+ Reply to Thread
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

WTS: Megaman X3 SNES Cart & Collectables

Prices updated on Feb 2014

First up, I have an original SNES Megaman X3 cart in near mint condition with no label damage. I've tested the game and it functioned for an hour plus playthrough without crashes or glitches.

I also have the instruction booklet in decent shape - insides are all fine but there's damage on the cover: a slight crease, two minor tears on the side that have been taped, and a strip of tape on the back of the cover to reinforce where the crease was.

I have the cart and book listed for $160 on Amazon, but I'm willing to deal to a BGer for $85 shipped (I paid $80 for it in 1997 with my 10 year old allowance). On Amazon others are asking $140+ for used solo rental carts, and Ebay has a cart+booklet in much worse condition being bid on with a starter bid of $75.

SOLD

I also have a bunch of 1996 Bandai Japan figurines made when the Megaman X3 game was released. They come with swappable armor sets, and I have three bags of spare armor in addition to the pictured figures. I also have the Super Nova Armor figure which was a special release packaged with the collector's edition of the Japanese Megaman X4.

In addition to that, I have the Ride Armor mech which fits 1 figurine and can swap between the hovering Hawk Armor and the punching Chimera armor. If you are using the Chimera form, the Hawk armor's pieces also form some gimmicky turret gun for another figure to use

The figures go anywhere from $20 to $60 each, plus shipping, depending on the specific armor in question and the condition. Armor packs anywhere from $8 to $15. I'm asking $15 shipped for X, Bit, and Vile; $20 shipped for X with the white X3 armor and Zero; $30 shipped for Super Nova Armor (the only other Super Nova figure I could find was on eBay for over $100 unopened).

I'm willing to give a discount if you buy multiples as it saves me shipping and if some kindred man-child wants it all, I'll part with the entire set for $100 shipped. Each figurine will come with one baggie of extra armor ($15 value) til I run out.

According to the YouTube video in my post below, an opened Ride Armor went for $150 plus shipping on eBay at the end of 2009, which was near the lowpoint of the recession. I cannot find another one for sale right now anywhere, so this is my best guess for a baseline.

I had an offer from a toy shop in Vegas that specializes in rare collectibles for $100. That offer was of course priced for them to make a profit, so I would hope to get a little more doing retail myself. With the current economy, I'd be willing to deal to a BGer in the $135 range (shipping included).

I'm open to negotiation in PMs, and I can take better pictures for interested buyers on any item. I prefer PayPal. I know the asking prices are pretty steep for toys but I think they are good condition 90's collectibles from Japan. I'm pretty sure you could flip it all for profit at some anime or gaming convention if you wanted.

(Fair disclosure, you can get a new Zero second edition 2003 figurine from toyattack.com for $20; mine is a first edition (1996) which retails from them for $40 new. I have no idea what they changed between the two released)

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

PM sent.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cart is sold, still looking to deal on figurines.

EDIT: Also a video of the ride armor since I'm lazy about taking pictures of my own

Banned.

BG Level

ROCKMAN!

Hey can i buy that ride armor and x and white armor x model? i can pay 75.00 ASAP via paypal, let me know pal.

Adam

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by megamanx1900 View Post
    Hey can i buy that ride armor and x and white armor x model? i can pay 75.00 ASAP via paypal, let me know pal.

Adam
    Hm. Someone who created their account to post only this. Seems legit. I'd totally do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Hm. Someone who created their account to post only this. Seems legit. I'd totally do it.
    To be fair it's a rare item that's hardly sold and certainly not in production. I'm interested in it as well and if you're interested in it too saying that kind of gives the person a bad rep unnecessarily to skew the seller in your favor. Which isn't fair to the guy because he could be an enthusiast since he's already offering more than what the buyer wants. If anything western union could be used as a last resort.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I posted this a few months ago so I'm surprised it's getting interest now.

The figures and the Ride Armor are actually still for sale. However when I posted this like 4 months ago I needed extra spending cash for a vacation, so I priced fairly aggressively (the price on the X3 SNES Cart was fairly amazing for an interested collector imho). Since that's done with though, I'm looking to get more out of the Ride Armor (the prices for the figures stand).

I've edited the original post with new pricing info for anyone interested. I'm willing to negotiate, especially if you buy multiple items.

Also the figures look off color, they were fairly dusty in the original pictures since I dug them out of the attic. I can clean and take pictures for serious buyers that are on the fence regarding condition.

Banned.

BG Level

what are you trying to say? i'm only trying to be fair since the model has no box nor is it new so don't act like i'm trying to scam the dude.

Banned.

BG Level

if you want i can go 95.00 that's the best i can do only because i'm only 15 and really can't afford to go over the limit, also unemployed because like i said i'm only 15 and not old enough for a job, sorry for going into to much detail.

Banned.

BG Level

thanks

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I posted the prices I am looking to sell at; I'm sorry not selling this as aggressively as I was in October last year but I don't need the money, so I need to get more out of it to sell it. If you are willing to try save money and buy it in a few weeks you are welcome to PM me at that time to see if I still have it. But I can't go cheaper. $135 including the shipping is a fair price imo; in a worse economy (Dec. 2009) this piece went for $150 plus shipping used/open. I have a $100 offer for the Ride Armor already, but instead of selling to a collector's shop, I'd rather split the profit that shop would make between myself and savings for a member of the forum. I still have the figures as well if you would like to purchase those instead, but if you want to try negotiate please PM and avoid spamming the thread.

And for reference, when using Paypal for transactions, there is a dispute system that allows a buyer to yank their payments, which can burn sellers. This is why people use eBay or Amazon to sell. However because this is a small forum where posters build reputation over months and years, so we are comfortable selling to one another using PayPal knowing that if we get scammed, the forum member will suffer the consequences (placed on the BG-Blacklist). However as someone with a new account, and without any reputation for being a reliable buyer (i.e. on our BG-Whitelist) for we have to treat a buyer with more caution. I would probably demand a Western Union to do this transaction because you just aren't a known member of the community.

Banned.

BG Level

sorry about that man i didn't know i was spamming but if you could send me pics of the rest of the models that would be awesome! and i can do 110.00 on the ride armor.