+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Yeah, I haven't fucked with Re:Coded or 358/2 at all and I don't feel like I've missed anything particularly important to the story. That applies more to Re:Coded and 358/2 than CoM, but all have little points here and there to drive the story forward (with CoM being the most worthwhile storywise).

Randomly trying to find a cheap CE of this shit is hard. I want it but not at the price that's basically double of what SE store was offering.

So whoever recommended magnet for that insane heartless battle thanks a ton for the tip! I somehow beat it first try using just peter pan and that + thundaga. The ending was nuts. I was out of potions and kept gliding around until mp refilled.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Magnet I feel is one of the most under appreciated spells in the game.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Aero can be really useful too but Magnet (and especially Magnega) is extremely useful on a lot of shit that would otherwise be a huge pain in the ass.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    So whoever recommended magnet for that insane heartless battle thanks a ton for the tip! I somehow beat it first try using just peter pan and that + thundaga. The ending was nuts. I was out of potions and kept gliding around until mp refilled.
    No prob, glad it helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Magnet I feel is one of the most under appreciated spells in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Aero can be really useful too but Magnet (and especially Magnega) is extremely useful on a lot of shit that would otherwise be a huge pain in the ass.
    Aero is definitely good in 2, even better in BBS (especially when paired with magnet when possible)
    Also, Aero vs Vanitas = lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So I'm 12/13 on the organization data fights on critical, missing Xemnas and that bastard seems to be so random in the 2nd phase that I never make it to that neverending laser sequence before getting my ass handed to me...

Any ideas of how to handle him?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    So I'm 12/13 on the organization data fights on critical, missing Xemnas and that bastard seems to be so random in the 2nd phase that I never make it to that neverending laser sequence before getting my ass handed to me...

Any ideas of how to handle him?
    I spent a LOT of time refighting Final Xemnas in the original release of KH2 (I really like the music in the last form, sue me!) so he wasn't a big deal to me, minor adjustments needed to be made that's it.

I usually just quick run around when he's spamming begone begone begone. (Usually staying semi-close so I can dash up and hit after the last one)
    I also generally tend to pop riku's limit when he does that crap where he tosses you. (Can also use it during the spam I mentioned before, especially if you're using ethers and such)

All laser patterns he does can be guarded... so just press square.

Beyond that, know that you 'can' reflect that move where he goes "Can you spare a heart?" and it'll stop it from doing anything to you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I spent a LOT of time refighting Final Xemnas in the original release of KH2 (I really like the music in the last form, sue me!) so he wasn't a big deal to me, minor adjustments needed to be made that's it.

I usually just quick run around when he's spamming begone begone begone. (Usually staying semi-close so I can dash up and hit after the last one)
    I also generally tend to pop riku's limit when he does that crap where he tosses you. (Can also use it during the spam I mentioned before, especially if you're using ethers and such)

All laser patterns he does can be guarded... so just press square.

Beyond that, know that you 'can' reflect that move where he goes "Can you spare a heart?" and it'll stop it from doing anything to you.
    Awesome, I managed to take him down finally. Thanks!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I'm having a harder time with Terra then I did with Ven. Ven I was able to more or less breeze my way through to the last couple boss fights (save for the very first one mainly because of really shit options for commands). For Terra, I've actually had a couple bosses that have taken more than a couple retries to get the hang of. I dunno if it's because the bosses are harder, or if Terra's moves just really suck. I'm leaning towards the latter.

And for clarification's sake, I haven't played KH2 in ages and even then, I barely used aero. But unlike in BBS where it's an AoE attack, in KH2, it's like a temporary shield right?

Terra gets better moves later that do a lot of damage, but the main thing that makes Terra harder than Ven or Aqua is that you can't spam his dodge and be invincible for the duration. With Terra you need to be smarter (or at least more cautious) with bosses because you can't spam dodge your way out of trouble.

And yes, Aero is temp shield in KH1/2. I don't remember if there's something like it in BBS (maybe for Aqua) but considering you have shotlocks and 2/3rds of the characters have invincible dodges it isn't really missed.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Awesome, I managed to take him down finally. Thanks!
    Badass, glad to help!
    Was that your last data fight?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Badass, glad to help!
    Was that your last data fight?
    Yup! Also just beat Terra after about an hour of re-learning the fight.. I haven't fought the Lingering Will for about 8 years now lol (original KH2FM release...)
    It's frustrating how random that fight is, I failed for about 10 runs straight and then on my kill run everything kind of worked out and I skipped all the annoying shit like his bow attacks and magic lock. Avoiding the final move is the easiest thing in the world as long as you glide and have a slight sense of when to use Reflect to your advantage.

Now to finish doing all the damn material farming. -_- But at least I have my gold crown! :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hmm, the Terra fight actually isn't very random but... I'll not go into that and instead I will just say grats.
    When you get around to the BBS bosses, after all your material farming and such in KH2.... you're in for some real fun. Even though they toned down MF quite a bit for Final Mix, he's still a mother.

Have fun :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hmm, the Terra fight actually isn't very random but... I'll not go into that and instead I will just say grats.

He's definitely not once you get the hang of him... first hour or so though, I couldn't predict what he was going to do next and it was driving me mad because I would do really well and then eat shit at the last bar. I went back and beat him up for a Manifest Illusion (before figuring out I only had to synth it... >.>) but he wasn't that bad at all anymore.

Not looking forward to Mysterious Figure at all lol. I never played the FM of BBS though so it should be interesting to see what's different about it compared to the original. After KH2 it's really hard to readjust to the zoomed in camera though, making me despise them for not fixing that a bit since it's my biggest gripe with the original KH.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

FM's version of Mysterious Figure isn't all that different. Basically, you can't be "one-shotted" (even though he attacks twice) by what I call the "rape rope".
    Its just ever-so-slightly easier to escape from certain things which makes the fight 30x easier with Terra. If you're playing as Aqua or Ven you probably won't really even notice a difference.

Also, he looks slightly different.

Aside from that, there's quite a few new bosses and such to enjoy. Also, Megaflare got nerfed but who cares, right?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone do the Mirage Arena stuff in BBS? I'm trying to get past Iron Imprisoner 3 and 4 on Critical mode and wondering the best way to do it. So far I've read about stunning it with Firaga's or Sonic Blades, and then I've heard about just dodging until you can shotlock it and doing that? Anyone with a concrete strat?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    best way to do it.
    Vanish
    ???
    Profit

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I've only done it with Aqua and I was stunning it with Firaga, but it took a lot of practice. Stalling for Shot Locks might be easier.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Not sure if you guys know what Vanish is but you won't need to stall for anything if you use it.
    It turns you invisible, and yes it works on the bosses.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I definitely do not know what Vanish is. Is that new to the Final Mix version or am I about to feel really stupid?