1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    I'm curious about how other WHMs are prioritizing MND, Determination, and PIE within their setups. Also, is there any definite measure to the effectiveness of Determination and MND yet for a cure formula?
    Formulas are here:

http://valk.dancing-mad.com

I would say always prioritize MND. It would take an awful lot of a secondary stat difference to make up for losing MND. If the debate is between 2 pieces of same ilvl gear, then you usually don't have to even think about MND because it's generally capped for that item anyway, which also means you don't generally have to think about melding it either. MND sort of auto-prioritizes itself that way.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Indomitable Will View Post
    You can meld crit on the HQ circlet, just saw one on AH so not sure of the cap.

presumably best meld for HQ circlet would be QT4(slot1), PIE4(slot2), crit(not sure on cap, so tier 2, or 3, or 4, idk)(slot3), QT2(slot4)...not sure for slot 5, haven't seen if dtr is capped on HQ, but you could always put acc on...or maybe something crazy like ele resist or skillspeed(for cooldowns?? or split up the more expensive t4 materia into 2 melds.
    So even an NQ circlet is comparable here, since you can cap SS, crit, DET and mnd in 5 slots (only need a mind1 materia to cap it, so that's a cheap slot 5 meld), 2x quicktoungue3, 1x crit(3?, still haven't had the chance to test cap on crit), if DET is capped, then slot4=vit2, and slot5=mind1, my wife needs to get more gilz to buy the materia before I'll meld her circlet for her. 400k on MB, or like 250k for mats (or free buying with philo) for a top tier piece of gear that will allow you to forgoe the AF2 head/allagan head upgrade for a while for more significant upgrades.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I have mostly full darklight and I'm looking for some opinions on whether going from melded level 49 accessories to darklight would be considered an upgrade. I currently have HQ tourmaline Neck/Wrist and HQ Militia Earring quad melded with Savage Aim and Vit materias.

For the neck and the wrist, the relevant stat changes are:

-5 VIT, +4 MND, +3 Piety, +9 Spell Speed, -9 Crit Hit

For the earring, the relevant changes are:

-6 VIT, +2 MND, +8 Piety, +9 Spell Speed, -11 Crit Hit

I'm leaning towards no on the earring since Piety is whatever and I'm losing a lot more VIT than amount of MND gained, but I'm unsure about the Neck/Wrist.

Also, how are you guys spending your Mythology tomes? My plan is Thyrus +1 followed by Cleric Legs since the Allagan Legs supposedly drop from Turn 5.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I went 11 DTM, 12 splspd on vanya hat for a total of VIT+12, MND+12, PIE+11, Crit+11, splspd+12, DTM+11

For rose gold, I think you can extend crit up to +7 for 18 total. Not sure about splspd. That's the meld to shoot for with circlet. Cap crit and finish out with splspd (or start with splspd since might materia is cheaper). I'm pretty sure MND/DTM is precapped in HQ (why get NQ?). If you cap both before 5 slots, wrap up with piety since every other pertinent stat will be capped.

For myth,
    I went boots first (good, but it retrospect, shouldn't have done so)
    Thyrus +1
    I'll go clerics legs next I think, they're a bigger upgrade and better piece than the body

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

So I have done the math of DL body versus Cleric's + Strategos head

And this is the results of Clerics + Strategos
    +2 Defense / +2 Magic Defense
    Vit +7
    Pie +16
    Mind +6
    Spellspeed +35
    Determination -29

So my question is which should I get? I can see overall Cleric's is better except no determination. My main will be WHM but I will also level SCH too.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

The added mind will more than make up for the lost DTR.

I'd get thyrus +1 first and foremost if its an option. Then clerics legs with darklight body. If you get lucky in coil with the head or body, respec into Vanya head or body to supplement it.

That's be my suggestion.
    If you're going to play scholar a lot, go accessories since your doing scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Does anyone know why WHM has 146 more MP than SCH despite identical PIE values?
    Different classes scale piety differently. IIRC, Eein said that SMNs have roughly 5/per, BLM 15/per, WHM 7.8/per (this is someone else's calc).

Quote Originally Posted by Sirenia View Post
    So my question is which should I get? I can see overall Cleric's is better except no determination. My main will be WHM but I will also level SCH too.
    If you also plan to use the same gear on SCH, you should get PIE over DET. PIE has poor scaling relatively on WHM because Shroud doesn't scale with max mana.

DET/CRT/SPSD is another story entirely for WHM (CRT wins on SCH though).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How much spell speed would you need on WHM gear to make a noticeable difference for 2.5s spells? I put Crit on my Vanya Robe and it's "meh". Not as appealing as I thought it'd be.

Spell speed, like most other things, is simply linear.

1 stat = -.001s cast/recast time

The more you have, the faster you cast, there's no target amounts.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Sirenia View Post
    So I have done the math of DL body versus Cleric's + Strategos head

And this is the results of Clerics + Strategos
    +2 Defense / +2 Magic Defense
    Vit +7
    Pie +16
    Mind +6
    Spellspeed +35
    Determination -29

I see so many WHM with Cleric's body and I can't figure out why. Going for DTR > SS > Crit, Cleric's Legs, Feet, and Hands are BiS. The Allagan equivalent of those drops in Turn 5, 2, and 1 - respectively. So for myth armor/accessories, legs or ring should be first in my opinion, then feet, and finally hands. That is unless you're playing both SCH and WHM, in which case you might want to go for accessories first.

Allagan is BiS for everything else, with Vanya being the second best for head/body over clerics (assuming melds and because it lets you spend myth on other BiS).

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    Different classes scale piety differently. IIRC, Eein said that SMNs have roughly 5/per, BLM 15/per, WHM 7.8/per (this is someone else's calc).

If you also plan to use the same gear on SCH, you should get PIE over DET. PIE has poor scaling relatively on WHM because Shroud doesn't scale with max mana.

DET/CRT/SPSD is another story entirely for WHM (CRT wins on SCH though).
    Why take PIE over DTR on scholar. I don't play the job, but I was under the impression that PIE is even more useless on scholar than it already is on WHM. On SCH secondary stats, I'd think crit obviously wins out, followed by DTR, splspd, then PIE.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Someonher View Post
    I see so many WHM with Cleric's body and I can't figure out why. Going for DTR > SS > Crit, Cleric's Legs, Feet, and Hands are BiS. The Allagan equivalent of those drops in Turn 5, 2, and 1 - respectively. So for myth armor/accessories, legs or ring should be first in my opinion, then feet, and finally hands. That is unless you're playing both SCH and WHM, in which case you might want to go for accessories first.

Allagan is BiS for everything else, with Vanya being the second best for head/body over clerics (assuming melds and because it lets you spend myth on other BiS).
    But you can see the body, which is prob why people get it.

But yeah, you're right. You're echoing the same sentiments I've already posted.

I think people are generally sick to death of the DL robes, they're not terribly appealing in general.

It doesn't help that they're dull as shit and the healer/caster versions are practically identical just with the black and white switched around.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Even though we're doing turn 4, I got sick of not seeing my hair and switched to vanya, even if its only for a short time. Fuck cowls.

But they're cheap and more than capable of clearing all content to this point.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    But you can see the body, which is prob why people get it.

But yeah, you're right. You're echoing the same sentiments I've already posted.
    Yeah, I know. I was just kind of hoping someone would help me figure out why people are getting Cleric's body. You're probably right, though; even though I can barely tell the difference between Healer's and Cleric's unless I'm trying.

If I had known how sick of DL robe I'd be I would have gone with vanya from the start, not spending money on it now tho.

Also it doesn't help that I don't care for the floor length dust-collector robe design of vanya terribly much either, but at least it's not a cowl and you can dye it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If I had known how sick of DL robe I'd be I would have gone with vanya from the start, not spending money on it now tho.
    I really don't want to get Vanya but my group is giving me shit since I'm back in Strategos body after getting the Allagan head to drop. Luckily we have a few 2 star weavers (and I'm a weaver myself) so I just need to spend the phils to get the potash.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

With 10-15 minute WP runs, it's not that bad. Especially if you don't need the set. I farmed the head and body.

Altogether, I have full darklight, astral ring, vanya head/body, and a wind up qiqirn. Farmed everything, bought nothing.

Wind up aldgoat is next on my list.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Why take PIE over DTR on scholar. I don't play the job, but I was under the impression that PIE is even more useless on scholar than it already is on WHM. On SCH secondary stats, I'd think crit obviously wins out, followed by DTR, splspd, then PIE.
    I go Crit>PIE>Det on SCH on the grounds that PIE is marginally helping Aetherflow + natural MP regen and I have a raging hateboner for Det.

For WHM though I'd agree with your order. PIE is pretty lame for them.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

With 10-15 minute WP runs, it's not that bad. Especially if you don't need the set. I farmed the head and body.

Altogether, I have full darklight, astral ring, vanya head/body, and a wind up qiqirn. Farmed everything, bought nothing.

Wind up aldgoat is next on my list.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying but farming still has a cost (time and the income you don't receive that you could by selling your philosophy tomes). But at least I'll get some use out of the Vanya since I'll probably pass Allagan chest to our SCH if it drops in the next couple weeks.