1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They did it for the same reason you did it. You don't get to say this when you fishbotted. Why did you cheat?
    Cause I was done with a dying game and it was a last ditch effort to get my relic to 99. But I said screw it and quit. Wasn't worth the trouble AND it wasn't worth the lack of accomplishment, where as taking it 90 at least I put the effort in, fishbotting it to 99 was the easy way out and I disliked it. I didn't rake in billions of gil, and even now that gil sits rotting on my character.

Also that's why I said I'm a hypocrite I know I fishbotted. I know I did something wrong. But my actions didn't necessarily fuck a brand new game by dumping billions of gil in to the system.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Just seems silly to throw your hat in the ring at this point: "Hey, I'm a cheater too, but you're just downright criminal, pal."

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Terria View Post
    Seriously disliking you right about now.

I don't think I'll ever understand why people do shit like this lol. I mean yes, I'm a hypocrite cause I fish-botted in FF11. But that was miniscule compared to this. And I didn't even profit from fishbotting. Found it boring as fuck constantly restocking lures.

But ya. Back to disliking you.
    Are you mentally impaired? Your facebook-esque sig suggests you are.

The reason for doing this was stated multiple times, real life monies.

I personally would happily rape and potentially destroy an MMO's economy/future if I found a way to make thousands of dollars whilst growing a handsom neck beard in my mom's basement.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TILL 3.0 FINALLY HITS!!!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Surely what he did is illegal under some real life law and when caught would cost him way more than he made RMTing...

SE could at minimum sue anyone using this for big damages.

Burn my Dread
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shini Kimura
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    Are you mentally impaired? Your facebook-esque sig suggests you are.

I personally would happily rape and potentially destroy an MMO's economy/future if I found a way to make thousands of dollars whilst growing a handsom neck beard in my mom's basement.
    Good for you. I'm glad we've evolved as a society where we enjoy screwing peoples enjoyment over for shinies... wait, nevermind... the majority of the world does that anyways :/

Ok, carry on with the destroying of things. I'll be over here.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So yeah, those who were crying about the Eanae thread not being good enough drama, I hope you're gorging yourself silly on this delicious pre-P4 drama. Is this good enough for you? Have you finally found a more tasty treat than Salvage Bans? This is better than fishbotting. This is better than JP Craftbotting. This is far more destructive than any XI exploit, and this was known and happening prior to launch.

Got enough drama now? The entire game could have technically been ruined pre-launch. You can't GET more "drama" than that.
    What was the point of this stupidly pointless post?

Also at $50/mil I can't think of many people that could honestly say they wouldn't do this. A lot would lie and say they weren't while doing it, but yeah. Lots of high horses in here that are just mad they weren't the ones to find this.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, I'm sure it's simply because they jelly. Astute observation.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

LMAO FOR 50$ FOR 1 MILLION GIL! that's a fucking lot of money.

if you sold 100 million gil you could litterly.....

buy this laptop:

Go on a week vacation to here: http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...16-austria.jpg

the list goes on...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Surely what he did is illegal under some real life law and when caught would cost him way more than he made RMTing...

No. Beware of the amatuer lawyers that will start spouting off random bullshit, answer is still no.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    What was the point of this stupidly pointless post?

Also at $50/mil I can't think of many people that could honestly say they wouldn't do this. A lot would lie and say they weren't while doing it, but yeah. Lots of high horses in here that are just mad they weren't the ones to find this.
    You either can't or don't read. Fair enough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway View Post
    I guess its time I say something about this, since my friends and I were trying to keep it under wraps since Beta Phase 4. During phase 4 and early access a small group of players discovered this exploit and gave themselves a few billion gil. They used this gil to resell to RMT to the tune of $50 a mil. They also sold to private players for $5.5 a mil, hugely undercutting the RMT Business. During day 1 of early access, they already had multiple characters on new servers(non legacy) with over 3 Bil. SE quickly banned our characters but the damage was already done, billions of gil was already introduced into the market. This is where they confiscated the 300 billion. It was too late for them, they couldn't afford to do a complete roll back on launch week. Can you imagine the negative press? The gil "duping" has since stopped as SE has been banning the accounts within minutes but now they are focusing on selling allagan and Af2 armor. You can do a google search but the prices are $1500 for a whole set.
    That's some Breaking Bad shit right here.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Has anyone ever been caught/charged for doing this? I doubt 'murica or any other country gives a shit about rmt activities. They happen constantly across all MMOs, and I've never heard of anyone managing to take action against a player outside of Taj. And even then I think he only got a restraining order out of it.

also, I'll just add: holy shit balls this is just wow.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The hilarity is that SE keeps allowing this to happen.

The hope is that SE uses this, learns from it, and doesn't allow it to happen again.

The reality is just lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Would have done it in a heartbeat and not ashamed at all to admit.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Has anyone ever been caught/charged for doing this? I doubt 'murica or any other country gives a shit about rmt activities. They happen constantly across all MMOs, and I've never heard of anyone managing to take action against a player outside of Taj. And even then I think he only got a restraining order out of it.
    Not really.

The only time anything MMO economy related has ever been taken to court was the reverse of what you'd expect: Blacksnow Interactive v. Mythic Entertainment (this was back in Dark Age of Camelot). Blacksnow sued over Mythic's EULA preventing them from conducting RMT activity. Blacksnow fucked around for a number of years to get Mythic to sweat into a settlement, but it never came to fruition.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

1b gil = $50k
    I would do it in a heartbeat, multiple times.

Though I do wonder if the RMT would actually shell out this type of molla or not..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I can't believe they knew about this @ P4/EA and didn't delay launch and fix this garbage. This is something that can/probably will affect the game for years to come...if it makes it that far. If something as basic as verification is coded so insecurely, its not hard to imagine that there are probably other gaping holes that will need plugging as well. Why does SE insist on going against the grain in every imaginable way possible and having non-standard systems in place for EVERYTHING?

Also wtf Yoshi, you said if you needed to delay you would... I think this is just cause of a "needed delay".

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amentos Vonfreshmaker
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    I can't believe they knew about this @ P4/EA and didn't delay launch and fix this garbage. This is something that can/probably will affect the game for years to come...if it makes it that far. If something as basic as verification is coded so insecurely, its not hard to imagine that there are probably other gaping holes that will need plugging as well. Why does SE insist on going against the grain in every imaginable way possible and having non-standard systems in place for EVERYTHING?

Also wtf Yoshi, you said if you needed to delay you would... I think this is just cause of a "needed delay".
    They didn't even delay release to fucking properly stress test their servers, are your really surprised? Come on.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    1b gil = $50k
    I would do it in a heartbeat, multiple times.

Though I do wonder if the RMT would actually shell out this type of molla or not..
    They will only take as much inventory as they can shift before its potentially lost (banned). But since this gil is being created instantly you aquire for immediate demand only.

Unless someone actually involved produces some figures we would be plucking numbers out of the air. However, most people will agree that the figure is likely to be in the tens of thousands at a minimum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast