1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    you can do turn 4 with all magic damage?
    Potentially, but the rebound on those knights . . . ouch.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Luc, i would highly, highly, highly recommend you change one of those SCH's to a WHM for Turn 4.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Luc, i would highly, highly, highly recommend you change one of those SCH's to a WHM for Turn 4.
    We have a whm/sch for healers. I meant to say X2 smn, not X2 sch. My bad.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Unless your on legacy server where people have all jobs at 50... i would say stick to what ur FC/LS have and grind it out.... it can only get easier from there per practice

but being said, 2 PLD 2 BRD 2 BLM 2 WHM/SCH is really the easiest.... unlimited curing MP, minimal dodge required, silence covered for turn 1 and turn 2..... its priceless(since FF is a multi job game, everyone will always go for the easiest setup no?)

as for what setup being do-able, seriously any setup is do-able as long u balance the standard 8 man PT setup..... so yea, back to my first statement :X

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Here's what we do. Your mileage may vary.

Turn 1 ADS:

PLD
    PLD (Adds)
    (Melee)
    (Ranged)
    BRD (Interrupt)
    BRD (Interrupt)
    WHM
    SCH

Turn 1 Caduceus (number correspond to which snake this person is on):

PLD (1)
    PLD (2)
    (Melee) (1)
    (Melee) (2)
    (Ranged) (1)
    (Ranged) (2)
    WHM (2)
    SCH (1)

Turn 2 (all):

PLD
    PLD
    BRD (Interrupt)
    BRD (Interrupt)
    BLM (Final Rot, for Aetherial Manipulation)
    (Melee) (LB3)
    WHM
    SCH

Turn 4:

PLD
    PLD
    (Melee) (LB1 final Dreadnought)
    BRD (Requiem/Ballad)
    BLM
    BLM (LB1 second AOE set)
    WHM
    SCH

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

My setup for turn 1:

PLD
    PLD
    WHM
    SCH
    BRD
    BLM
    MNK
    DRG

turn 2:
    PLD
    PLD
    WHM
    SCH
    BRD
    BLM
    SMN(mnk swapped)
    DRG
    We do the silence rotation as offtank -> brd -> offtank. It built good communication for us and works well.
    Mnk going smn helps us make a 1-5 rotation for Rot, and when 5 is hit our DRG walks it from 5->1

turn 4 is what we're on now, and we're still having trouble with phase 2 of it. Thurs will be the first night we give it serious attempts. so far we're attempting it with our turn 1 setup because our mnk/smn is much better geared on mnk.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    turn 4 is what we're on now, and we're still having trouble with phase 2 of it. Thurs will be the first night we give it serious attempts. so far we're attempting it with our turn 1 setup because our mnk/smn is much better geared on mnk.
    Have someone swap to a BLM or SMN for Turn 4. It is significantly easier with a balanced 2 melee 2 magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Have someone swap to a BLM or SMN for Turn 4. It is significantly easier with a balanced 2 melee 2 magic.
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to say with 2 physical and 2 magic? Since BRD would ranged physical and would break stoneskin.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm curious how SMNs handle the Knights/Soldiers. They kinda get shafted in that the DoTs are absorbed by soldier's SS yet also induce the rebound from knights

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    I'm curious how SMNs handle the Knights/Soldiers. They kinda get shafted in that the DoTs are absorbed by soldier's SS yet also induce the rebound from knights
    You can DoT the soldier with SS up and bane to get it on knight. Fester and ruin till dead.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Wouldn't it be more accurate to say with 2 physical and 2 magic? Since BRD would ranged physical and would break stoneskin.
    Yep, I meant that.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Thanks a lot for all the replies!

From the looks of it, we'll have the following at our disposal:

1) PLD
    2) PLD, WAR
    3) WHM, BLM
    4) SCH, BLM
    5) BLM, WHM
    6) BRD, WHM
    7) BRD, PLD, DRG
    8) MNK

This should grant us enough flexibility to use two BRDs where necessary and also give some members the freedom of coming on different jobs when the situation allows it. We can also go with PLD/WAR in turn 4 if that works better for us. One WHM is still in the process of getting to 50, but since he actually wants to play it as a mainjob, he can take some weight off the people who have WHM but don't want to play it.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

tol

Running two bards seems like a waste when really good melee rape shit. We run PLD PLD WHM SCH BRD MNK DRG BLM (SMN for turn 4)

So I am curious, I know Scholar/WHM will always be superior because of two different classes, the extra buff to MND but some of the reactions here seem to be along the lines of "two scholars you going to have a bad time" what about turns 1-4 is causing people to say this, a breakdown of the fights as double scholar group we run doesn't really explain why.

Turn 1

Single target damage mainly to which two Scholars will be healing two different tanks untill the very end, from what I read Scholar single target healing is 10% ahead(?) from what was math'd out if using the Physick/Embrace mouse macro and no chance of Adloquim stacking here untill <5%.

Turn 2

Slight AoE damage easily covered by Whispering Dawn, issue here with possible double stacking of Adloquim but if you talk to each other find out who has the better shields/crit rating and let them do Adloquim whilst the other does Physick for MT/Succor to blanket shield the raid.

Turn 4

Honestly here is where I think Double Scholar Shines a little bit, on bug waves can setup dots/bane across to others with no issues worrying about tank dropping low as fairy can more than heal the damage these things do, extra dots for soldier to burn down if you are a melee heavy group can dot and forget and continue healing after, you are needing to heal two tanks at the same time so again the 10% better single target healing plus the fact that Scholars definitely generate less aggro than WHM's help keep aggro in check, -10% damage reduction almost constantly 20 seconds of improved Virus for the 4 stack add, and assuming you do get the enrage for the AOE. Double Rouse Whispering Dawn, Fey Illumination and Mantra was healing for around 700 a tick with no worries to our threat levels. Last week our group managed to do Turn 4 without hitting the enrage or feeding spiders to the boss

Again I know Scholar/White Mage is stronger and if you can do it, definitely do but if not people may read this post thinking damn our double Scholar group just isn’t going to work which is not true at all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    I disagree with that. At this level, tank lb3 does more damage than melee lb3.

Scenario 1: Things get hairy. Melee uses limit break, is stuck in animation and dies before it goes off anyway, then the party wipes.
    Scenario 2: Things get hairy. Tank uses limit break. Party is safe to dps while healers catch everyone up, then more dps is applied after lb wears because no one is dead.

So ya, grab 2 brd, 2 blm, and be done with it
    Wat? I have yet to ever find a need for tank LB3. Final Heaven all the way.

Also, tell your DPS to learn when to LB3 then. That sounds like a DPS problem to me.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This is out setup, and we don't bother switching jobs between turns because we just melt everything anyway:

2 PLD
    1 SCH
    1 WHM
    2 BRD
    1 SMN
    1 DRG

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

General question about Bahamut's Coil setups

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    ^agreed on WAR OT on turn4, PLD have hard time keeping aggro from AOE.
    Good ones don't.

Our setup is: PLD x2, BLM, SMN, MNK, BRD, SCH, WHM. Melee limit break is too useful to speed up fights to not bring a melee really. No reason to ever use any other LB in coil.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Assuming perfection of everything, this rings true, but with SE's crazy lag on some nights, throwing up the tank LB on ADS is kinda useful.

Only time I don't melee LB on coil is when I'm too lazy to do it without dying. Then I do it anyway because I don't give a fuck and if I don't die I can pretend it was on purpose and I'm really the best melee.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It takes 2 seconds of basic thought to do it on any turn without dying.