+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Terra was BBS hard mode but he was fun. You just need to learn the best times to dodge attacks, it feels a lot more like a real action game with Terra than with Ven or Aqua (where you spin2win). Of course, you don't have to abuse dodge rolls for those characters since Shotlock abuse is equally OP.

And drive forms (aside from early use of Brave/Wisdom) were just fun to use when fucking around and farming. Generally the problem is that you rarely ever needed the extra power drives give you in fights, but if you just want to style on motherfuckers they're awesome. Bouncing around casting Thundaga and watching shit blow up is the best. Master Form got too much style.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man, and I *started* with Terra, then never played it again after beating the game with him. Had fun, but didn't feel like doing it again.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's pretty interesting. The story obviously repeats itself but from different perspectives, but the game play is somewhat unique enough to make it fun. Each of the 3 has a pretty different style they're good at. Terra is Physical, Aqua mostly Magic and Ven is middle of the road.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That and you need to play as all three to see the actual ending of the game lol

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    It's pretty interesting. The story obviously repeats itself but from different perspectives, but the game play is somewhat unique enough to make it fun. Each of the 3 has a pretty different style they're good at. Terra is Physical, Aqua mostly Magic and Ven is middle of the road.
    Ven is "cheat your ass off with Forms so broken they make Final Form look like Sora from KH1."

My issue with Forms in KH2 was that I was always reluctant to use them because they took so long to recharge. I thought BBS's take on Forms was a lot better (although it forced you into using certain attacks if you wanted certain forms. I would have liked to just be able to equip whichever styles I wanted and be able to charge them with any attack). Days' equipment grid thing was kind of neat too.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    That and you need to play as all three to see the actual ending of the game lol
    That too lol

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In my recent "Beat the game!" on KH2, I only used a form in a boss fight about once. (This is the original one mind you; I got my eyes on both collections, but I need things to get a little better first; hard to play when you don't have a PS3 and emulation for it isn't that hot yet.) Otherwise, I just leveled them up; I actually had to restart at one point since I got so stuck on a boss b/c I was neglecting to grind, that I had to use cheat codes to get though; I didn't want to use said cheat codes to get though the game, so I restarted and did better the second time around and stopped to level my Drives.) The abilities really helped, and I found base-Sora to be more fun once I'd leveled those drives.

That being said, I'm wondering what they're planning with keyblade-transformations in KH3, and if I can get a PS3, I'm getting both collections so I don't have to borrow my brother's copies any more, not to mention catch up on the older games that I had to spoiler myself on b/c I couldn't afford them or have no way to play them (I'm looking at you, Birth By Sleep. Yes I'm aware there's a emulator for that, but I would feel funny about buying a game for a system I do not own. And with any disk based games, I'd rather rip them myself vs. dling them to avoid having to d/l huge files; it does do a number on our DSL.).

Oh and before someone says that I was dumb, I know I was. On my playthough of KH, I hardly had to grind at all and I still got the secret ending. ^^ Tried that with KH2 and got boned..

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm trying to get into Birth by sleep but I can't. I don't like the leveling system at all and combining abilities to make other abilities isn't doing it for me. Also gave KH: 3D a try and yeah, no. Couldn't do it either :S

You couldn't play two of the best KH games in the series? That's a shame (though admittedly KH3D would be better on anything that isn't a 3DS).

RIP KH3.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll see about KH3D sometime once I can save up some money/Amazon gift cards; the other? Well, we'll see later. At least I know what's going on for when KH3 comes out if I can't get the money before then. (I do own a 3DS.)

My brother has been threatening me with letting me have his PS3 for a while now. So there's always a chance I could early, but I hope to get my own once things get a little better around here.

And I wouldn't count KH3 out just yet, it's too early to say much about it yet since we know so damn little about it. I'd rather wait until we have some solid info before I make a value judgement on it. They could be using the keyblade transformations as a type of Form after all, I'd rather wait until I know how it plays. Which we can't know yet b/c it's in development and it'll be next year at earliest before we will know!

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

i would love if thye had a movie version of 3D, in KH3 box

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    And I wouldn't count KH3 out just yet, it's too early to say much about it yet since we know so damn little about it. I'd rather wait until we have some solid info before I make a value judgement on it. They could be using the keyblade transformations as a type of Form after all, I'd rather wait until I know how it plays. Which we can't know yet b/c it's in development and it'll be next year at earliest before we will know!
    I didn't really mean it like that. More in the sense of BBS and DDD are the direction the game play has been mostly taking what with form changing, getting skills and new abilities (flowmotion on a controller? yesplz). Though there is a chance they'll revert to something more straightforward like in KH1/2, I kinda doubt it.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah. We'll have to see what happens with that. Meanwhile I'll keep saving and hoping, since let's just say I have liked the KH games I've actually played and I'm interested in how this arc ends, but I'd rather actually play KH3 other than spoilering myself to find out how it ends.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I fully expect a DDD remake for the PS3 next year... there is no way KH3 will be done by next year, so it'll be a very smart business decision for them to release DDD in HD as the last step before the KH3 release.

Also, this remastered version of Rage Awakened is amazing... can't wait for 2.5 to come out already. >.<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Only problem is this version of Rage Awakened hardly sounds like much of a battle track due to the percussion being so weak.
    I do not imagine its going to be nearly as awesome as the other two versions in context.

Jump to 1:09 in the track above and listen to that.
    Now listen to the original; note the difference. Then listen to the BBS version, which most people seem to prefer in the context of the fight. Notice that the percussion stands out even more in the BBS version. Its g'damn important.

That's a problem with most of the music they remixed. It's too soft and doesn't have any depth to it. Most of the tracks I really liked in KH2 have hardly any bass to them. The soft tracks (The Other Promise etc) all sound fine I guess, but shit like Rage Awakened just gets flattened.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

New trailer:

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nice. Now if my brother gets that Wii U he's been wanting and I get the PS3 up here, I'll get it..I'd love to be able to play the games I missed. Spoilered beforehand or no. ^^

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Welp, as good as that trailer was, I'm sure happy they devoted 2 of the 3 minutes to going over everything in 1.5 before showing anything from 2.5 lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast