1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'd value getting spells off a bit faster than a few (probably single digits) points more healed.
    Milliseconds of speed vs. single digits of points is not compelling either way, but I thought everyone had come to the conclusion that SKS and SPS were the worst bonuses (besides over-the-cap ACC).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    For Caudceus you definitely want Selene, IMO, because Eos' abilities don't really do much there. You benefit from the +20% healing buff but the regen and magic def go largely to waste.
    Not sure why you're saying that fight wastes the regen.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Not sure why you're saying that fight wastes the regen.
    He is saying that because the snake is very much a fight where the tank needs to be staying at full hp the whole time. Regen effects really only seem to shine on fights where people can afford to stay at lower amounts of hp for longer periods of time. Sure you could argue that the regen would be useful for your allies, but at the end of the day if they get hit with poison chances are they are not in any danger of dying and you could just let your fairy heal them anyways.
    Titan is another great example of this. For titan, people need to be (or should be rather) at top hp pretty much the whole time, ergo regen is very much wasted. Regen wont proc and wont be necessary for the stomps and people should be back up to full at the end of the stomps anyway, in which case regen ticks are fading into the abyss.

edit: Also on my previous post I realize how it sounds. I meant I use Selene for ALL of turn 1 (boss and all) and turn 2 TRASH, not just the trash mobs for both turns.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe you use a different strategy, but I usually have to soro heal the cloned snake and keeping the tank at capped HP the entire fight doesn't seem possible.

What's ppl take on iLevel 70 stuff for SCH? Vanya seems honestly a waste of time for what it takes to make it, and AF2/Allagan is definitely better... accessories on other hand, the fact that you can meld +VIT on it make them definitely more interesting.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

9 MND, 12 crit, 9 VIT, vs 13 MND, 16 crit (comparing melded Astral Ring with Hero Ring)

I'd side with Hero stuff for super ideal BiS but melded accessories would definitely be serviceable and not cost Myth.

I prefer my Vanya robe (27 crit) over DL cowl and it'll probably be the last upgrade to i90 I do if I have a choice in it. Sadly it's the reason I "had to" upgrade to Myth hat first (after +1 relic)

New Merits
    BG Level

Maybe you use a different strategy, but I usually have to soro heal the cloned snake and keeping the tank at capped HP the entire fight doesn't seem possible.
    I solo heal it as well, but I am sspamming heals and preheals to keep my tank topped. Are those small regen ticks going to really make a differenced when the tanks hp is staying around/at full? I find it more usefull to kill the boss faster with selene buffs than my tank get a small bit of hp inbetween my physick/adlo/embrace/lustrate bombs
    I find regen effects more useful to top people in raid without directly curing them moreso than for the tanks

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    What's ppl take on iLevel 70 stuff for SCH? Vanya seems honestly a waste of time for what it takes to make it, and AF2/Allagan is definitely better... accessories on other hand, the fact that you can meld +VIT on it make them definitely more interesting.
    Melded Spruce Pattens vs. AF2 boots is basically CRT+16 DTR+11 vs. MND+6 (SPS+15 PIE+5). At a very minimum, Spruce would be a killer "stopgap."

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Druin View Post
    I solo heal it as well, but I am sspamming heals and preheals to keep my tank topped. Are those small regen ticks going to really make a differenced when the tanks hp is staying around/at full? I find it more usefull to kill the boss faster with selene buffs than my tank get a small bit of hp inbetween my physick/adlo/embrace/lustrate bombs
    I find regen effects more useful to top people in raid without directly curing them moreso than for the tanks
    With our positioning, the fairy's buff shouldn't reach the DPS unless you're positioning her at the DPS? Or did you mean improve PLD DPS? I could try this next coil and compare though. I'm pretty sure the scale stacks are why the regen helps, but if you overcome that through faster DPS, that's a better solution.

http://xivdb.com/?item/4079/Vanya-Sash-of-Healing

Getting one of these, tips for the melds in a way it doesn't cost me a fortune? (I'm thinking of using mostly I-II rather than IV)

I'd probably go Crit>Det>Piety

New Merits
    BG Level

With our positioning, the fairy's buff shouldn't reach the DPS unless you're positioning her at the DPS? Or did you mean improve PLD DPS? I could try this next coil and compare though. I'm pretty sure the scale stacks are why the regen helps, but if you overcome that through faster DPS, that's a better solution.
    Ahhh yea thats prob where we differ on the subject. My group tanks the the snakes at the opposite ends between the teleporter (which is where I generally stand unless I need to move closer to my assigned tanked. We have 1 of our ranged dps on the highrise behind where I stand and a few more scattered about. Selene's buff range is actually pretty good so I generally have 5ish people hit (+/- like 1 or 2) including myself at all times. I just feel like Eos' extra healing isnt necessary for my group and Selene lets us kill faster, even if only a bit. But hey I am a big believer in the "If it works for your group, go for it" mentality.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So after finally crossing over that hump of maximum complacency, I'm starting to use Selene more because my eyes are open to how little I'm really taking advantage of Eos (I basically just use her for Demon Wall / Garuda sisters off-tank in weak-ish DPS groups now, pre-Coil at least). I can't say I feel .10 of a second making a difference, but I'm sure it is. Her silence actually seems pretty responsive too when used manually.

Just need to get used to not forgetting Selene buffs.

New Merits
    BG Level

I think the big thing to remember is that it is your whole party (or should be at least half of it) that benefit from Selene's buffs not just the SCH him/herself. The speed increase may seem minimal at first glance, but when you take into account all of your dps thats pretty damn good, especially in an 8man.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There's also the fact that the better geared your party gets, the greater the increase she adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    So after finally crossing over that hump of maximum complacency, I'm starting to use Selene more because my eyes are open to how little I'm really taking advantage of Eos (I basically just use her for Demon Wall / Garuda sisters off-tank in weak-ish DPS groups now, pre-Coil at least). I can't say I feel .10 of a second making a difference, but I'm sure it is. Her silence actually seems pretty responsive too when used manually.

Just need to get used to not forgetting Selene buffs.
    A shame she tends to blow her silence on stupid shit when left alone.

Stop trying to silence repelling cannons, ffs. :/

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Jesus yeah always have her on Obey for Chimera, ADS, anything that needs it. Having to use manual both auras is a small price to pay for not messing with silence rotation. Though if a SCH was on point they could probably have her silence that manually but that's asking a lot.

Though right now I'm using Eos for t1-2, Selene for 4 (first "real" night in coil).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How much have you guys nuked during coil while using Selene? After reading the Selene craze, I've tried to take advantage of Eos' regen by nuking more often.

Turn 1: DPS during ADS, trash mobs, and prior to the clone for the main NM
    Turn 2: Coordinate with WHM to use Rouse+Illu+WD and their regen to basically nuke the majority of the fight for trash mobs; ADS is fine to DPS at the start of the fight, but you typically need to remove clerics after roughly one or two rounds of debuffs
    Turn 4: Usually use regen to throw Shadow Flare, but we have the WHM hory spam this turn, so less room to nuke

New Merits
    BG Level

I can generally dps pretty well with Selene when I try to. Although I become very lazy when it comes to it. Most of the time I'd rather ready a Stoneskin inbetween heals than toss a DoT or set of DoTs. The only time I really dps is Trash for turn 1 and the first set of bugs for Turn 4 (since that part can be solo healed we have our WHM heal and I tend to DoT and bane shadow flare and Miasma II). Though tbh with my group I dont really need to DPS much, everything dies pretty quick cause we've been in Coils for a bit and have gotten decent drops.

T2: The 3 Nodes, I could DPS a little during ADS first 10%, but I never felt I had to honestly.

T4: A lot actually, Wave 1, then i throw some DoT on Solider (iirc) while I heal my tank, all Wave 3 & 4. After it i stop for obvious reasons.

T1 is an odd case for me, because honestly it still the one I feel less comfortable with for some reasons, so I use Eos full time and prefer throw the other tank some Adlo when I'm not busy. :X

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I had a fun little experiment last night in AK (straight kill run, no sacpulls):

WAR SCH SCH SCH (2 Selene 1 Eos)

Fulltime Cleric Stance, fulltime Fey Glow, all healing from fairies only and spam DPS. 3 SCH was too much healing so we tried again with WAR SCH SCH BRD (Requiem) and it worked pretty well. Once we get early death DoT clipping issues resolved (less DoTs, more Ruin2 spam) it might be able to outpace tank/DD/DD/heal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast