1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LIGHTNING RETURNS     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is just terrible.

A) The whole concept is stupid from a lore perspective and is happening solely to act as free marketing for FFXIII-3 to an already devoted FF fanbase
    B) It's going to be an open world FATE that will be insanely popular; the Behemoth / Odin versions have panned out so well...
    C) It's supposed to be vanity gear, but who the hell wants to look like Snow who himself vaguely resembles a homeless person

Have fun spamming Holy / Blizzard II because you can't see anything; I'd rather run laps around the Aertheryte at Revenant's Toll.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Two different Odins? In the same game?? NO, IT CANNOT BE.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this is just terrible.

A) The whole concept is stupid from a lore perspective and is happening solely to act as free marketing for FFXIII-3 to an already devoted FF fanbase
    B) It's going to be an open world FATE that will be insanely popular; the Behemoth / Odin versions have panned out so well...
    C) It's supposed to be vanity gear, but who the hell wants to look like Snow who himself vaguely resembles a homeless person

Have fun spamming Holy / Blizzard II because you can't see anything; I'd rather run laps around the Aertheryte at Revenant's Toll.
    gtfo.

Any FF fan would be giddy over this kind of stuff. Even if this XIII stuff is propaganda, it's still badass. We can only hope that a positive reaction to this would bring in even more crossovers like what theyre doing with XIV/DQ/XI.

I would kill to see previous FF scenarios brought in to XIV.

SE can twist the lore to bend anyway they want to fit all of this in, but it really doesn't matter assuming it doesn't infringe on the main story.

Immersion.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    You cannot tell me Dragon Kick in a longcoat (even a hobo longcoat) wouldn't be sweet as fuck.

Seriously considering using my Fantasia to grow some balls for that coat.

Edit: Noticed at 0:36 Lightning does a sword flurry thing that makes Rage of Halone sfx, lol.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    gtfo.

Any FF fan would be giddy over this kind of stuff. Even if this XIII stuff is propaganda, it's still badass. We can only hope that a positive reaction to this would bring in even more crossovers like what theyre doing with XIV/DQ/XI.

I would kill to see previous FF scenarios brought in to XIV.

SE can twist the lore to bend anyway they want to fit all of this in, but it really doesn't matter assuming it doesn't infringe on the main story.

Immersion.
    no u!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201309/26040726.html

Some pics of the weapons and better view of Snow costume.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Least males don't get the Hope costume? :<

Most of the weps are ugly as sin though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I could see them adding Via Infinito or Giruvegan as other legacy FF-themed dungeons similar to Crystal Tower if they plan on carrying more FFs into this and aren't just using the Lightning shit as advertising.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

If they legit bring more FFs into 14.. that would get me hype, no shitting you.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I never kept up with that old "Gold Saucer" news back in the day. Was that just gonna be straight up the Gold Saucer or just a similar kind of place?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I never kept up with that old "Gold Saucer" news back in the day. Was that just gonna be straight up the Gold Saucer or just a similar kind of place?
    Straight up Gold Saucer. They hinted it will be FFVII-esque, but added to FFXIV. will be able to gamble and play games and all that. No mention of Battle Square type fights, but it definitely leaves much to the imagination. They also mentioned that there won't be any major news about it until around ver 2.3.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I fucking love this kind of stuff, not gonna lie, and not ashamed.

I'd rather they do fanstuff like this for free with an event, than make it like buying vanity shit ala Blizzard.

Also, people are forgetting, this isn't just a promo for 13, but it also gets 13 fans more interested in 14. I am all for any side silly stuff that will help keep this game p2p.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

13 fans interested in 14? Iunno. Maybe. Thankfully the trials are decently long so they'd be able to see if it'd be the game for them.

I hope it's not held to just FFXIII though. I mean, obviously we have some other stuff thrown in (Bronzed Beauty, FF2 battle thing remixed, Magitek, etc) but.. oh god if they brought some more notable stuff from 7-9.. that'd be outstanding.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have zero problems with this since it's all "Final Fantasy." The other-franchise (DQX) crossover stuff is where I get a little bit iffy... but luckily I have some nostalgia invested in DQ.

It was weird to see the Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect outfits in XIII-2... They have so much damn IP to pull from within the franchise, I don't think it's all that necessary to break the 4th wall that much.

it's a shame that hair will look like plastic and completely unreal upon implementation

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    If they legit bring more FFs into 14.. that would get me hype, no shitting you.
    Same. To this day I'm still hoping for a Gilgamesh fight on a giant bridge.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

We're already getting Crystal Tower from FFIII, so why not Kefka's Tower from FFVI? It'd be a great way to use the three-party alliance system.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    We're already getting Crystal Tower from FFIII, so why not Kefka's Tower from FFVI? It'd be a great way to use the three-party alliance system.
    I am one of probably 4 people who doesn't love FFVI to death and I love this idea.
    Or I guess on a smaller scale, 3-pronged boss fight ala Sephiroth's final boss first form (not that exact fight though please no).

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It still boggles my mind that they've made/making two sequels to the worse selling non-mmo FF. (Probably worse? I'd be interested to know the sales figures for XIII vs. 1.0)

But then again they also decided to dump a ton of money into remaking 1.0. SE has never been good at making financially sound decisions. Or good decisions in general.

Point is: XIII sucks, this is going to be completely shoe-horned in and terrible. I don't understand why people would hope for anything other than that.