1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Turn 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Mark the rot passers 1-5, make sure healers are 2/4 or something, DPS pick rot from healers and not healers passing it off to next person. This ensures they are always in the position to heal.

Also, save CDs for post-rot, since pre-rot is easy.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not 50 yet myself but I did watch this and it seems helpful.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Group started having one healer stand kind of in the middle of the room and keeping medica2 up for the last boss to mop up aoe damage and I just kept single target curing tanks the whole fight and that one little change got us a fairly easy win, was trying to run in to swiftcast medicas with little communication but having one stand where he can hit everyone and keep that up works great, we don't make dds grab rot off just gotta be on the ball

Tanks hold him near the corner of the room for reference with dd and heals fanned out behind in order for passing

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

We hold him in the middle of the ramp (east side?) that is blocked once everyone enters. I've never had any issue on PLD with it hitting hard, especially as soon as you are describing.

I will say fuck Vent for this game. Using Push-to-talk for anyone that is tanking, healing, or in a silence/stun rotation is terrible for this game. Use Mumble or a Skype call for your 8 mans.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    We hold him in the middle of the ramp (east side?) that is blocked once everyone enters. I've never had any issue on PLD with it hitting hard, especially as soon as you are describing.

I will say fuck Vent for this game. Using Push-to-talk for anyone that is tanking, healing, or in a silence/stun rotation is terrible for this game. Use Mumble or a Skype call for your 8 mans.
    All of those programs have the option to use push-to-talk or free talk.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    All of those programs have the option to use push-to-talk or free talk.
    Yep, and Vent's free talk is fucking terribad in comparison to the others.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got to tank this fight for the first time last night, usually I'm on brd or sch. We won on our third attempt, felt pretty good. Very fun fight when all cylinders are firing for your team.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Went 1/1 last night taking pierce and blunt dmg down path. So much easier imo.

Again with 2 brd + 1 drg. No time problems whatsoever.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I saw your previous post sath, might try that next week

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I personally don't really understand what's making that path easier for us to be honest. It doesn't make a ton of sense looking at the buffs left up, but it's working no doubt. That path and not having healers move I think made the biggest difference.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

As a healer, I could have quite honestly slept through ADS last night. It was that easy (with Sath and Day). The trash rock mobs in turn 1 with gigantic AOE pose more of a threat.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's easy no matter what path you take as long as people actually pay attention.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It's easy no matter what path you take as long as people actually pay attention.
    ^

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Downed it for the first time today after 3 wipes. Feels good but stupid paladin and bard earrings ...

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How are Paladins handling cooldowns on ADS? I ask because on two or three attempts tonight I was at 2-3 stacks, with 5K HP, and got dropped like a lead weight by seemingly nothing other than a couple normal hits that I ate for 1.5-2k each followed by the wind crap that finished me off. As far as I could see, nothing ADS does is blockable, so Bulwark is effectively useless. I can't seem to find good times to use, say, Foresight and Awareness, because I'll be A-okay for most of the fight until ADS decides it's time I took a seat.

It would be great if I could figure out why I apparently have so little control over my own well-being in this particular fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    You can say that about everything though.

One path is definitely easier than the other. That's the point.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    How are Paladins handling cooldowns on ADS? I ask because on two or three attempts tonight I was at 2-3 stacks, with 5K HP, and got dropped like a lead weight by seemingly nothing other than a couple normal hits that I ate for 1.5-2k each followed by the wind crap that finished me off. As far as I could see, nothing ADS does is blockable, so Bulwark is effectively useless. I can't seem to find good times to use, say, Foresight and Awareness, because I'll be A-okay for most of the fight until ADS decides it's time I took a seat.

It would be great if I could figure out why I apparently have so little control over my own well-being in this particular fight.
    I don't have anything solid to provide to you, but posts like this tell me that everything is going to be okay once we get the debuff phase down. ADS never hit us so hard where we were getting our shit wrecked, even with 4-5 stacks; it was always someone lagging and getting hit by AOE or us screwing up the debuffs (I, myself was guilty of this as I got it one time as off-tank and didn't realize that off-tanks could get it until 3 seconds were left on it) wiping the raid.

Can't wait to get this shit down tomorrow night.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For my group 4 stacks on a tank with hate on ADS means were doing it wrong. Once we got serious about active tank stopping hate when 2 stacks has been up for a few seconds and the 2nd tank being prepped for voke>savage>halone we have not seen 4 stacks anymore.

My basic tank flow:
    2-3 hate combo's > stop hate > defense buff > SS spam till other tank grabs hate.
    When other tank has 2 stacks he calls "stopping enmity" and I prep a Savage Blade and its:
    Voke>S>Circle>H, 2-3 hate combo's > stop hate > repeat prior

Things get crazy when the last 30% hits so a dps LB helped us, and tanks making sure to use hallowed ground and full defense buffs in rotation along with quick swaps made it alot easier.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

One tip for tanks that really help: focus target your tanking partner. When using focustarget you can see the timer on the debuff ticking down on them and swap hate without even needing to communicate it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Went 1/1 last night taking pierce and blunt dmg down path. So much easier imo.

Again with 2 brd + 1 drg. No time problems whatsoever.
    which rooms are piercing / blunt nodes?