1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This was in the same run, no exiting and re-entering, so we couldn't really troll with place. I do recall that my Garuda was blinking and sorta rubber banding behind me on the attempt where she yoloed on me. Both of us walked over the tiles that seemed "bugged" to ground AoEs like Shadow Flare though so I dunno if that may have set them off in some weird way. Those shenanigans had me paranoid at every boss encounter after though wondering if my pet was gonna kill me like those glorious pulls in AK.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    The new Pet AI caused some shenanigans for my coil group on T1 yesterday. When the SCH walked past the snake, Selene just beelined to it and pulled it before we were ready. The next attempt, once I got into position, Garuda just flew to the boss with no command given to her and no aggro on anyone since we had't pulled the boss yet. Really weird behavior that never happened pre-patch.
    Also happened to me in Turn 1 yesterday and it's never happened before now, on he plus side though that bitch finally dropped me some delicious Allagan gloves of Healing.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

During our recent turn 1, EoS ran back and forth between the character position and the entrance to the BC (Not the zone entrance). I've had her aggro prepatch, but that seems unrelated to the previously mentioned issue.

So are they not revoking the stat changes on ilvl 90 gear?

Do I get to keep the crit on my circlet of healing?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They are revoking the change to Casting Boots, Healing Head/legs at a later date.

.....why?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

No reason given that I know of, though I know there was a lot of bitching about casting boots. Dunno why for the healing pieces.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Garuda decided to stand behind Antaboga everytime I used Shadow Flare in AK today. This is after placing her where I usually position myself for the majority of that fight. There's something pretty odd going on with their shuffling about.

When I ran into the boss arena for turn 1 this week, Garuda decided she'd had enough and started heading back to the Coil entrance.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    No reason given that I know of, though I know there was a lot of bitching about casting boots. Dunno why for the healing pieces.
    I'm guilty of this. Changing my ACC + Crit to Spell Speed + Det? You bet I'm going to be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    When I ran into the boss arena for turn 1 this week, Garuda decided she'd had enough and started heading back to the Coil entrance.
    I had that happen. I kept telling Garuda to heel and she was pretty much saying 'Fuck you' and ignoring my Heel command. Then once we went in she tried to attack. Behind the line? {Run Away!}. In front of the line? {Full Attack!} I ended up dismissing her and using my Swiftcast + Summon for her at the start of the fight. Really irritating.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I'm guilty of this.

I had that happen. I kept telling Garuda to heel and she was pretty much saying 'Fuck you' and ignoring my Heel command. Then once we went in she tried to attack. Behind the line? {Run Away!}. In front of the line? {Full Attack!} I ended up dismissing her and using my Swiftcast + Summon for her at the start of the fight. Really irritating.
    Selene did that yesterday

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I forgot to mention, in Turn 4 as soon as the first set of adds drop all 4 go straight for Garuda. I don't know what they've done with the pet aggro table but it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Selene did that yesterday
    The running away was happening with Selene in our group as well. She didn't charge into the snake though thankfully.

This is so ridiculous, I actually had an easier time activating Fey Illumination + Whispering Dawn on command before the patch than I do now.

Never mind fairies just being slower and more retarded in general for no apparent reason.

They need to fix how pet commands are received and how stances work, needing to find an enemy target before you can put your pet in the correct stance is inconvenient and stupid in general but especially stupid for pets that don't even attack.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I love how their response to that complaint is "We'll try, but it's haarrrrrdddddd"

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Greetings,

Pet behavior prior to 2.1 that allowed you to give orders to your pet while they were in Sic mode was a bug. We realize that the fix may feel like an inconvenience due to the changing of the way it works, but we appreciate your understanding.

The development team does, however, understand that not being able to switch to Obey when there are no enemies is inconvenient, and they’ve already begun to look into whether or not they can make adjustments to this. While I can’t make any promises, they would like to make adjustments as best as they can.

Yoshi needs to hire like 3 NA game programmers who could fix so much of this menial shit in an afternoon.

Hell, I'm sure there are a shitton of people that would do it for free in their spare time (ie. the people who make 3rd party apps and such).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Literally pre-2.1 Eos was perfect except for using WD on Obey. Selene was also pretty fine. They didn't have to go and mess with a good bad bug.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So if you suspected that your Shadow Flare was weaker lately, it's not your imagination.

An issue wherein ground-target attacks (Flaming Arrow, Shadow Flare, etc.) were always critical hits.

They weren't ALWAYS crits, but it was absurdly high ._.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Finally sat down and made some pet macros. Depending on the fight I can alternate between whether I have tank on focus target (most primals since target gets lost a lot) or boss on focus target (most of Coil, CT), so I have 2 different Embrace macros.

Focus Target Embrace:
    /petaction "Embrace" <mo>
    /petaction "Embrace" <f>

Tank Embrace:
    /petaction "Embrace" <mo>
    /petaction "Embrace" <2>

Selene buffs (nothing special, just a space-saver for buttons):
    /petaction "Fey Light" <p>
    /petaction "Fey Glow" <p>

Eos buffs (assume you do Rouse manually while you spam this)
    /petaction "Fey Illumination" <p>
    /petaction "Whispering Dawn" <p>
    /wait 1
    /petaction "Fey Illumination" <p>
    /petaction "Whispering Dawn" <p>

Selene silence focus target
    /ac "Silent Dusk" <f>

Playtesting these in a Titan EX, I love 'em so far. I think I can adapt to this crazy new manual world. I still keep my petbar up, partly since you can't /micon these.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's <mo>?

They need to fix both the broken /micon and the You give the order "." on pet commands.