Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 733 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev Tracker: Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Maybe if Slow affected the readying phase of TP moves and in general was doubled over its current potency for melee rounds. But yeah, just more proof they got their head up their collective bungholes when it comes to RDM. It's sad I feel the best thing they've done for the job lately is the Combat Skill thing yielding magical stats, but I also don't want to choke a kitten when I consider the m-word.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's actually a really cool idea for a new spell.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait so rdm sp2 is macc boost to 1 enfeebling spell while blm is macc boost to all spells for 60 seconds (which previously they said would be on the same order as elemental seal) and lower enmity <.<. da fuq. That's about as balanced as AM3 empyrean aftermath is to Gugnir aftermath

Also noticed how somethings that used to say 100% or guaranteed are now increased chance? Like how war was 100% chance to DA now it's increased or rng was guaranteed chance to double and triple shot (wtf that meant) and now is an increased chance to do 1 or the either

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Most of the new ability names were easy to figure out (they changed a lot of the names) but I have no clue what the RUN one is. Direct romaji version of the katakana is ODIRIKKUSEBUTA. Any ideas?
    when i saw that i was like.. wtf is Odirikkusabuta?

im thinking its 2 words to mean something of magical nature. since its not really related to fencing, i would rule out fencing terms..

i'm thinking it might be Odyllic Subter?

or some other obscure words put together to sound cool

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I like most of the abilities. Not surprised red mages feel let down, been like that for so long now lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

They had changed the WAR 1hr shortly after it hit test servers. Instead of 100% DA it was +massive chunk that decayed over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    That's actually a really cool idea for a new spell.
    Not a new idea, really, as myself and others have pitched it at SE before. Big picture for me with RDM and the whole enfeebling thing is it's gotta be balls out if it's supposed to be the job's thing. That means people subbing it can't be at all competitive, but at the same time, GEO did muscle in on some of that potential. Oh well, I've pretty much given up on any hope of them actually doing good things for the job directly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    when i saw that i was like.. wtf is Odirikkusabutal
    Kinda funny put it thru Google translate with spaces in different places and one of them came out as scab dance lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't get why they can't just, in the very least, give the RDM SP2 an effect duration (~20 seconds) rather than have it be one-use. Really they should throw on a Saboteur-ish effect as well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am confused I thought BLUs SP2 was chainspelling blu magic?!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The first version of Fly High made it give a 0 sec recast(Chainspell) for "Jump" only. They said they'd revise it to affect all Jumps but impose a 5-10s recast on them to balance it out. I wonder which version they decided on. I believe the former version is kind of meh considering that spamming 20 'Jumps' in 30 seconds is weaker than just auto-attacking under high haste situations(due to 2s JA delay). Also regular Jump is crap, shit does like 300 damage in Delve. If it's the latter, then woo, we get 30 seconds to use Spirit Jump like 4 times and Soul Jump like 3 times. It's sort of cool but the duration is so low and those Jump may still miss unless given 100% acc like with Spirit Surge(doubtful). Definitely a weaker effect than WAR's +100% DA for 30 seconds or DRK absorbing 40TP per hit or whatever.

RDM's should have been a duration effect instead of single use. It may be useful if it circumvents immunity(like landing Silence on Absolute Virtue during Chainspell for full duration or landing sleep on any Abyssea NM.) If it doesn't circumvent immunity, it's a pointless 2hr.

BLU's SP2 was and always was a 60 second duration Unbridled Learning. The name used to be Unbridled Wisdom but now it's called N. Wisdom? Not sure what the N stands for, maybe Notorious? This has potential due to being able to lock any monster susceptible to Absolute Terror, assuming after one or two uses the resistance doesn't increase vastly. Also makes us semi invincible in low man situations if you have Shadows and continuously cast Bulwark or Bloodrake.

RUN's 2hr name sounds like this, from wiki:
    The Odic force (also called Od [õd], Odyle, Önd, Odes, Odylic, Odyllic, or Odems) is the name given in the mid-19th century to a hypothetical vital energy or life force by Baron Carl von Reichenbach. Von Reichenbach coined the name from that of the Norse god Odin in 1845.[1]
    The norse were known for using Runes and large swords engraved with Runes and they worshipped Odin. Rune Fencers are similar to vikings in that they also use Runes and come from the north.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    BLU's SP2 was and always was a 60 second duration Unbridled Learning. The name used to be Unbridled Wisdom but now it's called N. Wisdom? Not sure what the N stands for, maybe Notorious? This has potential due to being able to lock any monster susceptible to Absolute Terror, assuming after one or two uses the resistance doesn't increase vastly. Also makes us semi invincible in low man situations if you have Shadows and continuously cast Bulwark or Bloodrake.
    UL spells have recasts, I really doubt the new SP is going to remove them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Oh right I forgot. They're all 30s recasts before haste too. Well in high haste situations we can probably get those recasts down to 6 seconds or so with max recast, which is still pretty damned good. Would require a lot of FC we don't have though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

RDM's should have been a duration effect instead of single use. It may be useful if it circumvents immunity(like landing Silence on Absolute Virtue during Chainspell for full duration or landing sleep on any Abyssea NM.) If it doesn't circumvent immunity, it's a pointless 2hr.
    iirc they said it wouldn't bypass immunity. And I think they said something like it wouldn't help with partial but that could just be them not knowing how that is based on hit rate or worded weird. Basically the way it was described made it sound like it was worse than elemental seal for enfeebling magic

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Based on Matsui's points below the list, it definitely doesn't bypass immunity. It sounds like he anticipates it being used along with ES so people can quickly stick a couple of resisty enfeebling effects on a tough boss monster. Frankly anything magic accuracy related is kind of gimmicky at this point since IL113+ weapons combined with a good m.acc set gives you a ridiculous amount of it and makes it pretty easy to stick enfeebs. I'm guessing we'll have more resistant stuff coming though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not to mention elemental seal already gives so much macc it's extremely difficult to test. I mean what are they planning on having mobs that have 1800 meva or something but also are built such that being able to land a single debuff on it has a noticeable effect?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BLU's SP2 was and always was a 60 second duration Unbridled Learning. The name used to be Unbridled Wisdom but now it's called N. Wisdom? Not sure what the N stands for, maybe Notorious? This has potential due to being able to lock any monster susceptible to Absolute Terror, assuming after one or two uses the resistance doesn't increase vastly.
    Well while I think that will be nice it feels kinda odd since given ATs duration (which is why it's good and preferable to stuns) you are only really getting 3 out of it. Though having about 1.5 minutes of terror with only brief periods of activity per blu is kinda cool. Get a small team and you basically make decent DDs into your stun lock (and it will probably actually work on Hurkaan while stun probably wont)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

RDM new 1hr is very bad. They should've kept the original idea, it at least was useful, despite it not being worth a 1 hour cooldown.

Also, the new BLU 1hr has to let you have no recast on spells in that list or it's a very bad 1hr as well. They probably gave the spells a recast initially because they had to have something for that variable set even though they're gray when UL isn't in effect.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    They broke a bunch of other additional effects in that update, not just defense down effects, most of which were crappy and no one used. For example; sandspin (weak acc down), hecatomb wave(blind), various relic ws effects like attack/acc down, gale axe (choke lol), nightmare scythe (blind), and more.

Barbed crescent (-30 acc down debuff) which was added at the same time and never worked either.
    they were broken long before that

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

When the test server came out SE was so fucking lenient with feedback that they revised Bully like 4x, Steady Wing 2x and Scarelt Delerium like twice. They adjusted many of the 95 cap abilities to appease people. Now they never adjust anything differently from how its implemented on the test server, its like whats the point?

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 733 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast