1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Dumb question:

Since Place seems to improve the pet AI, is it the same as Stay? I figure the reason Place works is because the AI doesn't have to register where its master is to follow, so logically speaking Stay should work the same.

I just wonder because in certain fights it's much easier to just Heel > Stay, if she got knocked back or something rather than whipping out the target (when using a ps3 controller).

I don't see why there would be any difference, people just prefer Place because if you have that on your bar Stay just becomes redundant.

But yea it's more annoying for gamepad users since area-targeting is much more clunky with analog sticks.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I don't see why there would be any difference,
    Ya I just kinda wanted to make sure since people say Place Place Place! Which would kinda suggest accident rather than intended (accident would be stay wouldn't do the same).

I tend to do it a lot on titan since she's always getting landslide to the face. Since I gather for stomps it's just easier to heel her and put stay while casting succor. Rather then trying to deal with the targetting to put her fairly close to the same spot anyway.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've never used Stay, but logically it should work the same. If I were using a controller, Stay would likely be preferable to me too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Heelstay should work fine (or rather, try it and let me know if she behaves in an oddly stupid fashion). I'll make a mention of it when I get around to editing this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Related, have fun with this:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...r-Fairy!/page4

Oh, I almost forgot, how to people handle their Garuda in movement fights? I am not far in, but I did Howling Eye, and it basically came down to letting her just get tornado to the face with sustain since her range is so huge.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Stay doesn't grant the reduced recast.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Stay doesn't grant the reduced recast.
    That's disappointing. Sounds like a glitch then.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Oh, I almost forgot, how to people handle their Garuda in movement fights? I am not far in, but I did Howling Eye, and it basically came down to letting her just get tornado to the face with sustain since her range is so huge.
    Wait, I read this wrong.

Phase 1 - Position in with the rear DPS.
    Pre-Aerial Burst - If I'm on the right side, I shift over to 10:00/11:00. Tell Garuda to heel, then put her back on Obey
    Phase 2 - Try to space her away from everyone else to avoid Friction damage if she's targetted. During rotations, I move to two points - one at the halfway, then one at the final location (11:00 - 1/2:00 - 3:00 - mid and 6:00 - 8:00 - 10:00)

Sorry if this isn't the thread but i'm not sure the Arcanist thread would be suitable for this either and didn't really want to make a new one for it.

I have one bugbear with Scholar at the moment and it is Adloquim, it is either amazing or complete meh and the inconsistancy is very frustrating of relying on a crit. Weaving it every 3-4 Physick cast seems to work really well for me but I can't help but feel like this ability is crying for something to be added to it to give some flavour to Scholar, some options I thought were;

1) Similar to Free Cure Cast a %proc chance to give Adloquim a higher crit chance.

2) casting x amount of Physick grants a buff and when you get to an amount (probably 10) you get a guaranteed crit

3) Increase the MP cost to give a Potency buff. (Incredibly boring option, but i am swimming in MP on every fight in coil)

Healing in this game as a Scholar feels very bland and basic we have no buffs to increase our healing output, you have nothing to watch for on a proc bases. We bring a lot of poweful cooldowns to the table but these are mainly press and forget. I feel like if these kind of changes were implemented it would add atleast a little bit of Diversity and something to look out for other than "ooh shit my tank took a big hit better lustrate"

Any thoughts or am I just rambling cause i'm incredibly bored at work?

We get a healing buff from Eos and it's party wide, meaning it benefits you, your fairy, and your WHM

Not crazy about a freecure like system as it kind of sucks on WHM (too random, never seems to proc when you actually need it, often goes unnoticed in hectic situations).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As far as I'm concerned Adlo crits are our Freecure system (or more like our Overcure system).

In other news, war stories of bad DF AK tanks yields hilarious fairy antics. Placed fairy in such a spot that if a non-tank needed a heal, she would move to heal them. Like 90% of the time she did it this fight, she also dodged Tail Swipe when she did (via statue LoS block).

Made some edits to first two posts as outlined. Related, one thing I've started doing (or intentionally done more at least) is using Eos' WD regen holyfuckIhavehate thing proactively to tank trash or boss adds. Really can't be understated how much punishment pets can take (though Dullahans will fuck them right up).

I considered the Fairy healing increase to be a cooldown, don't get me wrong Scholar cooldowns are pretty damn strong and the utility they bring are great but as i mentioned they are pretty much press and forget abilities.

I agree at the moment Adloquim is like the Free cure system in place, probably even better since we can get a higher value than 15%, but that doesn't make it any less bland.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MrSamuels View Post
    I considered the Fairy healing increase to be a cooldown, don't get me wrong Scholar cooldowns are pretty damn strong and the utility they bring are great but as i mentioned they are pretty much press and forget abilities.

I agree at the moment Adloquim is like the Free cure system in place, probably even better since we can get a higher value than 15%, but that doesn't make it any less bland.
    I really have no idea what you're asking for. The suggestions you mentioned would not change SCH gameplay in a meaningful way and would only end up being throwaway gimmicks like WHM's free cures.

Personally, I hate baby sitting buffs, cooldowns and random procs. I prefer gameplay where you react to what's visually going on in the battle rather than timers and gimmicky class mechanics.

Right now I can heal anything other than AoE damage with a Physick + Embrace mouse macro, I could and do use Adloquim but it I don't have too, if I don't use it the tank isn't suddenly going to die because I didn't use Adloquim. These changes were an idea to make a healing spell which is supposed to be a signature Scholar move a little more interesting.

Anyone notice that if you Steady your pet too quickly after using Whispering Dawn that the regen doesn't take effect? Everything else is pretty fast but WD always takes a second or two, then she pops the rest of the buffs if they're up as well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

WD has a cast time and if you cancel it (Place, Heel, basically order anything) the CD will not be refunded.

It's pretty dumb.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I normally do Rouse -> Illumination -> Dawn, give her a few secs to burn Covenant (which isn't on my main hotbar), then Steady.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Rouse>Illumination is enough unless you're doing it in advance; unless everybody is capped off she'll do Dawn next on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    WD has a cast time and if you cancel it (Place, Heel, basically order anything) the CD will not be refunded.

It's pretty dumb.
    Seems like it. It's a pretty big gap in control, especially if you like the idea of a manual fairy. Been getting used to it but this is really annoying me that it cancels the action. There's no reason these orders should cancel casting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast