1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Anyone still have an active FFXI subscription?

Can we get some people to go to the Ebon Panels while we have a FC in here attempting Twintania?

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    ^ Recently happened to us in an AK run where we were teaching someone new, and we kept calling LB 2hr. The dude was confused as to wtf he was supposed to use, then we realized we'd been calling it 2hr instead of Limit Break.

Although, 2-Hour in this game is your 160sec cooldown. Hallowed Ground, Benediction, etc.
    Hallowed is 7 mins, Bene is 5.

I don't think any ability has a 2:40 CD for that matter (I assume you meant 180sec).

Those with 3 min CDs can hardly be considered "2hr" tier anyways (dragonfire, sentinel, bulwark).

The only other skill besides Hallowed and Bene really worthy of the "2hr" title is BV (Enkidle has a 5 min recast but is hardly "2hr" material, should have a shorter CD like dragonfire).

:l

I'm not trying to compare the effectiveness of one to the other. But those are the skills with the greatest cooldowns which are sort of Burst X abilities. Which is what XI based their 2-hours off of. Burst Damage, Burst Heals, Burst Buffs.

Are we going to also have an in-depth discussion on how the XIV Relic Weapons don't compare to the Quality/Difficulty of acquiring Relic Weapons in XI? Because they're totally the same ballpark, I mean they have the same naming right?

Right, what were we talking about?

Ebon panels or something?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I call the primal wumbo attacks "two hour" or "astral flow" because I can never think of a better generic name quickly enough when the subject matter comes up.

Same as calling Weight of the Land "Plumes", because fuck it, it's the same gd thing.

Well, to be fair, plumes spawn in set locations with set patterns, weight picks random targets.

Oh, also, how many people does weight target for that matter? I never counted. Are there more in later phases or does it just seem that way because of the smaller field?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Well, to be fair, plumes spawn in set locations with set patterns, weight picks random targets.

Oh, also, how many people does weight target for that matter? I never counted. Are there more in later phases or does it just seem that way because of the smaller field?
    5 once heart go bye bye

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    The fuck is a 2-hr in this game?
    I've had people say "build TP" when they're building LB for Titan.

I haven't heard 2hr yet though. LB seems to be a pretty consistent term.

Btw, DD > DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    DD > DPS.
    ^
    One is a role, the other is a performance evaluation.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Btw, DD > DPS.
    My mind has been damaged by shouts so much that I forgot about this. I humbly thank you. I've been saying deeps because my mind wouldn't let me use dps so it defaulted to making fun of it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I've had people say "build TP" when they're building LB for Titan.

I haven't heard 2hr yet though. LB seems to be a pretty consistent term.

Btw, DD > DPS.
    Agree 100%, although I shorten DPS to deeps for casual speak.

I'm ok with "deeps", mostly because it amuses me.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Looking to compare PLD 2h to ffxiv's PLD Hallowed Ground. Apparently 2H in FFXI is now 1H, so we've been all wrong.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've died so many times with Hallowed up that it's not funny anyway. And I'm not talking about primal enrage moves, just legit damage like garuda downdrafts. Seems worthless unless I use it 3-4 seconds ahead of when I expect to die.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    I've died so many times with Hallowed up that it's not funny anyway. And I'm not talking about primal enrage moves, just legit damage like garuda downdrafts. Seems worthless unless I use it 3-4 seconds ahead of when I expect to die.
    Yup, have to wait for the animation to finish before you actually stop taking damage. Meaning you can pop it, die, and it go on cool down anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    Anyone still have an active FFXI subscription?

Can we get some people to go to the Ebon Panels while we have a FC in here attempting Twintania?
    I lol-ed so damn hard.

Seriously though. -I think if we get 5 people to log in and get each race in the right tower, hit the ebon panel and alt tab to XIV on turn 5, we could probably lock the boss down.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Yup, have to wait for the animation to finish before you actually stop taking damage. Meaning you can pop it, die, and it go on cool down anyways.
    Happens a lot with Benediction too. I'll pop it to save someone, but god-fucking-forbid I cure before I finish twirling.

Holy is even worse.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Happens a lot with Benediction too. I'll pop it to save someone, but god-fucking-forbid I cure before I finish twirling.
    Yeah the Mrs was complaining about this too, it's pretty ridiculous that it don't go off until the animation has finished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast