1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Might be true. Would've been nice to see the "naked" house first in both cases.

Edit: v Alright I stand corrected, that's a good amount of space in the basement. Still don't like the upstairs space but that's just me being petty.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Here is the house on Adamantoise that Eldelphia filmed with furniture. Its the base house of when they first purchases it so you can see the basement with nothing in it. Prepare to mute your speakers though.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mira Lefrune
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

One small house sold on Sargatanas and man is it small(about the size as a moghouse lol) almost not worth it

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Here is the house on Adamantoise that Eldelphia filmed with furniture. Its the base house of when they first purchases it so you can see the basement with nothing in it. Prepare to mute your speakers though.
    That's an awesome find, thank you

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah as a FC I would never waste money on a small house, its way too small to be worth it. Save up for at minimum a medium sized.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Has anyone recorded the house building process? I would love to know what's involved.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Yeah as a FC I would never waste money on a small house, its way too small to be worth it. Save up for at minimum a medium sized.

The bonuses are very nice from having a FC house. If you can make the money for a medium/large (but don't yet have enough) you might as well get a small while you build your wealth.

What kind of bonuses?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Epeen is the #1 stat obviously.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    What kind of bonuses?
    We alternate XP bonuses between Jobs and Crafting. I am not sure what all the options are, but 20% more

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What does that have to do with housing? Aren't those the regular FC bonus actions??

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    What does that have to do with housing? Aren't those the regular FC bonus actions??

I could be full fledged Derping but we never got the bonuses until after we got the house.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

you spend your FC points for that... its +5~10% depending on your FC rank. Housing has nothing to do with it yet. YOu most likely did what my FC did and thought wed have to burn a ton of seals for the house so we used very few.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

You get the 10% tier 2 buffs from being rank 8 as an FC. We just bought our medium house yesterday and I can confirm that the house itself does not give any buffs. However, we did spend 9 hours decorating yesterday and it's really fun.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Am I right in assuming that the style of your house is dictated by the area you're in? I've seen the different names for things e.g Glade etc. Could you have a wooden house in Lisa for example?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know if everything is available for everything, but there are a bunch of walls and roofs craftable with different materials for the different size houses. Riviera Mansion Wall (Wood) or Oasis Mansion Roof (Stone), for example. So presumably you're locked to a particular style (?), but have various choices within that area. Aside from wood and stone there is also composite.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Am I right in assuming that the style of your house is dictated by the area you're in? I've seen the different names for things e.g Glade etc. Could you have a wooden house in Lisa for example?
    You decide on what your house is made out of when you buy it (Wood, Stone or Brick) Doesn't matter what area you are in, you can make your house out of whatever you want. We have a Stone house in Limsa and our neighbours have a Wood house next to us.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Oh thanks for that - we're saving for a medium in the hope we'll get one eventually. So far we could buy a small. I was curious if you were locked in stylistically depending on the area you bought in.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Riviera = Limsa.
    Glade = Gridania.
    Oasis = Ul'dah.

Inside the house you can use anything, however, outside you can only use stuff that is distinct to your region. IE when I was changing the roof and fence for our house I could only use Riviera items and not Glade or Oasis. Inside the house though we had Glade walls (partitions).

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah I thought that might be the case. What's the process for putting the house up? Do you have to buy something from an Npc or is it all put together from crafted components? It's going to be a while til we have enough for a medium plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast