+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of the Storm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You have the good and the bad. I usually friend request or try and party with people after a match if I like them. Gotten to the point where I always have 1-3 people on and can fill more than half a party; a lot less of a headache playing with people you know will at least try.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

June 2nd for Johanna Playable hero (considering the kael launch date was right, this is too probably) Got my 15K gold saved for her >.>

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

So I was right about Blizzard tuning Chain Bomb and Ignite. Those talents were adding a 2nd Living Bomb to targets affected instead of overwriting any current Living Bomb fx. No wonder he blew up so many teams so easily when multiple LB stacks perpetuated that much.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

He just went way down in damage, but he's still dangerous with that stun >_<.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

Now you will just go Flamethrower instead of chain bomb and land nukes from days away.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Tried this out last night, not too bad imo. Doesn't feel as uninviting to get into like LoL or Dota and I appreciate the streamlined-ness. So far only tried support (Malfurion, Tyrande) so I can hang back and learn flow / who's a threat / etc. Does suck when you get paired up with uncoordinated people (or are one yourself) but my experience with randoms so far has been net positive. Maybe due to not knowing better.

Edalborez#1205

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'll add you tonight when I get home, always looking for more people to play with.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

For a new person, some warriors are fun to try out since your mistakes aren't so punishing since most of the time you can disengage without dying. Try ETC or Muradin. They are p. solid warriors. AVOID SONYA LIKE THE PLAUGE, SHE'S REALLY AN ASSASSIN LABELED AS A WARRIOR.

And I will avoid playing with people unless they are account level 30 or it's a 4/5 group stack. My MMR really pulls up the the team ELO that it may match up against higher ranked people making for a potentially frustrating game since the idea of a "carry" in this game doesn't mean you can 5v1 people like other MobAs. It's still very team oriented.

I am more than happy to teach though. I wish HotS had a coach option like DotA 2.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Had a really loudmouth ("l2p" "fuck why is whole team awful") Nova earlier today who kind of just sat back and did virtually nothing, bitched when he walked into a 1v5 and died ("WTF where was everyone why you just watch") occasionally coming out to last-hit people and bragging about it (last-hit isn't even a thing in this game, the fuck). Aside from the part where we were behind all game, the other 4 of us found it pretty amusing in a sad way. From what I can glean Nova can do a truckload of burst damage? but seemed like he was kind of doing it wrong, being wasteful, idk.

Kael'thas and ETC have been my bane. Looks like ETC will be in free rotation this week so will definitely give him a shot. Seeing if I can get the other 3 heroes this week that I can access to 5 before rotation changes.

So far I've been getting the gist of most things just by learning on the fly. I guess one problem I've run into a few times in early game is that when I'm playing as a healer I feel like I shouldn't be by myself, but often it seems like I end up having to soak a lane for exp because nobody else is. So I either get "where my heals" or "where my exp".

BG Level

Support heroes that take up the Tier 1 talent Conjurer's pursuit (Li Li, Uther, Malfurion, and to a lesser extent Tassadar) benefit a lot from roaming for healing globes to pump up their mana regen. Malfurion also has innervate which makes him a good for duo lane or roamer. There is some trust you have to put in your allies, but the toxic ones you can ignore straight up. We all have done it.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Had a really loudmouth ("l2p" "fuck why is whole team awful") Nova earlier today who kind of just sat back and did virtually nothing, bitched when he walked into a 1v5 and died ("WTF where was everyone why you just watch") occasionally coming out to last-hit people and bragging about it (last-hit isn't even a thing in this game, the fuck). Aside from the part where we were behind all game, the other 4 of us found it pretty amusing in a sad way. From what I can glean Nova can do a truckload of burst damage? but seemed like he was kind of doing it wrong, being wasteful, idk.

Kael'thas and ETC have been my bane. Looks like ETC will be in free rotation this week so will definitely give him a shot. Seeing if I can get the other 3 heroes this week that I can access to 5 before rotation changes.

So far I've been getting the gist of most things just by learning on the fly. I guess one problem I've run into a few times in early game is that when I'm playing as a healer I feel like I shouldn't be by myself, but often it seems like I end up having to soak a lane for exp because nobody else is. So I either get "where my heals" or "where my exp".
    Nova is a excellent "last shot" as you put it Pretty much a hit and run class, talented correctly and having equal lvl of teams its pretty deadly at Lv 16+ (about 50% hp off a tank with no cd's, 70-80% off support/assassins and instant death murky) in about 1 second. Sad thing is it dies fast ;/

So yeah its normal to see a "decent" nova, just sit in the back and run around a bit... as their most likely trying to catch someone low hp to pick off (because 50% of their burst damage requires a clear shot to the target)

randomly, have a feeling tomorrows new hero release, will be the most annoying tank class from the look of its abilities. Combing that aoe draw in with a pyro/grav bomb/other aoe ultra's should be interesting.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    AVOID SONYA LIKE THE PLAUGE, SHE'S REALLY AN ASSASSIN LABELED AS A WARRIOR.
    She is still tanky and can be built more tanky than dps. She may not soak as heavily but her heal on her abilities aids with it. Talents can make her bothersome to take down and she is a great engager.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I guess curse gaming was off on their information on the release of the new hero that was supposed to be today, or it got delayed even though its out on some korean server (and in game files already) O_o

Randomly, I find it funny that Heros of the storm is still labeled beta even though its "launched" now...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They said she will be out later today but that was it. Their twitter is more up to date than the forum. They are pretty bad with their PR lol...

Edit: She's out now

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

After a 10ish games Jo is alot of fun. She seems to be a good, I'd almost say a hard counter to illidan. Using her W to displace him away from his target and blinding him. Its also alot of fun to be so insanely tanky.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

That Lv20 talent is nice indestructible >.>

I'm sure one the nova's I played against that kept trying to kill me with triple tap was all kinda wtf

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

https://teambuilder.heroesofthestorm.com/ Can get a mechanical spider mount if you do a team builder with people and like the game on fb if anyone wants to get in on this with me sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I'm sure one the nova's I played against that kept trying to kill me with triple tap was all kinda wtf
    Couldn't hide from my Pyroblast though!

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    https://teambuilder.heroesofthestorm.com/ Can get a mechanical spider mount if you do a team builder with people and like the game on fb if anyone wants to get in on this with me sometime.

Couldn't hide from my Pyroblast though!
    Probably didn't have the CD up, but yeah the Lv20 indestructible will take on an entire pyro also, and anything else as long as its up (2min CD!) I pretty much go yolo when the cd's up, and then run when I see it come up >.>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Probably didn't have the CD up, but yeah the Lv20 indestructible will take on an entire pyro also, and anything else as long as its up (2min CD!) I pretty much go yolo when the cd's up, and then run when I see it come up >.>
    He had it up, but Ilidain tore through it for me

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

QM this week is gonna be some shit. Already lost track of the amount of games where I've been against ETC, Diablo (both free) and Johanna. Nobody dies or gets to have fun! Johanna seems really fun, gonna wait for her to drop to 10k gold before I pick her up though. I think her indestructible trait at 20 needs to be toned down a little but aside from that she actually seems... reasonably balanced for not having any adjustments yet. Maybe her unstoppable trait is a little too much too. Feels a shit ton tankier than every other Warrior but she doesn't feel like a threat at all aside from her dunk ult so I'm pretty okay with it.