Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes of the Storm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

After they nerfed his insane Backdoor push talents now people buff his needle. Combo that with an auto attack zeratul and you have a dead Valla/jaina/KT/etc. it's near op.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    rofl, had a game where a guy playing Stitches d/c'd. His bot proceeded to land like 3 pro as fuck hooks. Bot Stitches for president.

Also Anub'arak is crazy. And only 4k gold wat.
    Anub'arak was pretty mediocre before they buffed his beetle AI and impale cast delay. Got correctly tuned and is now up there with the other warriors.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I dunno if I would call it OP. The Needle buff was very minor compared to the nerf to his ranged locust. He still has issues some being QoL things but still fun. I greatly enjoy putting the hat on Kerrigan most of all because of the high damage she puts out in a short amount of time. Throw on the Adrenaline Boost shield and they will not escape her.

rofl, had a game where a guy playing Stitches d/c'd. His bot proceeded to land like 3 pro as fuck hooks. Bot Stitches for president.

Also Anub'arak is crazy. And only 4k gold wat.
    Bot stitches has the op grabs.
    Anub'arak I think got gold reduced a while back. His recent buff has made his win rate sky rocket has major tanking and damage potential, those beetles also are annoying with skillshots as well. I'd wonder if they'd tone him down some more. If not, probably buff some of the others some.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Had a decent Co-Op match as Johanna, but after the match at the exp screen, it stopped real close to level 6 and then it said i reached the daily XP cap for Co-Op Had the Blizzard xp bonus along with the Stimpack bonus as well.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Stop underestimating Gazlowe.

Though on the opponent's end, that tyrande (first pick) was terrible.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

tyrande just feels kinda... underwhelming overall for HL, especially as the only "healer" vs another team with an actual healer like malf/lili/brightwing/thatpallyguy ... just makes me want to /facepalm

she is a bad healer but a good off support to pair with another actual healer

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Every Sylv/Jaina this week is excessively awful. More than Raynors.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Every Sylv/Jaina this week is excessively awful. More than Raynors.
    Rather deal with the free week cloakers least I can just go Tassadar and ruin their lives

BG Level

Tyrande is a good offensive support when paired correctly. Trueshot aura scales well. But her lack ability to disengage is terrible. And her heroics are underwhelming. Before Hero League was implemented, I was able to use her to good effect on Cursed Hallow and Blackheart Bay for the most part using Shadowstalk, but does she require so much coordination. Maybe a Shadowstlak + Rehgar Bloodlust rushdown? I have experimented with Hunters Mark CD reduction. It does work well, but again, requires coordination or at the very least, confidence in your pub. Maybe the only fix I can think for her is increasing the range on Hunters Mark and allowing it to reveal during the duration.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nova who dies twice as much as the rest of the team, Azmo who lanes at all times, even during objectives. Calling each other idiots the whole game.

Words.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

This might have an obvious answer but has anyone else noticed an increase in people raging during games since the game officially launched? Seen so many people giving up after losing the first teamfight or objective in a game.

BG Level

I say in some maps, the mechanics give the game a snowball effect (I'm looking at you Haunted Mines) that being behind is demoralizing that an assassin cannot "carry" the game unlike other MobAs. The timings of coming "online and good to team fight" makes Heroes a bit of a different type of game that veterans of DotA and LoL have the demoralizing "we can't come from behind" attitude. Being 1 level behind isn't that bad. 2 levels or a talent tier behind is the equivalent of a hard carry going "Y U no make space for my farm" and the midlane/support crew going crazy around the map destroying everyone. I joke around with much levity that I should "...stop being BR" or "I have shamed you all! I guess I should uninstall the game."

Also with the influx of new players are people from WoW trying to get to level 20 for the damn pet. I only know this because my friend who is bad at fast twitch reaction games has played this and looks like a trench tier <1kmmr Dota 2 player. Such a fish out of water. I shared my screen via skype call and she tells me "you're clicking an awful lot" when that's how I have learned through the past 10+ years of playing MobAs. Also the pathing in this game has sometimes bit me in the ass killing me.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    This might have an obvious answer but has anyone else noticed an increase in people raging during games since the game officially launched? Seen so many people giving up after losing the first teamfight or objective in a game.
    see it all the time in quick match, before and after official release.

You won't see it as much in Hero league (in the rank 30-> 20 and up) though. Lv10/16 in a match tend to be big game changers and a 3 lvl gap can at times be quickly taken over. In quick game though if it gets to 3 lvl gap, your probably pretty fucked.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet View Post
    It's almost always an Illidan or Nova who dies more than anyone too.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Started playing this yesterday to play with some friends, I'm probably still scrub level. Deadgye1691 if you want to hit me up. But I've been playing Jaina and loving it. Blizzard and cone of cold buffs gives me so much aoe damage and I can even hit keeps/towers while being outside their range. And with that MP regen first trait I can almost spam my spells as soon as they're off CD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Funhaus is live streaming

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Why is Chen so awful.

Actually let me rephrase, why did they create a character whose entire purpose is to get royally screwed by stuns? Chen vs Diablo is just lol.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You haven't lived til you've played Chen with a buddy giving you the Abathur hat. Bonus points if you go full tanky/regen build (Regen Master at 1, Amplified Healing at 4 and Brewmaster's Balance at 7 being the biggies). It's some of the funniest shit I've experienced in the game. Can easily get to like 100 HP/s regen later in the match with your trait shield and Abathur shield giving you plenty of time for it to keep you alive and kicking. As for actual solid advice for dealing with that though, you give up some nice traits for it but the Bolder Flavor trait at 16 is really nice against stun heavy comps, makes your shield build up a lot faster so even if you get interrupted you shouldn't die fast enough that you can't just start chugging again. As for Chen himself though I felt the same way initially, but after giving him some time I actually really enjoyed him. He can get away with so much stupid shit and bullying people with him is fucking hilarious.