1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The biggest roadblock for philos is I just can't fucking take it anymore.

It's not about the time, or the efficiency, it's just the sheer monotony.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I just really wanted everything I farmed. I quint melded the ring, it far surpasses the coil ring an it'll go nice with the mytho ring. The Vanya, I just really hated the cowl...and I collect minions. The qiqirn is boss and I must have the aldgoat. Dat bell.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I just really wanted everything I farmed. I quint melded the ring, it far surpasses the coil ring an it'll go nice with the mytho ring. The Vanya, I just really hated the cowl...and I collect minions. The qiqirn is boss and I must have the aldgoat. Dat bell.
    I'm not sure I agree that it far surpasses the coil ring. You're giving up 4 MND and 12 Piety for 12 crit 12 ss 4 vit.

Using http://valk.dancing-mad.com/?page_id=279 - taking the mind over the crit would be a slight healing increase. The spell speed is only taking you from a 2.41 GCD to 2.40, according to this google doc spreadsheet (might be outdated). However, I am now tempted to seek out a +1 Astral Ring because that Vit is looking nice in T5 and it caps at 9 according to xivdb.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Far surpasses is a strong word, but I'll take it in every situation over the Allagan. I find PIE pretty useless. If you want to get real fancy, throw a VIT IV in the first slot. I'm too poor for that, however.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I guess I just feel crit and spell speed aren't that useful either. If it weren't for the VIT, I'd probably go with Allagan since it's slightly higher healing and only 0.01 seconds slower. And it's free But depending on how expensive they are, I might get one and Meld two Vit IIIs , one Vit I, and some Quicktongue maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    How much spell speed would you need on WHM gear to make a noticeable difference for 2.5s spells? I put Crit on my Vanya Robe and it's "meh". Not as appealing as I thought it'd be.
    Put simply, your current (SPSD-341(this is your base))/1000 is the seconds you gain for a 2.5s cast. This changes based on the spell cast time (2s for Cure, 8s for Raise etc). The formula is in the spreadsheet in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Why take PIE over DTR on scholar. I don't play the job, but I was under the impression that PIE is even more useless on scholar than it already is on WHM. On SCH secondary stats, I'd think crit obviously wins out, followed by DTR, splspd, then PIE.
    Aetherflow grants 20% mana pool, which is affected by PIE.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    Put simply, your current (SPSD-341(this is your base))/1000 is the seconds you gain for a 2.5s cast. This changes based on the spell cast time (2s for Cure, 8s for Raise etc). The formula is in the spreadsheet in my signature.

Aetherflow grants 20% mana pool, which is affected by PIE.
    Yeah but I personally have experience till turn 4 and ATM there is 0 content that makes me get low on pm, I heal nuke buff debuff and still has mp (. 4100 max ATM)

So having 4200 4300 won't to much if I still have no mp problems, even if I get more from aether flow

But personally i still get piety over det. Cuz if we get harder on mp content in later patches I'll be ready

And also 5 dtr = 1 mind = 1.175 hp iirc so need a lot to Mather

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The biggest roadblock for philos is I just can't fucking take it anymore.

It's not about the time, or the efficiency, it's just the sheer monotony.
    Amén

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

So, after +1'ing my Thyrus, I'm coming up on another 900 mythology this week. I'm trying to decide between body and legs and, after crunching some numbers, am I right that the Cleric Body isn't that good unless you have Cleric/Allagan Head or melded HQ headgear? Here's my math ignoring DEF/MDEF:

Code:
    Darklight Cowl-

VIT 32
    MND 33
    PIE 19
    DET 29

Strategos + Cleric Robe-

VIT 39
    MND 39
    PIE 35
    SS 35
    The net gains are 7 VIT, 6 MND, 16 PIE, -29 DET(!) and 35 SS. Since 4 DET = 1 MND for cures, is it correct your cures actually get worse making this switch since the -29 DET converts to -7.25 MND?

Legs seems like a much better upgrade. Going from Darklight to Cleric's, you gain 9 VIT, 9 MND, 8 PIE, 15 DET and -27 Crit. When you factor in the DET, it comes out to 91.67 mythology per VIT and 62.26 mythology per MND. If you prioritize MND, this seems to be the best upgrade per myth coming from Darklight.

Anyways, just looking for some confirmation before pulling the trigger since I was kind of surprised at how "bad" the Cleric's Robe is.

You should get legs if only because Allagan legs are a Turn 5 drop (body is turn 4).

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I went boots first (this was before I had relic), then relic +1, then legs. I refuse to get the body, as it's inferior to allagan and the vanya isn't a bottleneck for current content and I need myth for SCH. The only gear on the left side I'm spending myth on for WHM is legs, belt, and feet. Allagan head, hands, and body if coil quits dicking our healers (3 healer (earring, hands, boots) drops out of somewhere between 46 and 50 total coil drops)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Will people hate me for wanting to look pretty aesthetically? Already got relic +1 and I'm planning to go for cleric's body next so I don't have to look at the cowl. Plus, I probably won't jump into coil anytime soon.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I guess it's fine if you don't go into coil, but if you want out of the cowl, you can go Vanya.

Plus, the skirt looks sexy on female characters that aren't 2 feet tall.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

3 feet, tyvm.

Our coil group is so dicked over by lack of healing drops that our WHM dyes his Vanya every week just to pretend he got something new

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you wanna get out of Cowl, I'd say just get Vanya and wait for Allagan Body to drop. The legs are a better upgrade than body as they're BiS.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

For those of you with Astral Rings and (like me) don't have infinite gil to smash tier 4s for optimal melds, what melds do you have? I'm planning to make one post-patch and definitely want to socket a VIT IV for Turn 5 and then probably a Savage Aim III, but not sure how much I want to bet my gil on the RNG after that.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I did Vit IV Crit III Crit III PIE III and vit I on both my astral

Wasn't that bad since PIE III and vit I are cheap

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I did 2x critIII, 2x splspd III, 1x VitIII

This was awhile ago when VIT IV was like 500k.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

For earrings, how vital is the 9 PIE on the darklight earrings of healing? I was throwing around the idea of getting a rose gold earring with Vit4/acc3/acc3/crit2/vit1 melded for my DPS casters, and was wondering if it'd be worth using on WHM/SCH or if I need to meld Vit4/Pie3/4/acc3/acc3/crit2 instead.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'd use either meld combo on WHM or SCH over darklight. Use whatever benefits the job you play the most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast