1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: LIGHTNING RETURNS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

LIGHTNING RETURNS

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

wait so its lightning armor for females AND weapons?
    is that snow armor for males?
    those enemies were all models from XIII, color me impressed with this cross promotion, it looks pretty awesome

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Hopefully vanity slots come with this.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

any added content thats has something to do with another game is sooooo dooopppeee

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by funshines View Post
    any added content thats has something to do with another game is sooooo dooopppeee
    I dunno, I'd happy raid Mako Reactor #1, example:

MPs as trash mob
    A moderate size sweeper as first boss
    Some more robots as trash
    A BEHEMOTH BOSS (courtesy of Crisis Core)
    Some more mixed trash
    omfg GUARD MECHA TURBO SCORPION as last boss
    Get the fuck out the zone in 10 mins
    Optional secret boss SOLDIER1stCLASS not sephiroth (gotta defeat it within the same 10 mins too)

Sounds pretty good to me, and exciting/frantic. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Optional secret boss SOLDIER1stCLASS not sephiroth.
    ??????!
    Anyone who says they don't want Sephiroth in the game is lying to themselves!

Gimme Seph and Kefka. GIMME FUCKING CHAOS.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd be fine with cross-game stuff if they work it into the plot well, like some sort of temporal/dimensional dungeon with bosses from other games (I sort of assumed Crystal Tower would be like this). But I'm not sure if I want to see a bunch of Lightning, Snow, and possibly others running around in the open world.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!! Kefka final boss mode with Dancing Mad on blast let's do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

A shame this type of shit will be fates with 5,000 people spamming 1 button. Remember how cool the Behe fight looked right before release? Doing it in game is terrible. I STILL WANT THE GEAR

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I know it would be completely unfair to males but I want to be a Snowcoat MNK.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dunno, I'd happy raid Mako Reactor #1, example:

MPs as trash mob
    A moderate size sweeper as first boss
    Some more robots as trash
    A BEHEMOTH BOSS (courtesy of Crisis Core)
    Some more mixed trash
    omfg GUARD MECHA TURBO SCORPION as last boss
    Get the fuck out the zone in 10 mins
    Optional secret boss SOLDIER1stCLASS not sephiroth (gotta defeat it within the same 10 mins too)

Sounds pretty good to me, and exciting/frantic. I'm a sucker for stuff like this.
    Nah raid ShinRa headquarters where the first 10 mins of the dungeon running up the stairs and an NPC Barret bitching the whole time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm wondering how the procedure of these FATEs will be, considering the screencaps shows they're happening in Southern Thanalan, Corethas, and Mor Dhona.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    A shame this type of shit will be fates with 5,000 people spamming 1 button. Remember how cool the Behe fight looked right before release? Doing it in game is terrible. I STILL WANT THE GEAR
    Can't be excited for this due to how crowded FATEs are in game. Odin and Behemoth are terrible and a complete waste of time until they fix them. Losing target 90% of the time + unable to actually even play my job properly due to none of my procs even being useable makes them quite annoying. Oh, and then ending up with Bronze or Silver anyways after being there the whole time and doing everything I possibly can. Really hope they are working on fixing that before actually introducing these.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Can't be excited for this due to how crowded FATEs are in game. Odin and Behemoth are terrible and a complete waste of time until they fix them. Losing target 90% of the time + unable to actually even play my job properly due to none of my procs even being useable makes them quite annoying. Oh, and then ending up with Bronze or Silver anyways after being there the whole time and doing everything I possibly can. Really hope they are working on fixing that before actually introducing these.
    Already posted that they were implementing a solution for Behemoth and Odin, which will hopefully be extended to everything.

It was also said somewhere that there would be a quest (chain) involving Lightning. Does anyone have a link to the source of that?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

They should all be instanced fights. Fates are a horrible thing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Terrible.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    Already posted that they were implementing a solution for Behemoth and Odin, which will hopefully be extended to everything.

It was also said somewhere that there would be a quest (chain) involving Lightning. Does anyone have a link to the source of that?
    They mentioned since before beta that they would keep an eye on FATEs and would be prepared to subdivide participants into separate instances of the FATEs depending on population if it becomes necessary... so I imagine they might be finally going through with it because, good lord, it is necessary.

Regarding the quest-line, you can see in the video that there's a cutscene or two involving her, so I think it's a given.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The FATE fixes are specific to Behe/Odin, and don't appear to be anything fancy.
    FFXIV: ARR has been designed with a system to display the appropriate number of characters while maintaining non-laggy conditions even when there are a large amount of players centralized in a location. However, even though this system is working, for these two FATE there is an issue where Odin and Behemoth are not being displayed. In order to resolve this issue, we'll be putting in a separate system specifically for these two FATE, and addressing it so the enemies are displayed properly even during times of congestion.

...and like mioko said, I think it's pretty clear that this XIII crossover will be a line of quests, not a FATE. Hopefully that means it won't be a limited-time thing either.

Also, in case anyone missed it during the 2nd benchmark fiasco where they included a bunch of data they shouldn't have... Unless things have changed since then, the gear rewards are lv13. The armor is a single piece that occupies body/hands/legs/feet (just like the odin body), males get Snow's cloak, females get Lightning's outfit, and theres one weapon for each class (curious how that will be handled if this is indeed a questline). I don't remember if the weapons were lv13, but they probably were.

This was first teased back in the beginning of July.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Nah raid ShinRa headquarters where the first 10 mins of the dungeon running up the stairs and an NPC Barret bitching the whole time.
    I surrender to this. 10/10

--

Anyone notice Lightning pulling out a machine gun type weapon and shooting? I'm sure she never had such an attack in the original game. (@:33)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Anyone notice Lightning pulling out a machine gun type weapon and shooting? I'm sure she never had such an attack in the original game. (@:33)
    It's just her sword in its gun mode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast