FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Wolf Among Us (PC/PS3)

Today we would like to share the launch trailer for our upcoming series, 'The Wolf Among Us,' based on Bill Willingham's award-winning comic book series 'Fables' and licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

The season premiere episode of The Wolf Among Us, titled 'Faith,' will arrive for download worldwide this Friday October 11th on Xbox Games Store for just $4.99. A Season Pass option is available for the first time on Xbox Games Store for Telltale's new series enabling consumers to purchase the rest of the five episode series at a discount for $14.99 versus the $4.99/episode price. Episodes 2-5 will also be available for individual purchase as they release on Xbox 360.

The series will also launch worldwide on PC this Friday October 11th, available via the Telltale Online Store, Steam, and other online digital distribution outlets as a Season Pass that includes entitlement to all five episodes as they release. The Wolf Among Us can be pre-ordered now for a 10% discount up until the time the game launches this Friday.

The Wolf Among Us will also premiere on PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 in North America on Tuesday October 15th. The PlayStation 3 version of the game series will be available for consumers to purchase as individual episodes for $4.99 or as a Season Pass for $19.99 which will include episodes 1-5 as they are released. A release date for the title on PlayStation Network in Europe will be announced as soon as it is confirmed by our 1st party partners.

A consistent New York Times bestseller, 'Fables' is one of DC Entertainment's longest-running series published under its Vertigo imprint since 2002. With over a dozen Eisner Awards, including Best Writer, Best New Series, and numerous wins for Best Serialized Story, the FABLES universe has become one of the richest mythologies in the world of comics, imagining that characters like Snow White, The Big Bad Wolf and Pinocchio from the world's most beloved storybooks are real - real, and living among us, with all of their powers intact.

Set prior to the events seen in the first issue of the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us puts players in the role of Bigby Wolf, a man once more infamously known as The Big Bad Wolf. Now the sheriff of a hidden community in New York City, exiled from the land of fairy tales, Bigby is tasked by the bureaucrat Snow White to keep order within a society of mythical creatures and characters trying to remain undetected in the world of the mundane. From a chain-smoking member of 'The Three Little Pigs,' to a car-stealing Mr. Toad itching for his next wild ride, The Wolf Among Us examines the lives of beings straight from the pages of myth and lore, now trying to survive on the meanest and most run-down streets of New York City.
    The Wolf Among Us is a five episode series from the creators of the 2012 Game of the Year: The Walking Dead. Based on Fables, an award-winning comic book series, it is an often violent, mature and hard-boiled thriller where the characters and creatures of myth, lore and legend are real and exist in our world.

As Bigby Wolf - THE big bad wolf in human form - you will discover that the brutal, bloody murder of a Fable is just a taste of things to come, in a game series where your every decision can have enormous consequences.

• Your choices matter: it’s not only WHAT you choose to do that will affect how your story plays out, but WHEN you choose to do it

• A mature and gritty take on characters from fairytales, legends and folklore who have escaped into our world. These are not the characters you’d see on a little child’s lunchbox.

• as Bigby Wolf: formerly the most feared monster among the Fables, now Sheriff of Fabletown and protector of those he used to hunt. He must restrain the beast within if he is to earn the trust of those around him.

• Choose Bigby’s actions carefully. Will you approach a situation calmly or unleash your inner rage? The way you act will determine how others respond to you.

• Set before the events seen in the first issue of the comics – you don’t have to know the characters or the world to play!
    http://www.telltalegames.com/thewolfamongus/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

• Your choices matter
    Heard that before.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just finished episode yesterday if you enjoyed walking dead should enjoy this just be aware it uses more/slightly different buttons which threw me off at the start. The choices sort of matter the one im aware of
    Spoiler: show
    if you vist the prince instead of toad first the prince is still alive and if you do the reverse you see toad get beat up and the prince is dead when you arrive i think i read. I think however going to toad first is the cannon choice since you dont check in on the prince after you leave there.

For some reason its also cheaper to buy the season pass on xbox than pc at least for EU.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Coming to iOS and Vita.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

iOS version up today
    The Wolf Among Us will be released later today on the iOS App Store, Telltale has announced. Along with the news, the firm has released a new behind the scenes video feature called “Exploring the World of Fables.” The Wolf Among Us Season Premiere episode, Faith, will run you $4.99 on iOS and the full season multi-pack will run you $14.99.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/the-...ios-app-store/

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Bumping cause I just picked this up and am a couple hours into the first chapter. So far I am enjoying the hell out of it. The setting/art style/plot are all fantastic. I can't believe this thread hasn't been bumped since december.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

The game is epic. While TWD was a feels train, I think Wolf has the best story overall. And it gets better at the midpoint and onward in Ep 2 IMO

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Halfway into the 2nd episode and I would agree. Was funny to hear the VA's for Clem and Lee as different characters. I love bigbys interactions with the other characters that exchange with the pig was hilarious.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well the ending of episode 3 was epic as hell. Only thing I wish is that you could have more interactions with the side characters, otherwise game is fantastic.

BG Level

Agreed. My jaw dropped at the conclusion of Episode 3. Eagerly awaiting Episode 4.

I still hope I get my shot at beating the living hell out of Crane.

This game feels like a pretty half-assed attempt at interactive storytelling. They could have just released a 2hr cutscene movie and it would have been more entertaining. The only thing I felt after finishing these tiny chapters was the need for a real point-and-click adventure game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that's how all Telltale Games basically work.

BG Level

5/27 - PC/MAC (Worldwide), PlayStation 3 (North America)
    5/28 - Xbox 360 (Worldwide)
    5/29 - iOS App Store

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://cdn.telltalegames.com/files/b...-platforms.jpg

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/72...-playstation-4

Coming to PS4 and Xbox One later this year as well as disc releases for PS3/360.

BG Level

Episode 5 (and the finale) next week:

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got the season during summer sale for 8.74. Was the one thing I bought. Don't regret it. Awesome storytelling. And it got me into the Fables series, which I'm about halfway through right now.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...ang0o1_400.gif

BG Level

How is the comic series? I've been thinking of picking it up after my trip at the end of the month.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's pretty good. I like starting new series because you don't have to worry about missing 1000 story arcs before it. If I started with any series in Marvel I'd have to go read so many other stories. With this, it's the one main series and that is it. The writing is pretty solid most of the time. Art is pretty good (though I was used to Wolf Among Us style, had to adjust to characters a bit) and most of the story is straight to the point. It veers at times, and jumps around a little bit, but nothing head scratching.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There is the one crossover with Jack of Fables, but if you're buying it as graphic novels the two series will be in the one volume.

BG Level

Just finished the finale. Amazing conclusion to an amazing story.

Decided to spare the Crooked Man even though I don't fully trust Auntie Greenleaf. Just seems way too convenient for her to turn him into a crow and walk off with him.

Nerissa is also a huge mystery. Bigby recalling her, Lily, and Snow's dialogue was in no way a coincidence. I'd say S2 is pretty much confirmed and this is the mere tip of the iceberg.