+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

right how did no one post and not let us know this was out. I feel bad and all who read his should feel horrible too.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Son of a bitch, ya. I wanted this badly and forgot about it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

I played the demo and enjoyed it. Dislike how when you beat the final demo battle (With a revenge boosted enemy; Which coincidentally if you kill them while they are rage boosted you are supposed to obtain a special item) that they start your data over from before the battle so any levels or skills or levels you obtain during the battle are lost. But I love how easy it is to unlock new classes. Instead of requiring level 25+ classes, you only require say a 2 or 3* mastery in your weapons which is rediculousl easy. i got those before the final battle of a single chapter. There are also one time rewards for each map for having a max multiplier. there is an easy quest reward thing too. I definitely enjoyed the demo, i just wish i had money to throwdown on this before fallout 4 comes out. If someone buys it, definitely let me shareplay at least til i beat the story

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I want this, but don't own a ps4 yet. :<

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I ended up picking it up Tuesday, but not playing it til yesterday. It's Disgaea, if you liked the last 5 (counting D2) you'll like this one.

It seems there are more features than ever, and it's a bit much. Like too much of a good thing. I don't mind, but it all gets to be a lot to keep track of. It'll keep me occupied for months.

The main theme is also uh... unique. The music itself is fine, but oh my fuck, the singing. I think it was intentionally bad? But I don't know for sure.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just as Teknique+Odesseiron posted, the game is REALLY enjoyable especially with mon-toss, quests to unlock stuff, and fucking restart options!!!

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

Hopefully I'll pick this up this week then

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah same here.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Got the limited edition a few days ago.

Too bad I still need to finish Disgaea 3.

And 4.

..Well, start them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Honestly, it's the most polished of the series by far. Going to be hard to go back to the others after this, it's just so smooth. Everything loads really quickly. The grind is about right, more convenient than D4, but not so simplified like DD2.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not sure if this was a feature in the last one, but you can hold down the Circle button during moves to speed them up to super high levels. You can also do the usual press Triangle to skip, but it's cool if you still want to see the effects but skip the start up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As someone whose never played a Disgaea game before, would this be a good entry point? Or should I play the previous ones leading up to this?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd jump right in with this one, though Disgaea 4 on the vita is a great game too. The stories are completely separate so you don't really miss anything by just starting with 5, and it is definitely more beginner friendly.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It's really hard to go back to the originals after you play the latest one. At least I feel that way, kinda feel like its similar to pokemon and how they add so many features in the next release the previous ones seem so sluggish.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmm..

Think I should play Disgaea 4 first then? I ended up buying the Vita version (even though I had the PS3 version). I do like what little bit I played of it.

I can take or leave 3. It was free on PS+ one month.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I personally don't like 3 that much but its an okay game in the series. I think 4 is really cheap atm, at least for Vita. I don't think the difference between 5 and 4 will be massive as far as QoL changes so they shouldn't feel very different. It was mainly if you wanted to start from Disgaea 1 after playing 5, it would seem really slow I would think.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I personally don't like 3 that much but its an okay game in the series. I think 4 is really cheap atm, at least for Vita. I don't think the difference between 5 and 4 will be massive as far as QoL changes so they shouldn't feel very different. It was mainly if you wanted to start from Disgaea 1 after playing 5, it would seem really slow I would think.
    I just looked and its still 32 dollars at gamestop, and 47 on amazon. I expected like below 20 when you said cheap.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They had some flash sale or something a few months back where I snagged it for about $18 on Vita.

Now I just need to Ebay my limited edition one I have for PS3.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

4 on the Vita is still a terrific game. (don't play the ps3 version, they made too many QoL changes in the vita version to ever look back). If you want to play both, I'd do 4 first, because, it'll be harder to go back to 4 after getting used to 5.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    I just looked and its still 32 dollars at gamestop, and 47 on amazon. I expected like below 20 when you said cheap.
    Not sure why the vita version isn't listed in price but its 24.99 on amazon atm:

http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-4-Prom...disgaea+4+vita

Not really cheap as I thought but not that bad.