1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To be fair, what other mechanism is there if you did want to cancel a cast?

I'd rather be able to spam Steady to interrupt whatever she's doing, though you shouldn't lose the CD until it activates. (Similarly, Surecast would be slightly less useless if it stayed up until you completed a cast, instead of being consumed by the first cast attempt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Heel, probably Guard too.

Regardless, if Obey just did what it was supposed to do none of this would be a problem.

I'd rather be able to spam Steady to interrupt whatever she's doing, though you shouldn't lose the CD until it activates. (Similarly, Surecast would be slightly less useless if it stayed up until you completed a cast, instead of being consumed by the first cast attempt.)
    Why would you want to cancel it? If you accidentally used anything other than WD there's nothing you can do about it, so why can you not only cancel WD but do so in a way that does nothing AND blows the cooldown?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Random scholar question from a tank (plan to do SCH someday, but not yet)...

Garuda HM, mainly DF folks (so I'm playin the lottery). Have zero issues clearing it with FC or even just a decent PUG.

When the sisters spawn, especially the first pack, it is almost impossible to get red off of Eos before she's already ripped the mages to shreds with Slipstreams and Downdrafts. I never see it with Selene, but that could just be random dumb luck.

If I see someone with Eos out, especially someone new to the fight, is there advice I can give them for the sisters phase? I don't even understand where there's so much hate at that part. We're mostly full health, Garuda has warped away and is taking her sweet time getting back to the group. As MT I never have issues grabbing Garuda, but as OT the red sister (both, typically) will beeline for Eos and tear up the group.

From a tank perspective I try to wait until the last second when hate is highest and voke, then spam highest available threat GCDs I can - but even then it's sometimes not enough. It's like Eos is just spamming shit and holding hate.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I want opinion on people about what's best in slot for evey slot (sch) between (af2/allagan/vanya/astral/spruce)

After talking with some people they almost all tell me to go crafted ilv70 for the critical melds but I can't seem to loose mind and vit just to gain crit

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I want opinion on people about what's best in slot for evey slot (sch) between (af2/allagan/vanya/astral/spruce)

After talking with some people they almost all tell me to go crafted ilv70 for the critical melds but I can't seem to loose mind and vit just to gain crit
    I are disapoint....
    crafted ilvl70 NQ W/ or W/o melds = to something inbetween AK gear and DL gear
    crafted ilvl70 HQ W/o melds = equal to darklight
    crafted ilvl70 HQ W melds = Better than Darklight
    Allagan + AF90 gear better than all that.

This is for all classes, for all equipment slots.

Those people weren't talking about allagan and/or AF90 gear... which should be obviously the best in slot.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    I are disapoint....
    crafted ilvl70 NQ W/ or W/o melds = to something inbetween AK gear and DL gear
    crafted ilvl70 HQ W/o melds = equal to darklight
    crafted ilvl70 HQ W melds = Better than Darklight
    Allagan + AF90 gear better than all that.

This is for all classes, for all equipment slots.

Those people weren't talking about allagan and/or AF90 gear... which should be obviously the best in slot.
    Thank god I'm not that dumb yet

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    If I see someone with Eos out, especially someone new to the fight, is there advice I can give them for the sisters phase? I don't even understand where there's so much hate at that part. We're mostly full health, Garuda has warped away and is taking her sweet time getting back to the group. As MT I never have issues grabbing Garuda, but as OT the red sister (both, typically) will beeline for Eos and tear up the group.

From a tank perspective I try to wait until the last second when hate is highest and voke, then spam highest available threat GCDs I can - but even then it's sometimes not enough. It's like Eos is just spamming shit and holding hate.
    Whispering Dawn is probably what's screwing you. Think Medica II dumbass WHM levels of hate. Now if the SCH knows what the fuck they're doing (most do not, especially in DF, especially if they have relic in DF), they CAN actually use this smart and park Eos where an offtank would be and have her kind of supertank 1 or both sisters until hate stabilizes or whatever.

However most SCHs are as mentioned complete idiots (letting Eos blow CDs, NOT USING PLACE, Lustrate panic) who are playing the wrong job. If this whole response seems full of hate it's because they rustle my jimmies.

So in short the advice I'd give:
    -"Do you put Eos on Steady?"

If they have no idea what you're talking about, prepare for trouble.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Whispering Dawn is probably what's screwing you. Think Medica II dumbass WHM levels of hate. Now if the SCH knows what the fuck they're doing (most do not, especially in DF, especially if they have relic in DF), they CAN actually use this smart and park Eos where an offtank would be and have her kind of supertank 1 or both sisters until hate stabilizes or whatever.

However most SCHs are as mentioned are complete idiots (letting Eos blow CDs, NOT USING PLACE, Lustrate panic) who are playing the wrong job. If this whole response seems full of hate it's because they rustle my jimmies.

Pet macro would really make this easier on gamepad

/pet embrace <t>
    /wait 3
    /pet "steady"

Heaven

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

However most SCHs are as mentioned complete idiots (letting Eos blow CDs, NOT USING PLACE, Lustrate panic) who are playing the wrong job. If this whole response seems full of hate it's because they rustle my jimmies.

Thank you that's very helpful.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank god I'm not that dumb yet
    ahhhhh, i'm still disapoint but i see what your question was.... my apologize.

check out the Allagan vs. AF90 gear comparison thread that slycer made.

order of importance on stats for sch: MND> CRIT> DET=SS=Piety

Mnd is obvious, Crit is because of their shield heal, when it crits the size of the shield crits also

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Heel, probably Guard too.
    I'd rather have the ability that tells the pet "stop doing things" cancel actions than the abilities for "come to me" and "do a specified set of moves".

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Why would you want to cancel it? If you accidentally used anything other than WD there's nothing you can do about it, so why can you not only cancel WD but do so in a way that does nothing AND blows the cooldown?
    Why I would want to cancel things isn't really the point. You had people complaining that Away was a completely useless command before it was known that pets can get aggroed.

The fact that WD blows the cooldown when cancelled is unfortunate and should be fixed, but that isn't a necessary feature of an option to cancel an action.

Pet macro would really make this easier on gamepad

/pet embrace <t>
    /wait 3
    /pet "steady"
    As long as the Place AI stays as is, macroing Embrace would be of limited value. Fairy spams it so quickly that you don't have much time to input a valid Embrace command.

My current personal aim is Vanya hat, gloves, & Spruce Pattens (all melded) with AF2 body/legs. I don't recall which of the three crafted pieces were because I expect long waits on Allagan, though.

Why I would want to cancel things isn't really the point. You had people complaining that Away was a completely useless command before it was known that pets can get aggroed.

The fact that WD blows the cooldown when cancelled is unfortunate and should be fixed, but that isn't a necessary feature of an option to cancel an action.
    Why isn't it the point? This has nothing to do with Away, the fact that it eats your CD is icing on a shitty cake, but the problem is that you can cancel this shit in the first place. I'd be happier to accidentally use WD and have it work. But even if I could cancel it, it doesn't fix the problem if the fairy blowing all her other CDs as soon as it finishes casting (so now you're just wasting more time on fairy micro). You being able to cancel it creates more gaps in control.

It's an undesirable effect and there's no reason it should work on WD and nothing else (there's no reason it should work at all).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So when you say that there is no reason cancelling a pet command should work at all, I presume you think the LV40 abilities will be the last pet abilities you get until LV99?

The problem is not that you can cancel pet actions. That is a good thing, since it gives you more control over your pet. Losing CDs on a cancelled ability is the problem.

And the other issue of fairy immediately blowing all the other CDs is the fault of a) pet automatically goes into Guard when issued a command on Steady or b) Obey needs a different AI (take your pick). Cancelling actions is not the problem there, either.

This is a stupid argument, if Obey simply worked for fairies like it does for SMN pets none of this would be an issue.

SE needs to fix fairy's Obey to work the way it's supposed to, end of story.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Rouse>Illumination is enough unless you're doing it in advance; unless everybody is capped off she'll do Dawn next on her own.
    Tried this and there is a slight issue: WD has a shorter recast than Illumination.

I presume you think the LV40 abilities will be the last pet abilities you get until LV99?
    lol

Stop presuming shit, you're bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    This is a stupid argument, if Obey simply worked for fairies like it does for SMN pets none of this would be an issue.

SE needs to fix fairy's Obey to work the way it's supposed to, end of story.
    I agree, on both counts.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Tried this and there is a slight issue: WD has a shorter recast than Illumination.
    WD shares CD with Rouse though, so you can just have one WD without Illumination.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

WD shares CD with Rouse though, so you can just have one WD without Illumination.
    That would make the original idea kind of moot though. My understanding is that you would do this to save HB/XB space since if you're hitting WD before the pixie uses the move, you're gaining a benefit anyways (Faster WD). If you do save the HB/XB space though, you'll need a way to move her out of Steady without the use of Illumination.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hm, on my part I just click any pet commands that aren't Heel/Away/Place/(SMN) Obey since they're generally infrequent so not really sure what to say there.

Semi-related, only recently occurred to me that spacebar is something you can keybind. I've been using Fey Light on ctrl+spacebar (when I ever remember to try Selene again; it's really hard to not love Eos post-pet changes) and "shift to target's target" on shift+spacebar. I keep tank on focus target so it helps when I want to make sure I'm dot'ing the right thing without fishing via mouse, even when all the enemies have markings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast