1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post
    Most Scholars place far to much value on Critical Hit Rate when there is exactly one healing spell in our arsenal that gains a massive benefit from it.
    I'll agree with that. However it is literally one piece of gear (feet). Every other slot for "BiS" has PIE on it as it is. I forget how much MP = 1 PIE. Google is saying 8, so 16 PIE = ~128 MP, which = ~+25 Aetherflow and whatever that does to MP regen ticks. Worth it over 21 crit? Probably, and I've edited that list now to reflect inconclusiveness.

Besides who knows how grindy it'll be to get to rank 30.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    You're some form of awful French so
    Québec French is AWSOME don't be jelly

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

MP wasn't the unmet check in twintania last night. Divebombs to the face and a healer blowing a LVL 3 LB on the snakes was the unmet checks. You had mp issues for a whole hour til you learned the phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I'll agree with that. However it is literally one piece of gear (feet). Every other slot for "BiS" has PIE on it as it is. I forget how much MP = 1 PIE. Google is saying 8, so 16 PIE = ~128 MP, which = ~+25 Aetherflow and whatever that does to MP regen ticks. Worth it over 21 crit? Probably, and I've edited that list now to reflect inconclusiveness.

Besides who knows how grindy it'll be to get to rank 30.
    It mostly comes down to accessories in terms of Piety being traded for something else. It is fortunate for us that most of gear does have piety on it. If I recall correctly, I remember seeing each Piety was 12.5 MP? But don't quote me on that.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

As with every MMO ever, MP management comes with practice. We used to blow elixers to get past turn 4. Now it's a joke. You shouldn't ever have to spec for Piety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    MP wasn't the unmet check in twintania last night. Divebombs to the face and a healer blowing a LVL 3 LB on the snakes was the unmet checks. You had mp issues for a whole hour til you learned the phases.
    You make it sound like we were actually going to kill Hygenia during that one time we got past the second set of dive bombs regardless if I had blown the LB3 or not. Stop being a fool. Also it was the third or so run where I began to manage my MP far more effectively not an hour into it you little shit head.

As with every MMO ever, MP management comes with practice. We used to blow elixers to get past turn 4. Now it's a joke. You shouldn't ever have to spec for Piety.
    No one said anything about speccing for Piety.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Google is saying 8, so 16 PIE = ~128 MP
    If it's anything like VIT it changes at certain thresholds

also Hygeia is the name of the baby snakes and if you're struggling to kill those GOOD LUCK LOL

I meant the big snake. I thought her name was Hygenia but then again, last night is a blur at this point. Thanks for the correction, Rocl.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Sharv View Post
    You make it sound like we were actually going to kill Hygenia during that one time we got past the second set of dive bombs regardless if I had blown the LB3 or not. Stop being a fool. Also it was the third or so run where I began to manage my MP far more effectively not an hour into it you little shit head.
    Reinforces my point. It took you no time to adjust MP management in the most difficult battle of the game during the most MP intensive phases. Without a BRD crutch. PIE is subpar.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I'm somewhat glad the Direwolf boots are BiS for SCH, as I was planning to be a PvP tryhard anyway so it all works out.

Also: Pretty sure me and Rocl are da best SCH's NA. Y'all need to recognize.

Reinforces my point. It took you no time to adjust MP management in the most difficult battle of the game during the most MP intensive phases. Without a BRD crutch. PIE is subpar.
    It's like talking to a brick wall.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I'm somewhat glad the Direwolf boots are BiS for SCH, as I was planning to be a PvP tryhard anyway so it all works out.

I'm pretty certain I'm the worst.

BG Level

Nobody can be the best with Strategos Choker :D lol

Feel free to send me your Allagan weapon and Allagan Gloves as you're not worthy of having them lol.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

You found out I originally mained WHM and bought a few myth pieces then switched to SCH and am thus behind on myth tomes. Shots fired

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

No tea no shade, but Seravi is top tier.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I beat T5 with a i49 ring (HQ Tourmaline penta-melded, admittedly) and melded Imperial Operative Choker cheaper to meld MND onto it than crit onto HQ Tourm. Clearly I know what I'm doing and am not just a cheap bastard.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Naiya View Post
    Nobody can be the best with Strategos Choker :D lol

Feel free to send me your Allagan weapon and Allagan Gloves as you're not worthy of having them lol.
    He's very self-conscious of this. Making fun of him will set us back weeks farming extreme primals until he gets all of his accessories.

BG Level

haha good that will give me a chance to catch up (and by that I mean coil will stop being a bitch and actually drop me the items I need: Book, Gloves, Ring) T_T

Although now I could get CT Gloves/Garuda EX Ring hmm.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Like, I don't advocate using Spruce Pattens over i90 stuff because the MND drop sucks, but the PvP boots are same ilvl, same MND, same VIT as i90s. If either of those had Det, I'd take that in a heartbeat.
    We've been down this road (and I don't know if Allagan feet were changed), but Allagan/myth feet have PIE/SPS as stats, while Spruce Pattens can be melded with both CRT and DET, so you're comparing MND+6 to CRT+16/DET+11.