Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    The room before Garden of Assemblage on Critical has a final gauntlet that's even more frustrating than the one in KH1 right before the Final Rest.
    Only at level 55, guess I'll come back later... About to rage at how easy it is to get 1-shotted.
    The magnet spell will be your best friend here, plenty of trickery you can pull with it to not get owned by the dancer chicks and greatsword dudes (who tend to be the biggest pita for me)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    The magnet spell will be your best friend here, plenty of trickery you can pull with it to not get owned by the dancer chicks and greatsword dudes (who tend to be the biggest pita for me)
    Oh I know, but even with magnet it seems like some of those enemies are just ridiculous. The set of enemies right before that final gauntlet had the dudes with the giant swords, if you don't reflect their attack away they 1-shot you on the spot. Pretty frustrating.

I was stuck on the dudes with the squares that chase you, even if you catch him in the magnet he seems to still be able to use those things to attack you. The lancers also 1-shot you if you get caught in a jump. Surprised Once More doesn't save you in those situations.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I died more in that gauntlet than to anything else in the game up until that point lol. I even 2 shot Sephiroth, but still had more trouble in that last battle in there. >.>

Critical is fun though, never going back to other difficulties in KH2. Most likely going to do BBS on Critical as well.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Most likely going to do BBS on Critical as well.
    Just you wait...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Started investing some time into playing this. I choose to go with BBS first to be chronologically in order story-wise. Finished Ven's part on critical. It was hella easy save for the fight with Vanitas where you gotta basically sync up attacks and shit.

I just started Terra now. I forgot how frustratingly sad this story is. A buncha friends wanting to do the right thing but just missing and misunderstanding each other ever so slightly

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Started investing some time into playing this. I choose to go with BBS first to be chronologically in order story-wise. Finished Ven's part on critical. It was hella easy save for the fight with Vanitas where you gotta basically sync up attacks and shit.

I just started Terra now. I forgot how frustratingly sad this story is. A buncha friends wanting to do the right thing but just missing and misunderstanding each other ever so slightly
    This is why I love BBS. Well, any SE prequel is bound to be filled with tragedy.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Terra's final battle puts his story over the top for me. To want to do the right thing so badly that even your empty armor rises to the challenge.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Storywise should I finish BBS before playing the 3DS game if I want to avoid spoilers or does it not matter?

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

If you've started BBS I'd finish it first just because the combat in 3D is pretty different. I think there are some small spoilers in 3D if you don't play BBS first but nothing big really.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well I had played it a bit on PSP but never finished it. But I just got 2.5 and 3DS for xmas so was wondering what to play first.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I'd play BBS first just because even if there are no direct spoilers, it still helps fill in some of the blanks.

And definitely play 2 before you play 3D.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I've already finished 2 so thats not an issue. Thanks.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

If you don't want spoilers play 3d Last

Story wise it's

BBS
    KH
    KHCM (just Youtube it if you dont have the 1.5)
    358/2days (just Youtube it if you dont have the 1.5)
    KH2
    KH RE:coded
    KH3D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Feel free to completely skip Days and Re:Coded and you won't miss anything worth caring about in the long run.

EDITED

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Already played CoM when it was on gameboy or w/e. Days too boring to play/watch, I will read the plot.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Already played CoM when it was on gameboy or w/e. Days too boring to play/watch, I will read the plot.
    If you love ice cream, don't watch it you'll cry

so many ice cream wasted

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Feel free to completely skip Days and Re:CoM and you won't miss anything worth caring about in the long run.
    I DISAGREE!!!

Neither are super integral to the story but they both add some depth. Might not be worth playing for some people but I enjoyed it at least.

Now Re:Coded, that shit is a waste of time except for the secret video... Which only sets up 3D lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Err, I meant to say Re:Coded.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Re:Coded is what? Basically fixing Jimini's journal with a digitized version of Sora that disappears in the end, right? Just rehashing a buncha old memories and junk. Outside of the secret video (which itself didn't do much, just ended up setting up 3D), it doesn't really add to the main story at all.

CoM bridges KH1 -> KH2 from Sora and Rikku's perspective, and 358/2 covers that time frame as well, but from Roxas/Org 13's perspective. Both stories at least help you sympathize and get a better understanding of characters like Namine and Axel and even Xion to an extent. Again, not really integral to the plot, but if you like depth it for sure adds it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    There is really no need.
    The story will still feel complete if you don't bother.

BBS => KH => CoM (sorta, its not THAT important but still kinda is) => KH2 => DDD

That's all you need to have a complete understanding of everything of importance that has gone on thus far.