH, crit is really important, especially since standard Coil groups are going to keep the MP flowing, especially if you have a SMN running DPS. I'd always prefer faster, burstier heals with a lower median to slower, higher median heals, especially with engagements that work like endgame Coil where MP management isn't such a super concern.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    For the most "bang for your buck" on first upgrade, I'm like 99% sure Relic +1 weapon is what you should go with. I went with Relic+1 first and my spell potency increased nominally by about 5-6% compared to Relic NQ. It's worth considering that the Allagan weapon is probably more attractive for the critical hit rate, but it will probably be some time before you get the Allagan weapon anyway.
    Would you say this is true for MNK as well despite being able to buy Melee Crown/Gaiters for only 50 more tomes than +1ing Spharai?