1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Losing the signature on signed items.

Has anyone else experienced this or knows what is causing it? Lots of FC peeps been crafting for each other and lots of the signatures are disappearing.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Sending it via mog mail? I'm like 99% sure that'll erase signature.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Signatures are just bugged right now. Here's a few facts about signatures:

1) Nothing will remove a signature from an item that I'm aware of. Sold it on the wards? Still there. Moogle mailed it? Still there. I have personally confirmed both of these things.
    2) Signatures show up on the Lodestone item descriptions (this is how I confirmed #1).
    3) Signatures appear on any finished product; that includes food (not sure about potions, I didn't check). No idea what happens if you stack two things together that were made by two different people (Does it keep one? Does it remove the signature completely?).

The bug with signatures is that after some amount of time (Zoning? Having the creator log out? Random? I don't know.), the signature seems to disappear for any gear that you didn't craft for yourself. The important thing to note is that the item window is still expanded, leaving room for a signature (whereas an unsigned item, like something from 1.0, doesn't have this extra space at the bottom). The lodestone will still display the appropriate signature as well. They just need to fix something...

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What I don't get about this is where the sigs are seen. I have HQ'd all of my own gathering gear and everything that's not on my highest main character, and zero signatures are visible to me in game.

I can see them all on the website, and some of these are weeks old at this point. /confused

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    What I don't get about this is where the sigs are seen.
    It appears exactly where it does when viewed from the Lodestone--at the very bottom of the item. Like I said up above though, it's bugged and most of the time you'll just see a gap where a name would fit, but no name actually visible.

The only stuff that displays names for me in-game without fail is stuff that I made for myself and have never put in a trade/retainer/market/mail.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The only stuff that displays names for me in-game without fail is stuff that I made for myself and have never put in a trade/retainer/market/mail.
    Thanks for the reply and clarification. Probably 98% of my gear falls in that exact category, and none of it displays signatures in game....ever.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    Thanks for the reply and clarification. Probably 98% of my gear falls in that exact category, and none of it displays signatures in game....ever.
    If you "examine" yourself, they aren't visible. If you open the character menu, you should see them.

Perhaps that is the issue?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If a piece of gear is traded to you it doesn't appear to lose signature either. The only shit I have that's still signed is my Fisher AF which I picked up in person as opposed to Mog Mail.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've been making Astral / RG stuff for FC mates and sig disappears as soon as I trade them (in person).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It seems like they're almost playing around with the functionality. Right now, you can view them even on the Market Board and it seems to disappear shortly after you buy off of there.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Same problem here :/