1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 21 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 12 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1388
  1. #41
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,254
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    For my check, I had an LS member (Ascelina) attack a mob until roughly 60% HP and placed the pixie. Gradually, she moved to the pixie until the pixie triggered Embrace and she stopped when that happened. Using succor from the pixie did not hit Ascelina with the cure. The marker for offensive spells did not hit red when targeting Ascelina and standing at the pixie, but moving back slightly did trigger the red marker.

  2. #42

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Place is overrated for AK because you'll be near the tank in most situations.
    Ugh, you're still missing the point. Distance doesn't have anything to do with it. The AI will literally cast faster if she's on /Place as opposed to being on /Heel.

  3. #43
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,254
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsford View Post
    Ugh, you're still missing the point. Distance doesn't have anything to do with it. The AI will literally cast faster if she's on /Place as opposed to being on /Heel.
    Yet, you can do what you described (Not heal with the exception of breath attacks) without the place mechanic. My question is what alterations, battle-wise, you gain from place over heel for AK. I will try the tail trick though since less breaths would be a benefit; however, I remember her taking too much damage from the tail attack and DoT.

  4. #44
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,391
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsford View Post
    Ugh, you're still missing the point. Distance doesn't have anything to do with it. The AI will literally cast faster if she's on /Place as opposed to being on /Heel.
    I don't see your point w/e shes on place or heel for me she will only do Embrace when tank is lower then 80% of HP

    And she will spam embrace till tank is higher then 80%

  5. #45
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Yet, you can do what you described (Not heal with the exception of breath attacks) without the place mechanic. My question is what alterations, battle-wise, you gain from place over heel for AK. I will try the tail trick though since less breaths would be a benefit; however, I remember her taking too much damage from the tail attack and DoT.
    It's the DoT. She can take hits like no ones business, but DoTs shred her, so if you place her behind, you'd have to make sure to Leech the DoT asap.

  6. #46

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I don't see your point w/e shes on place or heel for me she will only do Embrace when tank is lower then 80% of HP

    And she will spam embrace till tank is higher then 80%
    Again, try it yourself. Go run AK and let her do all the healing, once with her Placed and one with her Heeled. She casts MUCH quicker when on Place.

  7. #47
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsford View Post
    Again, try it yourself. Go run AK and let her do all the healing, once with her Placed and one with her Heeled. She casts MUCH quicker when on Place.
    Agree with this. I use place all the time. After a while heel & place becomes second nature. Really recommend getting used to it.

  8. #48
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,391
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsford View Post
    Again, try it yourself. Go run AK and let her do all the healing, once with her Placed and one with her Heeled. She casts MUCH quicker when on Place.
    I did 0 difference

  9. #49
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1
    BG Level
    0

    I don't know if I'm behind the curve, but I actually found another site that said the scholar priority is:

    MND > Determination > PIE > Spell Speed > Critical Chance > VIT

    While your listed stat priority is:

    MND > Crit > VIT?/PIE? > Determination >>>>>>> Spell Speed

    I'm sorry if I missed it but is there theorycrafting on why crit is awesome and det is that bad?

  10. #50
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,649
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Adloquium's shield doubles on a crit. For example:

    normal Adloq: 500cure/500shield
    crit Adloq: 750cure/1500shield

    No, this does not apply to Succor.

  11. #51
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,180
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    When Adloquium crits, the shield doubles. I'd prefer pumping that over extremely small amounts of Det. On WHM that might be different but crits are a big deal for SCH.

    VIT is more of a Titan/unavoidableAoE-specific concern that can be minimized by having good gear. It's mostly there because if you can't meld Crit onto something there isn't a lot else to put on there. I don't really have anything specific against PIE, just like VIT you aren't going to have a lot of options for where to put it once you get blue gear.

    As far as I'm concerned the priority list kind of stops at Crit. And if someone's advocating Spell Speed above Crit I'd like to know whether they're a closet genius or just dumb.

  12. #52
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36,391
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by KopeAcetic View Post
    I don't know if I'm behind the curve, but I actually found another site that said the scholar priority is:

    MND > Determination > PIE > Spell Speed > Critical Chance > VIT

    While your listed stat priority is:

    MND > Crit > VIT?/PIE? > Determination >>>>>>> Spell Speed

    I'm sorry if I missed it but is there theorycrafting on why crit is awesome and det is that bad?

    1 Mnd = about 1-1.75HP

    5 DET = 1 MND

    Make the calcul

  13. #53

    I recently broke down and redid my ACN points to full MND because of Omnilex, and wow, was not expecting such a damage boost.

    I also realized that SCH is actually the stronger nuker.

    All gear quality being equal, a SCH's MND and a SMN's INT will be equal as well, add in cleric stance's 10% damage boost and SCH straight up nukes harder.

    Obviously in practice there's more too it because secondary stats on healing gear aren't offensively oriented, they never have ACC and frequently have PIE in place of Crit or Spell speed, but I found this observation amusing at least.

  14. #54
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,649
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    If you exclude pets and Fester (and accuracy, I guess), that's not totally surprising.

  15. #55
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    689
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Another reason crit places higher priority on sch is your pets stats as well. When your pet crit heals you get a 30% boost to your spell speed stat anyway. Pie is decent as well since sch gets an added benefit from it by having aetherflow return more mp.

  16. #56
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    13,254
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    It's the DoT. She can take hits like no ones business, but DoTs shred her, so if you place her behind, you'd have to make sure to Leech the DoT asap.
    That's what I figured was the issue and that's why I didn't see how this tactic necessarily helps the SCH nuke more often (Since you have to maintenance the pixie's debuffs).

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsford View Post
    Again, try it yourself. Go run AK and let her do all the healing, once with her Placed and one with her Heeled. She casts MUCH quicker when on Place.
    Is this specific to AK? When I checked using FRAPS and VirtualDub, the frame rate is roughly the same (115 frames with place and 113 frames without place). I used the appearance of the cast via PT list to determine the start of the spell and the removal of the cast to determine where to trim the video. This was at Mor Dhona, but I don't see why AK would have special cure rules unless SE makes the pixie's cure account for movement to the target of the spell.

    Edit: Nvm, I see what you mean now (The cast time isn't quicker but the recast is quicker). Good find.

  17. #57

    I notice that Eos tends to "engage" (turns to face) the enemy as if she were attacking (I assume this is necessary as a function of silence on Selene).

    Maybe when not "placed" the AI rechecks to see if it has to correct/update it's position and LOS with the current enemy target between cures or something?

    Anyone else notice something like this?

  18. #58
    Spam Forum Secret Admirer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,063
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chevalier Vuitton
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I always assumed that adloquium shields stacked. Disappointed to learn that they don't. That was something that made Discipline Priests in WoW so powerful. Still, enjoying SCH a lot. What is the argument behind using Physiq over Adloquium? I've been having no trouble keeping people up with just adloquium.

  19. #59
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20,443
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I always assumed that adloquium shields stacked. Disappointed to learn that they don't. That was something that made Discipline Priests in WoW so powerful. Still, enjoying SCH a lot. What is the argument behind using Physiq over Adloquium? I've been having no trouble keeping people up with just adloquium.
    Game is down so I can't give numbers. But in a nutshell: Adl > physiq when shield is down, Physiq > adl when shield is up since the shield doesn't stack and doesn't refresh duration on it.

    But more often than not, if you are curing the tank you'll be spamming adl anyways since the shield isn't going to last long at all.

  20. #60
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,751
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    There's also this MP thing, you'll definitely need to cast some Physick!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag