1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    For Lunatics, I would suggest just starting on the MNK type rather than throwing attacks on the summoner. Your damage shouldn't suffer because the goal of SCH DMG is to get the maximum out of DoTs. The earlier you start them, the better your damage.

Against the Dahak, I've had much more opportunity to cure if you don't place her behind the tail swing. Even theoretically, not using tail swing enhances damage because, otherwise, you're essentially forcing the equivalent of a breath attack (Since the sole action you take for breaths and tail swipes is leeches, they're essentially the same distraction from your damage).
    Noted, I'll adjust to that. Working better than the token attacks I was doing on void caller.

Been forever since I didn't put fairy behind and damn, not really that helpful after all. Gonna dummy that tip out there and in OP.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    You're right, that's odd.

Maybe WHM was one of SMN's subs in some earlier phase and it's just an oversight they never corrected.
    Yeah, it's likely just an outdated tooltip. I'm still leveling my Arcanist, so I wasn't able to check for myself. Damn... I got excited thinking Aero would be a great DOT to have on SMN.

On an unrelated note, has anyone discussed the possibility that the debuff cap on mobs is going to pose a "challenge" in 24 man content? It's already apparent doing FATEs that it's an issue. GW2 has a low debuff limit on mobs, and it renders some classes like a DOT spec'd Necromancer useless in bigger world events.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Kind of weird minor thing I've been noticing since I started making fairy dodge on Demon Wall (lol) with Place: to an extent it SEEMS like the server updates the pet's position the purposes of dodging AoE instantly. I've moved her out of the goo pretty late sometimes and she still dodges. Obviously they still have travel time for the purposes of "stop moving, start casting", but just something interesting I observed.

It's probably just simple latency, think about how often other players seemingly right inside a plume on your screen come out without a scratch.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'm curious, for those Scholars doing Coil, which faerie are you using? I've been using Eos, but I read elsewhere of others recommending Selene since her buffs are more noticeable as people start to gear up.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pepinot View Post
    I'm curious, for those Scholars doing Coil, which faerie are you using? I've been using Eos, but I read elsewhere of others recommending Selene since her buffs are more noticeable as people start to gear up.
    For me it depends on how comfortable your group is with each coil. I learned each coil using Eos as a crutch, but now I use Selene on turn 1 and turn 2 trash. Then I switch to Eos before turn 2 ADS. Turn 3 and 4 I then use Selene again. If we ever have problems Ill switch back to Eos to use her, again, as a crutch. I see Selene as more of a gift for your group when you can handle the coils np. As far as Turn 5 goes it seems like Eos is the way to go, but I don't know for sure yet.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Druin View Post
    For me it depends on how comfortable your group is with each coil. I learned each coil using Eos as a crutch, but now I use Selene on turn 1 and turn 2 trash. Then I switch to Eos before turn 2 ADS. Turn 3 and 4 I then use Selene again. If we ever have problems Ill switch back to Eos to use her, again, as a crutch. I see Selene as more of a gift for your group when you can handle the coils np. As far as Turn 5 goes it seems like Eos is the way to go, but I don't know for sure yet.
    I'll second this. I do/did the same thing.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Confirmation from the OF

Greetings,

I just wanted to let you know a bit about "Bane" and that we are planning to make adjustments to the action help text.

“Bane” can spread to up to three enemies. We balanced it in this way due to the fact that the action from the Garuda egi extends effect durations to the point where you can maintain close to a 30 second DoT, arcanists can utilize other magic, and pets deal their own damage.

Compared to black mage’s “Fire II,” it’s somewhat inferior as burst damage, but depending on the situation “Bane” can deal more damage, so consider that fact that different situations lend themselves to different jobs.

We apologize that the number of enemies “Bane” spreads to is not written clearly and we will be adjusting this in patch 2.1.

What's ppl opinion on Allagan Boots of Healing for SCH?

I'm going for a crit+ build so I've been using Spruce Pattens, but it's the second time Boots drop on my T2 and I'm starting to wonder if it's woth losing all that mind for that crit+.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    What's ppl opinion on Allagan Boots of Healing for SCH?

I'm going for a crit+ build so I've been using Spruce Pattens, but it's the second time Boots drop on my T2 and I'm starting to wonder if it's woth losing all that mind for that crit+.
    Af2 boots for sch

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I like crit as much as the next guy but I think 6 MND beats what Spruce Pattens are giving, sorry (not to mention slightly more VIT as well).

Between the 2 i90s I'd prefer the myth AF boots but you already have Allagan now so no rush.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I really love both the SMN and SCH jobs, so decided to make two characters for each so that I can play both effectively and efficiently, cause I honestly can't be bothered to farm seals everytime I change jobs in order to optimise stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I like crit as much as the next guy but I think 6 MND beats what Spruce Pattens are giving, sorry (not to mention slightly more VIT as well).

Between the 2 i90s I'd prefer the myth AF boots but you already have Allagan now so no rush.
    Sadly, I passed. <_<

Oh well, I'll get them next time they drop, the WHM with me already has it and I don't need many coil drops anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What do people meld on Hat of healing?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This says it will cap at 11 Det, 5 Crit, 16 Spell Speed. Doesn't seem to be anything else relevant to put on it.

I'd do Spell speed III + Spell speed III + Spell speed II + Crit II

Leaves you 1 crit shy of cap but fuck spending potentially hundreds of thousands shattering Crit IIIs for only 1 more stat. If you really wanted to you could try filling the 5th spot with a crit I, super low odds but at least you won't be spending more on shattered materia than the hat itself cost.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post

Very true considering the ratios between primary stats (Mind/dex/etc) and secondary stats (crit/determ/skillspeed) is like 1: (5-10), for most classes the gearing process in this game is pretty simple. Almost never will a lower ilvl piece beat out a higher ilvl piece because of the absurd weight of primary stats.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'd do Spell speed III + Spell speed III + Spell speed II + Crit II

Leaves you 1 crit shy of cap but fuck spending potentially hundreds of thousands shattering Crit IIIs for only 1 more stat. If you really wanted to you could try filling the 5th spot with a crit I, super low odds but at least you won't be spending more on shattered materia than the hat itself cost.
    Why SPS over DTR?

I'd say AimIII + MightIII + MightIII + MightII.

I'd value getting spells off a bit faster than a few (probably single digits) points more healed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Druin View Post
    For Caudceus you definitely want Selene, IMO, because Eos' abilities don't really do much there. You benefit from the +20% healing buff but the regen and magic def go largely to waste.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast