1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Target's target defaults to T (I believe), but you may have already rebound that.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah half of my keybinds are pretty unrecognizable at this point compared to default.
    WASD = movement
    QEZXG = hotbar stuff
    R = map toggle
    F/+shift = shift to focus/set focus
    T = target last enemy (this is really fucking good for Garuda when you can't get true line of sight while hiding, also helps snap right to Titan/Ifrit after their untargetable period during 2hr)
    C/V/+shift = equipment, actions, items, armory chest

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyata Rofii
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    Random scholar question from a tank (plan to do SCH someday, but not yet)...

Garuda HM, mainly DF folks (so I'm playin the lottery). Have zero issues clearing it with FC or even just a decent PUG.

When the sisters spawn, especially the first pack, it is almost impossible to get red off of Eos before she's already ripped the mages to shreds with Slipstreams and Downdrafts. I never see it with Selene, but that could just be random dumb luck.

If I see someone with Eos out, especially someone new to the fight, is there advice I can give them for the sisters phase? I don't even understand where there's so much hate at that part. We're mostly full health, Garuda has warped away and is taking her sweet time getting back to the group. As MT I never have issues grabbing Garuda, but as OT the red sister (both, typically) will beeline for Eos and tear up the group.

From a tank perspective I try to wait until the last second when hate is highest and voke, then spam highest available threat GCDs I can - but even then it's sometimes not enough. It's like Eos is just spamming shit and holding hate.
    Only thing you can suggest in DF runs is that the SCHs set their fairy on Obey so she doesn't randomly cast Whispering Dawn before sisters pop. I suppose the same goes for WHMs and Regen.

I'm usually the off-tank in DF Garuda runs as a WAR, and I always notice the sisters just heading straight to the healers or fairies. The only way I can pull them off is opening with Provoke+Tomahawk. Without Provoke they'll pretty much stay glued for a few rounds to whoever cast Regen.

It's crazy how much hate Regen generated honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they change that at some point because of all the complaints you hear.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kyata View Post
    Only thing you can suggest in DF runs is that the SCHs set their fairy on Steady so she doesn't randomly cast Whispering Dawn before sisters pop
    fixed

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What acc does SMN need for Coil?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Roughly 432 from the posts I've read about magic accuracy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How many macros do you have at this moment for SMN ?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

As for macros, I only use 1 myself:

/micon "Virus"
    /ac "Virus" <t>
    /ac "Eye for an Eye" <t>

Self explanatory, these never have a conflicting target so it's a good spam button for whatever you need at the time.
    Only added one other macro since then, and it's only "needed" if you use Legacy control.

/micon "Ruin"
    /ac "Ruin" <t>
    /facetarget

Only purpose of this is a spam button to keep target facing (by this I mean like you cast Miasma then spam this button if target is moving). You don't want to do this for every single spell because this will prevent you from buffering inputs. I just use Ruin for this because I shouldn't be casting it that often if all is going well (as SCH anyways).

Oh, for SMN I guess you might also want Spur and Rouse on the same button maybe?

/micon "Spur"
    /ac "Spur" <me>
    /ac "Rouse" <me>

Keep in mind this is a "spam button", not "automatic". Multiple things without a wait just executes the first available. This is just to reduce hotbar space used.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys,

Sorry if this question ben asked already but gotta ask... i been looking for a BiS info for smn. any ideas where i can find this.... and also do people dodge thunder... coz i love the spell

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Throwing practicality and feasibility out the window and just comparing the i90 stuff (Allagan vs Mythology stuff) piece by piece I'd say...

Allagan weapon
    Myth head
    Myth body
    Hands I dunno, probably Allagan if they drop unless the acc on Myth is better here than elsewhere
    Allagan legs
    Allagan feet
    Allagan belt
    Myth neck
    Allagan earring
    Myth wrist
    Myth ring (but you can have both so whatever)

This is favoring a crit > det > doyoureallyneedspellspeed priority for secondary stats. Don't know if you'd need to sacrifice a slot for accuracy somewhere but this is kind of a wish list... list in general.

If you want a list tailored more to i70 gear, dunno shouldn't be that hard to pick between DL and HQ i70 crafted per slot (with acc goal for Coil being ~435 I believe) but I'll take a closer look if a SMN doesn't beat me to it.

And yeah there's no reason not to use Thunder. More potency/GCD than just another Ruin.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

hey

sorry to ask yet another question that might of already been asked and paybe in the wrong place.

The question is, this there a dps meter that shows almost accurately a smn dmg/dps from spells/DoTs/Pet mixed into one?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Dunno about parsers that track dots accurately yet, sorry.

Probably not news but something I've been doing in DF AK for groups that can't kill wall before/just after 2nd repel:

-After mid/side/mid/side, pop Rouse+Illumination(+WD but should be automatic as we know).
    -As soon as repel finishes cast, Place her at left or right edge (opposite of the side party sticks to for dodging; if you split up I'm sorry for you).
    -Probably will need a Sustain and maybe 1-2 heals if your DPS is slow, but she should be able to tank the gnats fine and their AoE shouldn't bother the rest of the party.

Hopefully it doesn't drag on past 3rd repel otherwise you might need to move her back to mid.

I also do this for Garuda HM sometimes for sisters, but placement there can get dodgy.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No parse works yet for DoT. Logrep doesn't account for contagion, bane, or raging strikes.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For the benefit of any SCHs new to SCHing AK, gonna post my pull by pull rundown of What I Do in the average DF group (no sac pulling, just the obvious skips). This assumes your DPS aren't complete idiots (for dodging wall) and your tank isn't complete ass (at staying alive) and/or has really bad gear.

General:
    -2+ mobs that aren't cultists / 3+ mobs: Shadow Flare it
    -Bane everything
    -Cleric up 90% of the time, Steady Place'd Eos is sufficient for everything except bad situations where you have like a pack and a Dullahan or something, and even then you probably do like 1-2 heals tops.
    -Cultists in general: Void Call one should be dead by the time you even try DoTs so just ignore it generally and let DPS burst it down.
    -"Big pull" = pop Rouse+Illu+WD, and toss Eye for an Eye on tank pre-pull

To flayer:
    2x cultists- see general, cleric off and Adlo tank on way to next (I try to do this for all pulls)
    3x hippo - big pull
    2x hippo / dullahan / dullahan - Virus on Dullahan just 'cause
    courtyard hippo or 1/2x dullahan
    3x cultists - big pull
    First boss - Shouldn't have to heal at all unless tank eats a void thunder (why) or mind melt + obliterate hits at same time. Maybe a succor occasionally.

To demon wall:
    2x gargoyles
    brontotaur + 2x hound lights - big pull; may want to save eye for next pull or vice versa
    3x gargoyles
    (skipped the accessory chest dullahan)
    2x gargoyles
    (skipped bronto+hound light)
    1x dullahan (should be able to skip by hugging corner of the L but most DF groups kill it)
    3x gargoyles / 2x brontotaur + hound light - 2 big pulls, split or whatever
    1x dullahan
    Demon Wall - If you have this fight down to a T you should be able to move Eos to dodge stuff though it's not necessary in the slightest; I keep her in middle otherwise. Be in autoattack range, spam dots, throw up a Succor pre-repel maybe. If gnats are gonna be alive at all, pop Rouse+Illumination+WD before 2nd repel, then after Repel casts move her to opposite edge from the party (Sustain probably needed if fight drags on for more than like 5 seconds) and continue burning down wall.

To final boss:
    "big pulls" - first trio, last trio hanging with 3rd succubus. Everything else on this floor is straightforward for the average DF group

Boss: Let tank position, start dots. Unless tank has really gimp gear or whatever you shouldn't really need to heal beyond removing Disease. If fight drags on past 2nd catastrophe and you need to run from purple, pop Rouse+Eos stuff. Try not to place Eos "inside" of boss since it'll move him slightly; she can eat catastrophe if needed. Doesn't hurt her much at all.

Probably nothing novel to seasoned healers but I know some people new to healing are a little unsure when it's safe to not have to heal.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I didn't see it mentioned, but is there a reason why a SMN wouldn't use Aero as well?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

SMN can't. Summoner only gets Archer + Thaumaturge skills.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hmmm. Wonder why they'd bother putting SMN in the Aero tooltip if they can't use it.

You're right, that's odd.

Maybe WHM was one of SMN's subs in some earlier phase and it's just an oversight they never corrected.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For Lunatics, I would suggest just starting on the MNK type rather than throwing attacks on the summoner. Your damage shouldn't suffer because the goal of SCH DMG is to get the maximum out of DoTs. The earlier you start them, the better your damage.

Against the Dahak, I've had much more opportunity to cure if you don't place her behind the tail swing. Even theoretically, not using tail swing enhances damage because, otherwise, you're essentially forcing the equivalent of a breath attack (Since the sole action you take for breaths and tail swipes is leeches, they're essentially the same distraction from your damage).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello!
    This seems to be the right place to ask my question about SMN. I'm re-rolling from WHM, and as I understand it, for best DPS I should go with some HQ melded Vanya pieces. I am planning on doing hat, chest, feet. My first question is, what are the materia caps for each. Second, am I correct in assuming that I should get relic +1 first? After that, what is the best suggested acquisition order?
    Thanks in advance to anyone who will bother helping out ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast