+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sora got the keyblade because Riku don' fucked up, since he was supposed to be the original (which comes around full circle I guess.) Afaik, Sora called Ventus' heart from the darkness (or Ventus found Sora's heart) and they both accepted each other? I think that was before KH1 even. From what I can tell, Ven seems to be the reason Sora can do that crazy shit with his Nobody and dual wield. But as for being a Keyblade wielder, I'm pretty sure he was just the next best choice since Kairi was all doped up as well. Ven's influence helped since the trinity moved to Sora's group, but I suspect that's a coincidence and Sora always had what it took to be a master.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

/nod Prolly. and I think Kairi was "all doped up" b/c of Aqua's spell on her necklace(it was supposed to lead Kairi to someone who would protect her, remember?), and that spell is also why Sora got Kairi's heart for a little while; It backfired a little bit, prolly because deep inside, they both really love each other.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Kairi, Kairi, Kairi.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry about that, I don't know why I'm misspelling her name that way, dangit. Fixed.

Also yeah. Sora has what it takes other than..maturity. He needs to grow up a bit more I think.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Sora's failure at the end of 3D could be that Sora isn't depending on his own strengths to guide him as a keyblade master. He has Ven's heart still in him at that point, yes? Ven's heart could be fueling the strengths and feats that Sora is able to pull off. If in KH3 Ven is awoken, Terra is relinquished and Aqua is brought back from the world of darkness, that would potentially result in Sora having to sacrifice his own abilities that he had been gaining accustom to over the years, but in wake would unlock his potential to become a master and would set him as the main role for the future story to branch off with.

We all know Kingdom Heart's doesn't end at 3, and that going forward from 3 that Sora would continue to be the main character so that kind of scenario lends itself to that idea very well.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shen; that could be partly true. He may have to sacrifice dual wielding at the very least if not more, I assume though that since he has basically been awakened as a keyblade wielder, that won't go away so easily. Chick can't go back into its shell after all.

But if he loses a lot by giving up Ven's heart, I'm sure something is going to happen to really open the gates inside Sora that he's never touched before. After all, there will likely be a beatdown with Xenohort; That guy is pretty strong, Sora's going to have to get the strength to beat him down somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Sora's failure at the end of 3D could be that Sora isn't depending on his own strengths to guide him as a keyblade master. He has Ven's heart still in him at that point, yes? Ven's heart could be fueling the strengths and feats that Sora is able to pull off. If in KH3 Ven is awoken, Terra is relinquished and Aqua is brought back from the world of darkness, that would potentially result in Sora having to sacrifice his own abilities that he had been gaining accustom to over the years, but in wake would unlock his potential to become a master and would set him as the main role for the future story to branch off with.

We all know Kingdom Heart's doesn't end at 3, and that going forward from 3 that Sora would continue to be the main character so that kind of scenario lends itself to that idea very well.
    I saw it as more to do with his naivety and being somewhat gullible/ignorant. He was distracted by Ven's dream/heart (seeing Terra and Aqua) which led Xehanort to fuck with him. Riku on the other hand isn't so stupid (well anymore, after that really stupid thing he did in KH1) and could figure out/fix what was happening.

If Ven is doing anything for Sora, it's probably shielding him from darkness until he gets his shit together, which it seems like he's going to do now.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Elcura: Well said, I also think Ven's been subtly influencing Sora from the inside too. I understand Ven and Sora have some of the same mannerisms; Ven may of also influenced some of Sora's personality without meaning to; it's just a suspicion of mine since I doubt in the KHverse that if you carry another's heart inside you for years and years, that it won't NOT affect you in some way. And Sora's has had Ven's heart inside him since he was 3 or 4? So yeah.

But yeah, worst he may lose is dual wielding(At least I think so), but I'm sure Sora'll open up a new power that has been locked up inside him to replace that. Too predictable there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pentawield or something, like prince from XV obviously

They should bring back drive forms, Master Form was my shit though Sora's niche has always been Disney summons lol.

And while I guess Ven could influence Sora's personality it's also likely Ven was drawn to Sora because he is the way he is (and they're similar anyway). I think Ven influences Roxas a lot more, since Sora was adamant about keeping Venxas and himself separate. I suppose Venxas will be revived somehow and be a different person while Sora remains himself.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The way I understand it, both Riku and Sora are getting new outfits in KH3(Drive was tied to Sora's new outfit in KH2, so..), and they're replacing drive forms with crazy keyblade transformations. At least that's what I got from a press release that was put out recently about KH3. It's way too early to call except for speculations tho.

We'll have to see about Roxas and Sora, tho I don't think Roxas is coming back except somewhere in Sora's heart...Not to mention the way I understand it, Sora has Roxas's memories now. I have a sneaking suspicion that's going to be part of what gets Sora to grow up a bit, there. Tho losing Ventus's heart may kinda force Roxas to merge more closely with Sora..We'll have to see.

Good theory tho about why Ventus got drawn to Sora's newborn heart though. When I read that spoiler, I thought, "hmm, that's kinda random.."

And before you ask, part of where I'm coming from is I was a Psychology major in college. Seems strange to use that stuff on a fictional chara, but in rl; sometimes people need a real shakeup/seriously hard punt in the rear to change. I think DDD was Sora's beatdown/wakeup call that he needs to grow up/change.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    They should bring back drive forms, Master Form was my shit though Sora's niche has always been Disney summons lol.
    Master and final were the shit for spamming thunder or fire, limit form tho, too strong with Zantetsuken and counter Zantetsuken

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I honestly didn't fux w/ the drive forms much 'cause Sora's moveset in his base form is just a lot more fun, especially in FM where he has a few new moves.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I agree, Sora's movements once you get forms up to a decent level or max, they are a lot more fluid and enjoyable to use. I just started doing a casual run through critical mode and augh the beginning is so rough with no dodge roll, quick step or master form's second jump. I can live without glide for the most part.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Glide made travel a lot quicker through zones for farming materials for the Kupo crafting. And while I really enjoyed forms, I barely used them outside of leveling them to max for all the abilities they granted. I thought Final Form was awesome design wise. But by the time you get it (in the original game at least), the kinds of bosses you face make it kind of redundant. You could do the same kinda damage with Sora's base form without the time limit of him being in a drive.

I did think they were pretty cool though. I REALLY enjoyed the kind of forms/transformations BBS had though (I forget their specific names). Pulling off combos that resulted in you being put into a new form for a short time. But again, while it was fun on the basic mobs, on bosses, I just resorted to using moves like Magic Hour, Salvation and Meteor Crash cause they were so fucking over powered lol.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Y'all motherfuckers need Wisdom Form. Magnega/Thundaga for days.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Glide made travel a lot quicker through zones for farming materials for the Kupo crafting. And while I really enjoyed forms, I barely used them outside of leveling them to max for all the abilities they granted. I thought Final Form was awesome design wise. But by the time you get it (in the original game at least), the kinds of bosses you face make it kind of redundant. You could do the same kinda damage with Sora's base form without the time limit of him being in a drive.

I did think they were pretty cool though. I REALLY enjoyed the kind of forms/transformations BBS had though (I forget their specific names). Pulling off combos that resulted in you being put into a new form for a short time. But again, while it was fun on the basic mobs, on bosses, I just resorted to using moves like Magic Hour, Salvation and Meteor Crash cause they were so fucking over powered lol.
    You forgot Dodge Roll, the single most broken aspect of BBS. Big attack coming? Dodge roll forever! I kinda didn't like that because it was so good that it made the other defensive utilities you had pretty much pointless to even have.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ven's dodge was the only really broken one. Terra's dodge slide sucked ass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Ven's dodge was the only really broken one. Terra's dodge slide sucked ass.
    Don't forget about Aqua's cartwheels, just as broken.
    Aqua was the all-around most broken character in the game. I liked Terra for not being OP though. Beating the Mysterious Figure with him actually felt like an accomplishment lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast