1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I always assumed that adloquium shields stacked. Disappointed to learn that they don't. That was something that made Discipline Priests in WoW so powerful. Still, enjoying SCH a lot. What is the argument behind using Physiq over Adloquium? I've been having no trouble keeping people up with just adloquium.
    The shield overwrites if the new adloquium shield exceeds the prior shield. However, due to adloquium's MP cost and shield delay (The HP bonus is applied when the universal tick occurs), physick is preferable as a primary cure. Adloquium is good as an emergency cure if no lustrate is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I always assumed that adloquium shields stacked. Disappointed to learn that they don't. That was something that made Discipline Priests in WoW so powerful. Still, enjoying SCH a lot. What is the argument behind using Physiq over Adloquium? I've been having no trouble keeping people up with just adloquium.
    It's less healing for more MP.

It's 2x MP cost of Physick but only 1.5x the effective potency (400 vs 300+300).

When MP is tight proper use of both is critical. When you're chaincasting cures to keep the tanks alive you can't afford to spam Adlo.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone got a decent pad-only SCH skillbar setup for those of us unfortunately stuck playing on PS3 for the interim? So far mine has worked for me through CM/PR/AK/HM-Ifrit, easy stuff, but have been wanting to optimize it more if that's even possible. Microing pet outside of manual Embrace spam on pad is a pain.

Currently I've got

Skillbar1-
    L2- [Dpad] Swiftcast/Steady/Heel/Place [Buttons] Rouse/Leech/Soil/Succor
    R2- [Dpad] Aether/Drain/Soil/Lustrate [Buttons] Physick/Adloquium/Ruin2/Embrace

Skillbar2-
    L2- [Dpad] Swiftcast/Virus/Bio2/Aero [Buttons] Miasma/Thunder/Bio/Miasma2
    R2- [Dpad] Limit/SdwFlare/Eye/Cleric [Buttons] Summon1/Summon2/Protect/Rez

Skillbar3-
    Pet skills for cooldown checks if I can afford the time, plus sprint/mount and class swaps

If the pet bar on controller wasn't useless (you have to toggle into it, which mucks up my skillbar swapping flow w/ R1) I'd probably keep it handy. Sure is a great feeling knowing you're trying to keep people alive in the most clumsy manner, on the worst performing version of the game.
    Spoiler: show
    Need to get new PC built before 24-man events hit

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So with the new ability to be able command pet actions mid-cast, this makes manual Phys/Adlo spam + Embrace spam a possibility to a large extent.

It also means good luck trying to get Eos to save Whispering Dawn ever again, so.

Edit: Actually more importantly this means you don't have to wait an extra .5 second after Rouse to also pop Fey Illumination for the super-regen. Also means you can Place/Heel midcast. If they ever allow pet macros, just make a /ac "Embrace" <2> or <ft> or <tt> or whatever and she's perfect spambutton. As is you'll just have to work a little harder and spam 2 buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Anyone got a decent pad-only SCH skillbar setup for those of us unfortunately stuck playing on PS3 for the interim? So far mine has worked for me through CM/PR/AK/HM-Ifrit, easy stuff, but have been wanting to optimize it more if that's even possible. Microing pet outside of manual Embrace spam on pad is a pain.

Currently I've got

Skillbar1-

Skillbar2-

Skillbar3-
    Pet skills for cooldown checks if I can afford the time, plus sprint/mount and class swaps

If the pet bar on controller wasn't useless (you have to toggle into it, which mucks up my skillbar swapping flow w/ R1) I'd probably keep it handy. Sure is a great feeling knowing you're trying to keep people alive in the most clumsy manner, on the worst performing version of the game.
    Bar 1:

All major healing on R2 Dpad, reason being that generally if you want to cast a healing spell you need to take your thumb off the analog stick, which prevents miscasting quite a bit.

Face buttons have some general DoTs, the ones I find most useful in a fight. Shadowflare is obvious, Bio 2 last a long time so if I cast I can forget about it for a bit and Bio is instant cast so it's useful to pop while on the move.

L2 face buttons have somewhat critical support abilities. Sprint is here because I dunno, sprint. For the most part, L2 is Aetherflow+abilities like you.

Bar 2 is for abilities I don't use as often or have long cooldowns.

R2 Face has Miasmas and Bane, Bane is not really ever a priority unless you can make it worth well (Garuda, Titan Gaols etc). Ruin is for DPS mode only, I also attached Cleric Stance to it which makes it easier to DPS.

DPad is for pet commands, which might be switching to bar 1 considering the changes. I usually replace pet commands as needed, moving them around.

L2 is for actions rarely used, swiftcast along with summons and rez. Sustain for the occasions you need it, Cleric Stance for DPS (removing since I use the macro version now).

Considering the patch has dropped I will probably reorder my bar again.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It's less healing for more MP.

It's 2x MP cost of Physick but only 1.5x the effective potency (400 vs 300+300).
    First off, that isn't less healing for more MP; that's more healing for more MP (400 vs. 600).

Second, isn't every "higher tier" cure less MP efficient than its predecessor? That's not a particularly compelling argument, particularly for a job that has such good MP generation.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    First off, that isn't less healing for more MP; that's more healing for more MP (400 vs. 600).
    It's less healing for more mp ratio wise...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My take on it is that if you need to spam Adlo-quality heals, you need to alternate between it and Physick. Even if it gets swatted down instantly, no guarantee you won't run into the universal tick making you piss away ~260 MP more than Physick. This shit annoys me when I try to pre-esuna disease on AK final boss.

I wish so bad that Embrace and Embrace weren't 2 different actions. Kind of annoying to have to drag the other one over if I ever need to swap fairies.

Also I'd recommend that for anything to the right of Away/Heel on the pet hotbar, you just make another bind for that and stick it on your keyboard. Lets you use the same bind for other jobs and there's not that many things that need to be bound (Embrace Embrace Place FeyLight, maybe FeyIllumination and Steady but I'm fine with clicking those personally, Obey Contagion for SMN)

Second, isn't every "higher tier" cure less MP efficient than its predecessor? That's not a particularly compelling argument, particularly for a job that has such good MP generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    It's less healing for more mp ratio wise...
    Poor choice of wording but yes I meant HP healed per MP spent.

As for the latter comment, there are only 2 instances of this (Physick and Adloq and Cure 1 and Cure 2).

If your MP is not an issue then no, there isn't any reason to use Physick over Alodq, but if MP isn't an issue then you're not doing anything challenging anyway.

When Caduceus is slamming both of your tanks for quadruple digits and you have to chaincast to keep them above water, you're going to go with the more MP efficient spell (even if it's less healing per cast) because the alternative is being dead in the water waiting on Aetherflow recast.

Another thing to keep in mind in T2+ of the Coil is Energy Drain becomes less usable, it will start to miss and healing gear never has ACC as a secondary stat (afaik).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post

Currently I've got

Skillbar1-

Skillbar2-

Skillbar3-

Some ideas for shortcuts:

EFE/Virus (Neither has the same valid target)
    Sustain/Rouse/Summon (Like Summon1/Rouse and Summon2/Sustain)
    You could *probably* pair res with an offensive spell
    Remove miasma2 until you need to use against crowd mobs imo

You can duplicate macros such as cures and have certain elements alter as you click through the XB. For instance, keep Physick/Lustrate/Leeches/Succor consistent with each XB and have the rest of the elements shift. Even if you have to click through 3 XB, you'll keep access to important elements.

Re: Adloquium

SpiderDan is right about healing when the shield isn't up (MP efficiency is the term Niiro meant) and Seravi is on-point about rotations rather than just physick/adloquium spam. Physick spam is fine if the fight isn't difficult, but if the fight has severe damage, rotate them when you don't use lustrate.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm curious to see how Sch has changed with the removal of SE's stupid "can't control pets while casting" flaw. I'll be watching this thread with interest, as I plan to take Sch up pretty soon.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Some ideas for shortcuts:

Sustain/Rouse/Summon (Like Summon1/Rouse and Summon2/Sustain)
    Wouldn't this give you a Selene summon if you tried to use Sustain on Eos?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wouldn't this give you a Selene summon if you tried to use Sustain on Eos?
    Currently only have Eos macroed to Xbar (Selene to HB), but if you place Rouse/Sustain first, the sustain should take priority. If neither is available (Such as when the pet isn't up), the summon should occur. You wouldn't have a Eos to Selene summon, but you can dismiss the pet prior.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I wish so bad that Embrace and Embrace weren't 2 different actions. Kind of annoying to have to drag the other one over if I ever need to swap fairies.
    What's funny is there's a macro command to set and delete hotkeys, which would be perfect to throw in your summon spells. But the commands don't fucking work with pet skills, even if they did given there's no way to differentiate between "Embrace" and "Embrace" that would break it too no doubt, thanks SE!

Also we need more fucking macro slots.

Way more.

I can think of useful things to do with literally every spell or skill to lessen the need for manual targeting/mistargeting, etc.

100 slots is not enough for 7 jobs with 22 skills each (+5 for ACNs 2nd job).

edit: Also, from the patch notes

An issue wherein Eos/Selene did not use “Embrace” to heal the player under certain circumstances.
    Any idea what this was about?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I tested to see if that was about the recast difference but the recast seems the same as before. Still, I tried some runs earlier and still find heel grants more nuke opportunity than place.

As for macros, if you don't share them (See Char config), you should be able to set unique hotbars for each. I'm working on a setup that would enable 42 inputs for PC while using gamepad (Doable, but I personally wouldn't like some of the input methods) but, for some reason, the game interprets my analog movement as mouse movement. If I could keep gamepad mode while disabling crossbar, that would be an option.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

He's talking about the 100 slots for user macros, not hotbar slots (of which there are 120 + pet hotbar).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just a heads-up for using fairy to bait tail swipe from AK final boss: Stoneskin (for me at least, 3454 HP on fairy) is enough to shield her from one swipe so she won't get the DoT. If you want to keep refreshing it instead of doing Leeches (or just want to precast it so you don't have to worry about it once), that's an option.

I actually tried that out on Caduceus yesterday.

She can take the hits like a champ, kind of hard to keep up tho when things get hectic after the split, can't afford to have to watch her HP as well much less have her locked in a position where her AoEs will miss a lot of people.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Bit gimp and alolmy MSpaint skill but here are my sets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast