1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I SCH'd the fight, but WHM doesn't seem bad. You know when the damage is happening a good 30 seconds before it actually happens. To be honest, WHMing that fight seems pretty heavily dependent on how your SCH plays their job.
    I nuke on sch the first 40%? and whenever I can after that, the fight really isnt too bad to heal but you should be expected to do the brunt of the early phases on whm

I do all the laserburn erases so I dont have to drop cleric usually

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Figure that this would be the best thread for this question so, what stats are you going for on your Novus WHMs? With acc, crit, pie, det, and spell speed all available, there are some options. Could go safe and do max det and pie, but that still leaves 11 that I could put into acc maybe? Wondering how others are handling this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You're only going to be able to max one stat. If you do full Det and as much PIE as you can (31Det : 23PIE, to be exact), there will be no space left for anything else. That is because these two stats are weighted more heavily than all other stats, so you can't simply say "well, I'll just keep adding up the numbers until I reach 75".

For reference, the caps on a i110 weapon are:
    • Det: 31
    • PIE: 33*
    • SkSp/SpSp/Crit/Acc/Parry: 44
    *Note: This value only applies to healing jobs. If you were to attempt this on a DPS caster job, the number caps lower.

Also, I can't answer the accuracy thing because I don't understand wtf this means:
    In the case of Thyrus Animus and Omnilex Animus, base accuracy will not be replaced.
    Does it even let you put more than 2 stats on the scroll? I don't know that either.

"But wait!" you shout. "How does the game decide how many Det/PIE to give me if it's not weighted the same as all the rest of the stats?" It looks like it would round up or down to nearest integer.

**All of this is obviously hypothesis until someone actually finishes one of these things, but until proven otherwise, these are the stat rules that have never been broken by any piece of gear to date (they also govern all materia stat caps).

All that said, I'm not a healer so I won't recommend any stats. I'm just that guy that compiles stat caps.

Seems this was wrong.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It means Novus will have the base +9 acc on the item that (say) Yagrush has regardless of what other secondaries you use. See: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...m/349654df6a1/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    You're only going to be able to max one stat. If you do full Det and as much PIE as you can (31Det : 23PIE, to be exact), there will be no space left for anything else. That is because these two stats are weighted more heavily than all other stats, so you can't simply say "well, I'll just keep adding up the numbers until I reach 75".

For reference, the caps on a i110 weapon are:
    • Det: 31
    • PIE: 33
    • SkSp/SpSp/Crit/Acc/Parry: 44

Also, I can't answer the accuracy thing because I don't understand wtf this means:

Does it even let you put more than 2 stats on the scroll? I don't know that either.

"But wait!" you shout. "How does the game decide how many Det/PIE to give me if it's not weighted the same as all the rest of the stats?" It looks like it would round up or down to nearest integer.

**All of this is obviously hypothesis until someone actually finishes one of these things, but until proven otherwise, these are the stat caps that have never been broken by any piece of gear to date.

Right, so DET caps at 31 and PIE caps at 33 so that would be 64/75. Which would mean I have 11 points left to put in a 3rd stat, no? I feel like I'm missing something since the way I understood the quest is that all the stats are replaced when you get it upgraded (minus the 9 ACC that it has because of SE) so if you put 31 into DET and 33 in PIE that would leave me 11 to put into a 3rd stat.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm not certain how better to explain it than I already did, so I'll just bold the crucial part
    You're only going to be able to max one stat. If you do full Det and as much PIE as you can (31Det : 23PIE, to be exact), there will be no space left for anything else. That is because these two stats are weighted more heavily than all other stats, so you can't simply say "well, I'll just keep adding up the numbers until I reach 75". <-- This is exactly what you're doing

**All of this is obviously hypothesis until someone actually finishes one of these things, but until proven otherwise, these are the stat rules that have never been broken by any piece of gear to date (they also govern all materia stat caps).
    I'm basically saying that if you put 44 points into Determination, your end result will probably be +31Det

If you only put 31 points into Determination, the game will likely only give you +22Det (give or take 1, depending on rounding)

Again, this is all guesswork based solely on their past stat cap rules. It's entirely possible that you are correct; I don't know, but I certainly doubt that they'd simply hand out stats that they've weighted to be stronger than other stats, to be suddenly 1:1 comparable. If they do go that route, then everyone should be socketing Determination to cap no matter the job.

Does the sphere scroll say your stat progress as you gradually socket onto it? If so, one of the folks who've already started to socket Det should be able to tell us whether or not they get a full point of Det per socket.

Seems this was wrong.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm not certain how better to explain it than I already did, so I'll just bold the crucial part

I'm basically saying that if you put 44 points into Determination, your end result will probably be +31Det

If you only put 31 points into Determination, the game will likely only give you +22Det (give or take 1, depending on rounding)

Again, this is all guesswork based solely on their past stat cap rules. It's entirely possible that you are correct; I don't know.

I see. Well, I thought that SE built that stat weight into by the book only letting me do 31 for det before it's done but 44 for like crit. I can't put 44 in DET on my sphere; can only do up to /31 so I hoping it's a point for point ratio at this time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Interesting, let me pose a question to the folks in the Atma thread then. I assumed you'd have to do the full 44 for Det... That changes things.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Yes. I have 3 in det so my det says 3/31 and infusions 3/75.
    Well, I stand corrected then. I can't believe they went that route. Ignore all I've said previously.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well, I stand corrected then. I can't believe they went that route. Ignore all I've said previously.
    All good. Now that it's for certain, we could discuss which would be the best because as it stands right now I'm looking at 31 DET, 33 PIE, and then 11 to ACC? Maybe SS? Would think DET and PIE capped is the best, no?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tardevil View Post
    All good. Now that it's for certain, we could discuss which would be the best because as it stands right now I'm looking at 31 DET, 33 PIE, and then 11 to ACC? Maybe SS? Would think DET and PIE capped is the best, no?
    I plan to do capped DET and PIE and the rest into Crit. I'd rather have a small bump to DPS than some small amount of SPS.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just to make sure I'm not crazy, heals used to consume Divine Seal right? It wasn't a constant buff for 15 seconds?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Just to make sure I'm not crazy, heals used to consume Divine Seal right? It wasn't a constant buff for 15 seconds?
    You're thinking of FFXI

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Totally not thinking about XI. I confirmed it's a consistent 15 second buff just now, but swear it wasn't like that before. Unless I'm crazy.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

1.0 also consumed it iirc

seems like DS wasn't in 1.0

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Further Google search showed me this was always the case. God I'm so bad. Career WHM and cleared endgame up to T7 not knowing this.

This changes everything!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I spam it often.
    DS + regen
    DS + medica 2
    DS + medica

I think DS enhances regen. I actually haven't verified.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It does. For me, regular Regen is ticking in the 400s and 500s with Divine Seal up. Never knew that it can crit on a tick too. Got some 700s regular and 800s with Divine Seal.

It's nice being a healer. Just gear up and as long as you pull your weight and do your job right and people don't die, it's all good.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Onyxium Asurai
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quick question on the Novus stats. Seems like it's confirmed that you can indeed max Det and Piety and still have 11 points leftover, though I've yet to see any screens, I'm assuming that's the case.

The question is: Is there a decent enough argument to actually put Accuracy on for that final 11?

Arguments:
    1) Crit is lulz for WHM
    2) SPS is always lulz (slightly less-so with PoM buff? I guess? Maybe?)
    3) 11 of either stat is too small of amount to be noticable anyway, as opposed to 11 Acc, which would put me somewhere around 420 Acc

Counter:
    1) The number of fights where WHM Accuracy is useful at all is very small
    2) "You're a healer, acc doesn't do anything for heals, etc etc"

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The more overgeared we are as healers, the less we seem to need to heal. Aero/aero 2 add up over short bursts of non-damage and with most secondaries left to choose from I'd lean toward acc myself. I take every opportunity to dps on whm/sch so I might be a bit biased there.

Counter argument: savage coil: ss could clutch cure?